[LPF] Faith and Good Works

Systole

First Post
GM: Missed your note about leveling. I admit I haven't been paying attention because the last time I checked, I was sure you were going to hit an encounter before I had to worry about TBX, but I may have been wrong. Let me check.

GM: EDIT: PM is correct. I have Cythera leveling on 22 July, after the wrathspawn encounter. Not sure how I missed that, but I remember checking to see if anyone had leveled and concluding that no one had (and that it was going to be a long time before anyone came close to leveling). Chalk it up to epic brain cramp, I guess. Based on current math, I have Cythera at 40404 as of 1 Oct.

Fury I have at 34059 as of today, 1 Oct. That's using 4 May as a start date, though. I'm not sure why I wrote 23 April, unless that was because you were thinking of spending DMC and I wanted to remind myself of when that XP number dated from.

I'd prefer you both leveled now. That makes it easier to tweak the next few encounters.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: Thanks, I thought we might get to level before kicking off combat. I should have posted separate instead of editing in on my last IC post to stop the updating. :blush:

I have leveled Cythera if someone would do me the honors, please. :)

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]@Systole
OOC: I was going to have Cythera join Fury.

While I don't mind if Fury fights alone I hate to dominate the scene, especially when a battle could take several real life days or longer. Since it would take Fury ten feet of movement to cross the second barrier and only five feet for Cythera to cross the first could she have crossed before Fury did?

Re: Leveling. I'm not sure where the April 23 date comes from either. My notes have Fury starting on 5 May. I did use DMC to bump him up to 7th right before this adventure so maybe you are right.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]@Systole

While I don't mind if Fury fights alone I hate to dominate the scene, especially when a battle could take several real life days or longer. Since it would take Fury ten feet of movement to cross the second barrier and only five feet for Cythera to cross the first could she have crossed before Fury did?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Likewise Bren. I was about to post him joining Fury based on Fury's invitation for "a bit of exercise," but then noticed he posted that he proceeded "without waiting for a response" and thought that he wouldn't have a chance to do so.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Hold, Fury! The veil has solidified and we can't get through. Step back . . . hopefully this will allow us to pass."

OOC: Mowgli takes unabashed advantage of the generous hint! :D

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 Flat-Footed, 19 Touch)
HP: 56/56
CMB: +7 CMD: 29 (+9/31 vs Grapple)
Fort: +10 Reflex: +07 Will: +16

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Divine Favor, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Once she sees what looks like opponents, Cythera orders the husky to stay.

"No need for you to get hurt, Carak. Stay boy."

"Fury, I think I will join you if there is battle to be done. By the words we translated and those figures, I am guess that will be likely."

With her glaive in hand she moves to reach Fury's side.

Meanwhile the dog looks on from the safety of the hallway, scratching his ear with a hind leg. Perfectly content to stay put.

OOC: Take 10 on Handle Animal.

Still need a level-up approval. ;)
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury looks like he is about to dive forward and tackle the two magical constructs all on his own but checks himself when Bren calls out. The rogue looks back and frowns but does as Bren suggests and steps through the veil back towards his companions though he doesn't look too happy.

"Just so long as that rock doesn't think I'm a coward, or whatever it was you said that translation was."

Fury is apparently struggling to keep his bravado in check. Even the hazy suggestion on the plaque that stepping back from battle is cowardice triggers his Planks upbringing where brazenness is a virtue and caution a flaw. Once the three are back together they can step forward, together, and face the constructs as a unit.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]