[LPF] Elenore's Jewels

jkason

First Post
Eanos listens carefully to the lady's tale, and request, his hand drifting momentarily to the spot beneath his jacket under which the silvery key of Issolatha hangs. He cocks his head to one side, considering his response.

"Unorthodox? So, you want us to scare him or steal from him, yes?"

He holds up his hand in anticipation that any noble would need to re-name thievery as something else.

"Not opposed to either, and not judging. Plenty of things are legal and serve evil, and plenty enough times when the law's nothing but a shield for the dark. But I won't be doing any of that with half the information, so:

"Who's the man, and how did he get these jewels of yours?

"He hasn't sold to your ex yet, means he's holding out for something that isn't money. What is that?

"What would the jewels mean to your ex beyond shaming you?

"What does losing the jewels to him cost you that you're looking for sellswords on the streets?"

Eanos leans in, a cold glint in his eye as he pulls the key out and dangles it, adding, "Be careful how you answer. Mine's the Lady of Secrets. She's taught me to spot liers. I'll have the answers either way. Easier on everyone if you tell the truth now, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]Invoking Silver Tongued Haggler (Sense Motive now +20) as a free action, and using Inquisitor Discern Lies ability as immediate action. (I have a question on the DC for this, so I'll just go with the lower option for now so I don't hold things up: DC 15 Will save to avoid)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 20 (22 w/ SoF)
HP: 41 Current: 41
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +6 Will: +9

Conditions:

In Hand:Seeking Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining

Used:

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 4/6 remaining
Bane: 6/6 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 15 for cha, 17 for Wis): 5/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien opens her mouth to ask some questions, but in rare form she has little to ask about as her new companion start really interrogating the Lady in earnest. Question after question after question, followed up by a threat to not try lying.

She giggles, "Hee, hee. Just who is interviewing who for a job, Eanos? I think you missed a question or two."

"When is this man supposed to sell these jewels to your ex-husband and what do they look like? We will need to be able to recognize them so we ensure we get the right ones back."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +20 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +7 Reflex: +13 Will: +6
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 3:19pm: On Arcane Row ~

Elenore_zps85a41fd1.jpg

The Lady Elenore is not so amused at the presumption and tone of Eanos's questioning. Nor is she intimidated by his threats concerning lies and the stern insistence he would learn the truth before she even agreed to hiring him.

"Yes, of course. More information will be provided, assuming you two would serve my purposes. Inquisitiveness is admirable and a sign of the capability to be clever."

"But you have not even introduced yourselves nor explained why I should even trust you with the truth. If I choose to not share my secrets, that is not your place to even question."

"Though, it is well that you are not concerned about being strictly lawful when it comes to doing what is right or what you are being paid to do. I will grant you that much."

"Should we come to an agreement, I will leave the methods up to you. And any laws you feel you need to bend are entirely up to you. I am willing to pay to have my jewelry returned to me."

Eanos does not detect any falsehoods at all. Her aristocratic air and tone are genuine.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Tyrien:   64/64 HP remaining; 
Eanos:    41/41 HP remaining;  

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos' stern glare breaks as he laughs.

"Eanos," he says with a nod to indicate he's introducing himself.

Then, visibly relaxing, Eanos settles back in the seat to continue.

"Coachman said you had a job offer for us. Didn't realize you were interviewing," he says with a shrug. "Already know your name, your crest, and that you're a divorced noble--pretty rare in the world of bartered marriages. Not too hard to ask around and ferret out the other names if we were the secret-selling kind. Sort of figured a noble looking for discretion would have already vetted folk before inviting them into her carriage.

"Apologies, then, for assuming. Just thought to get a jump on the kinds of details that bite a body in the ass on this kind of job, yes?"

He jabs a thumb to his chest, saying "Sneaky, sharp-eyed, able to spot a lie and tell them, and pretty good with a bow." He turns his wrist so that the thumb now points to Tyrien. "Think I'll let the lady speak for herself, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]Sorry if I seem to be pushing things / making assumptions. I just know I'm effectively the slowing / limiting factor here, since obviously you-as-GM will never have to wait on Tyrien. I just don't want to drag things down since it looks like I get on to post after you've finished for the day. Plus, as chatty as Tyrien is, I don't want you to feel like you're just talking to yourself the whole time ;)

Eanos and Tyrien didn't talk a lot about her abilities beyond bows, as I recall, and his "secret" schtick is such that I try not to have him give out information about others unless he has to, which was why he didn't introduce Tyrien. He sees introducing someone else to be a rude offering of their secrets; he's a bit backwards like that, but he is a Heretic, after all. :) [/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions:

Used:

Discern Lies (DC 17): 5/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien blinks a few times as the woman makes them take a figurative step back, "Oh, okay. I am Tyrien e'Adrianne, elven archeress of the arcane. Slayer of dark stalkers, undead, and the dragonne Arrak. Except the Helerion priest brought the grumpy dragonne back to life."

"I am adept with the bow, yet I know a little magic. I am decent enough scout, too... And I can swim, ride a horse, tumble a bit... oh, I can shoot arrows pretty fast."

