[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

With an arched eyebrow, Tyrien glanced at Kalgor as he wanted to bring up the past at a time where they were trying to discuss a new job. He had plenty of time to come over and start giving her crap in the tavern’s main room and decided not to.

She shrugged, "Well, the grumpy dragonne was brought back to life anyway. I learned that you have to be wary of employers and it is best to stay away from bathhouses."

She knew full well there was way more to the stories than her few words conveyed, but if the man really wanted to know, he could ask later.

Having already mentioned wariness of trusting employers, Tyrien turned back to the Halfling and elf.

"Yes, gold would be nice. Before we get down to negotiating, I have a few more questions."

"Can you describe these murders? Have they been ‘targeting’ your organizations at the exact same time, or just separately?"

"Have they been leaving any witnesses behind?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +18 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Huh, finding murderer in hive of scum und villins ist like finding needle in haystack. all you need ist magnet. Dependink on answers of Tyrian will describe magnet to find needle."

Systole

First Post
The halfling watches Eanos' and Kalgor's exchange with glee. "A bit of dark history, then? Interesting." She clucks her tongue at Kalgor and Tyrien. "Dirty laundry? In front of a potential employer? It must be very dirty laundry if it needs airing out that urgently." Despite the admonishment in her words, her tone is one of amusement.

To Tyrien she says, "The murders seem to be somewhat random and rather bloody. The attacks happen every two or three days on average, but never more than once a day, and never more than four or five days apart. As for the who, each attack feels rather like a coin flip: one of ours, two of theirs, one of ours, one of theirs, two of ours, and so on. They target individuals or small groups. There have been no survivors, but in some cases, neighbors have heard or seen things. When we reach Gandling, you'll be able to interview those people directly as well as look at crime scenes. Any more questions? No?"

She turns to Rahor, "On behalf of the Western Sea Syndicate, I would like to appoint the woodsman and Ms. e'Adrianne, because of their interesting mutual history. And the archer, too, since it seems he has an urgent need to be anywhere but Venza, and I do have a soft spot in my heart for people in that situation." To Eanos she adds, "And if you have need of equipment, I will be able to arrange for a sending and have it available for you when we reach Gandling."

The elf nods. "For me being King's Crew, I am officially agree. And for King's Crew, I am officially point the Spawn of the Hunter in the Darkness. And Heinritz Vistard, because he is smart talkers and has beard that show he is mighty Elder."

Sugar Sweet chuckles. "The Syndicate accepts your choices. Ah, my dear Mr. of Clan Gregga, you never cease to amaze me. I might even miss you a little when you're dead."

Rahor puffs his chest out. "Because I am Jiragan, and all Jiragan is amazing."

sugarsweet_100.jpg
rahor_150.jpg

Sugar Sweet . . . . . . . Rahor . . . . . .

Satin Knights

First Post
"Just some gentle teasing I assure you. If I was going to go through the laundry list of her shortcomings, we might be here until dawn. But, they are all things, once you know them, you can plan for and use. I don't expect her to actually stab me in the back. I just expect bouts of incompetence here and there. Chatterbox that she is, she won't hesitate to gossip with anyone about anything. The odds of us investigating discretely are almost impossible. So, I fully plan on letting her annoy and tip off the mark we are hunting for. Eventually, she will annoy him enough that he will come after her. Once he goes after the bait, it is only a matter of rescuing her and keeping her alive. Done it before successfully, and I will try to do it again." His smile is somewhat genuine.

"Now on to the investigations themselves. Would you have any tokens or trinkets that we can use to show your respective factions that we are working for the pair of you, and in your interests in finding this murderer? Each of you work in organizations the would not normally discuss internal matters with outsiders I am assuming. Having something that breaks that first wall of gathering information would be most helpful. It will likely also avoid skirmishes of misunderstanding."

"And then once we are relatively certain of our suspect, do you want him captured alive, or can we go the easier route of being executioner on the spot? Of course, if we get into a battle, we are going to protect ourselves to the best of our ability, and misjudging the health of another in battle is difficult. That thin line between unconscious and splat is hard to achieve. I am just curious how important the distinction is for the two of you."

"Let's see, more questions... Any places that are off limits? Is there a third minor group that might be wanting to start a war between you two? How long to sail out there?"
[section]

[sblock=Actions]talk[/sblock][sblock=Kalgor and Gragnor]Kalgor AC 18 HP 72/72, Init +2, Perception +12/+14 vs human, Darkvision, Move 30' STR 18 Dex 14
Fort: +6, Reflex +6, Will +7, CMB +8, CMD 21
+1 Greatsword +10, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, +1d6 Precise when flanking with Gragnor or
Power Attack +1 Greatsword, +8, 2d6+13 + ...
Handbo +9, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +8, d8+4..... Arrows 10 Normal, 15 CI, 20 Silver, 9 Blunt, 2 Smoking, 4 Grappling
Sling +7, d4+4........ Sling bullets 15
Spell Storing Armor: If touched can release, 3d6 Shocking Grasp
Ring of Force Fangs: 6 of 9 charges stored, CL9

...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt, Read Magic
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Umbrella
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 5/5 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, Summon Eidolon, Invisibility
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Shocking Grasp, Vanish(3r), Enlarge Person*(T), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (80 minutes)
.Summoner Monster III:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (8 min), Lantern Archon, Celestial Ape, d4+1 Celestial dogs, d4+1 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike, Power Attack
.............Consumables: 2 AntiToxin, 2 AntiPlague, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, 50/50 charges Wand of CLW
.............Consumables: 10/10 charges Wand of Lesser Restoration, 1 Scroll of Fly, 1 Scroll of Ant Haul, 1 Liquid Ice
.............Consumables: 50/50 charges Wand of Mage Armor
.....,......Party Supplies:

...,,,,.Effects:
.,,...In hand:

Gragnor HP: 47/47, AC 23 ..... Move: Walk 40', Fly 40' Perfect
Fort +5, Reflex +8, Will +1, CMB +4, CMD 18, Evasion, size small
Perception +8, Stealth +15, Fly +19, Darkvision
Acrobatics +20, Init +4, Precise Strike, Pounce, Piranha Strike
Normal Bite +10, d4+1; Claw +10, d3+1; Claw +10, d3+1 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold +1d6 Precision damage each
Piranha Bite
.+8, d4+5; Claw ..+8, d3+5; Claw .+8, d3+5 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold +1d6 Precision damage each
Effects:

[/sblock]
[/section]

Scott DeWar

"Just some gentle teasing I assure you. If I was going to go through the laundry list of her shortcomings, we might be here until dawn. But, they are all things, once you know them, you can plan for and use. I don't expect her to actually stab me in the back. I just expect bouts of incompetence here and there. Chatterbox that she is, she won't hesitate to gossip with anyone about anything. The odds of us investigating discretely are almost impossible. So, I fully plan on letting her annoy and tip off the mark we are hunting for. Eventually, she will annoy him enough that he will come after her. Once he goes after the bait, it is only a matter of rescuing her and keeping her alive. Done it before successfully, and I will try to do it again." His smile is somewhat genuine.

"Sounds like goot magnet to me"

"Let's see, more questions... Any places that are off limits? Is there a third minor group that might be wanting to start a war between you two? How long to sail out there?"

Hearing further questions being asked, and good ones at that, he remains quiet until they get answered.

[sblock=stat block] HP 72/72, Init +2, Perception +10 Move 30'

AC: 12[base]; 14 [w/ shield spell]; 16 [w/ Ablative Barrier spell]; 18 [w/ shield and abl barr]
touch: 12; Flat Foot: 10 [shield or abative barrier may apply]

HP: 38/38 Fort: +5, Reflex +7, Will +9, BAB +4, CMB +4, CMD 16

Consumables: Wand of CLW 50/50 charges; Wand of Magic Missiles [CL1] 45/50 charges
oil x 6 pints; sun rods x 6; Alchemist fire x 1; Scroll [stoneshape cl 7]
In hand: Dagger
Effects:
light source: Lamp, common; cantrip: light [dur: 90 mins]
Per day use abilities:
Fire jet DC 16 [Used: 0/8]