+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 3:20pm: On Arcane Row - Elenore's Carriage ~

Elenore_zps85a41fd1.jpg

The carriage continues onward. Lady Elenore accepts the explanations with a simple, "Thank you."

"I must tell you the opportune moment to get my jewelry back is approaching quickly and you might need time to prepare. What preparations you need make, I can only advise to a certain extent."

The noblewoman actually colors slightly, in embarrassment most likely. "As it happens, the cruel man who has my jewelry is one known as Steven Blancher. He is a wealthy merchant of some means and aspiring towards nobility. He... he swindled me and has my jewelry and refuses to return them or even sell them back out of spite. The cause of his hostility is known. I managed to spurn his romantic advances quite publicly and he is rather resentful over it."

"He even told me of his plan to sell them to my cheating ex-husband, the General. Once he has them, I shall never see them again... except to see them on that whore he has taken to be his new bride." Her voice drips venom at this revelation.

After a calming breath, she continues a moment later, "Mister Blancher is going to meet the General at his favorite bath house in about thirty to forty minutes. It is already too late to get my jewelry from him before Blancher arrives, he is already there, in all likelihood enjoying himself to a massage. I will go see my ex-husband and delay him, but that will only provide an extra half an hour for you."

"So the only way to get my jewelry is to go to the Bath House, but luckily Blancher will be vulnerable at the time."

"However, he must not know that I sent you. So whatever you do to acquire them, must not implicate me. The man is a viper and he will likely see revenge if he learns your identities. If he gets proof of my involvement, then he could even make an overt move against me."

Code:

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] [sblock=OOC]First, your character is the lead protagonist and the pace is up to you. :)
I will try to post once per day in reply during my next window which is often at least a half day after yours. I am usually wrapping up my posting for the night and off to bed when you come on-line. So only quick stuff happens during that time unless I am still catching up on things. But since I have figured out when you come on-line, I will try to have 1-2 posts up and ready for you beforehand. Weekends are busy for me and I might need an extra day. If you cannot post every day, that is okay.

Second, Tyrien in NPC'd mode is not like Tyrien in player mode. She going to let Eanos speak first in terms of substance. She is normally only chatty when there is idle time anyway. :p

Last, there is no need to rush the conversations as far as I am concerned. I like them. So it is best make it feel natural and reply in kind. So they tend to take longer than most games.

While this is short, the actual combat itself is not going to be a large part of it. But I don't want to spoiler the experience and say more. :)[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos raises an eyebrow. "Is it your ex, or this Blancher who frequents the bath house?" he asks, the hint of a smile on his lips, then he shakes his head, dismissing the question.

"Tyrien's right. Need to know what we're looking for, first. And if there's any friendly to you who work this place. Think he'll keep the jewels on him, or is there a safe box in this place? Probably want to know now if we'll need to open locks."

Turning to Tyrien, he asks, "Any disguise or invisibility magics on you? Might be worth checking the Pearl."

Back to the Lady, he has a sudden thought: "Don't suppose you have a portrait of your ex handy, do you?"

[sblock=ooc]Disguise Self to look like the General is probably too difficult given the time constraints, but Eanos does have enough to get a Hat of Disguise for this little shindig, and probably an invisibilty scroll or two...[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions:

Used:

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien looks curiously at the Lady. "He is carting around your jewels while washing his own family jewels. Hee, hee. That is just rich and priceless, HA HA."

She stops laughing and sobers up a bit. "I suppose we can castrate him if you want," she says in a dead-pan that is ruined as she snickers.

Finally in control of herself, Tyrien shakes her head, "No, I only know a little bit of spell casting. A healing spell and one of inspiration. But, I am pretty good as sneaking around otherwise. I can pick open a look too, if we need to."

"What sort of bath house is this place?"
she asks Lady Elenore.

+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 3:21pm: On Arcane Row - Elenore's Carriage ~

Elenore_zps85a41fd1.jpg

The carriage continues onward.

Lady Elenore answers as she ignores the jests from the teenage half-elf.

"Sorry, no I do not have a portrait of that bastard the General."

"Blancher often conducts business at the exclusive bath house, so I am told. He brags about the place to all who will listen. I guess he feel it is safe neutral ground where people cannot hide weapons or anything. If they have safeguards for magic as well, I do cannot say."

"I have never been inside the bath house, myself. It is actually male only for patrons, but there are likely some women on the serving staff."

"The necklace and earrings are probably kept in the velvet bag that I had them in. I don't think he will let them out of his sight while he is there in the bath house. Would he trust them to a safe or the staff, I do not know."

The noblewoman glances out the window as the carriage is coming to the end of Arcane Row.

"If you wish to stop somewhere along the way, I can instruct the carriage to detour. I am not sure you will be even allowed into the doors of the establishment with all your weapons and armor."

Code:

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos nods.

"Mystic Pearl. Definitely sounds like we'll need some disguise magics, or maybe some compulsion."

[sblock=ooc]Okay, sounds like we'll need disguise magics at the very least, so I'll hit up the Pearl later today. Probably grab a hat of disguise and see what kind of useful scrolls I can find, as well.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions:

Used:

Remove ads