Dancing flame [used 0/4]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Wizard Spells prepared]
0 Level * acid splash * Detect Magic * Light * Resistance

level 1: * comp lang * Burning Hands(ev,E,*)* ear pierce scream * Feather Fall
* magic missile * shield * Shield
pearl of power lv 1: Feather fall
pearl of power lv 1: Magic missile
pearl of power lv 1: Magic Missile

level 2: * Cat's grace * False Life * Flaming Sphere [ev,E] * Resist Energy [E] * Scorching Ray [ev, E]
* Levitate
pearl of power lv 2: cat's grace
pearl of power lv 2: scorching ray (ev,E)

level 3: * Fire ball (**,ev,E)* Haste* Haste* ablative barrier* lightning bolt
pearl of power lv 3: ablative barrier

level 4: * summon monster 4 (E)* Detonate* stone skin* stone skin

level 5: * lightning arc* wall of force* Elemental body [E]
Legend:
( - ) denotes a cast spell
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Sugar Sweet looks perplexed for a moment. "In Gandling? I'd be surprised if anyone in Gandling didn't know who we were, and by extension you are. Word travels quickly in there, especially when both the Syndicate and the Crew want word to travel quickly." She gives Rahor a sidelong glance. "The Syndicate does have a code phrase if you run into someone uncooperative. It's 'Reginald needs a bath.'" The feral elf stiffens, and his hands move toward his javelins before he stops himself.

Seeing his reaction, she smiles and continues. "Alive would be preferred, but dead is quite acceptable. So long as the attacks end." She shrugs again when asked about Gandling and the possibility of a third group. "No places are off limits. And there are no third parties that we know of. That's the problem. Occasionally, there's a moron who gets it in his head to be a big name, but they're never much of a threat and they never last long. And it's about five or six days' sail, depending on the wind."

sugarsweet_100.jpg
rahor_150.jpg

Sugar Sweet . . . . . . . Rahor . . . . . .

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos keeps his expression pleasant as the halfling notes his troubles.

"Got a few things would be useful. Won't say no to avoiding public shops for a smidge," he returns, attempting to express thanks without actually expressing a debt. He suspects doing so might complicate his life considerably.

He glosses over the clear tension between Tyrien and Kalgor for now, instead latching onto the answers to questions.

"Sounds like a very clever--or very lucky--soul who keeps a secret this strong 'round your territory," he says with a nod. "Figure we'll learn not much more here, from the sound of it, yes?

"What's the going price for clearing the field to rejoin the feud these days, anyway?"
he finishes by way of asking about compensation.

[sblock=ooc]I did a shopping post a smidge ago so I wouldn't be holding things up (it always takes me forever to re-stat myself after shopping). Thanks for setting it up in-thread so I'm not warping the laws of spacetime :)

Eanos won't stop anyone asking any more questions. Just sounded like there wasn't much more to be learned directly from these two. For what it's worth, though, might not hurt to throw a Sense Motive to see if Eanos can get an idea if they're holding back anything as pertains to the murder. I imagine these two are hiding all SORTS of things in general, though, so I also suspect the results might be muddy. :)

Sense Motive Sugar Sweet; Rahor (1d20+18=24, 1d20+18=31)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +7
AC: 22 (24 w/ SoF)
HP:54 Current: 54
CMB: +6 CMD: 20 Fort: +6
Reflex: +6
Will: +9

Conditions: None

In Hand: Bow

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement: 3/3 Remaining
Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 6/6 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 6/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Bloodhound, Invisibility, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (2/2 remaining)(DC 16): Dispel Magic, Prayer

Random notes: Syndicate code phrase: 'Reginald needs a bath.'[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

"I sense Das vizard ist a bit out uf his field. Hrm. Das hive here might haf more innocents then what might be safe for a Fuer ball spell. I haf very limited divination spells."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases