• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Faith and Good Works

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera puts the third key with the other two. Sheathing her sword she smiles as well.

"Certainly. That was well done, indeed. But, I agree the day has been long and these initial tests were possibly the easy part. Once we use the keys we might need to be at our best."

"Where shall we camp? Do you want to spend the night in the room behind the painting?"

She heads back in that direction and pats the waiting husky on the head.

The dog has been wagging his tail, happy for the attention. But he is secretly very jealous that he was not allowed to play with the constructs in the chambers. It was all a big game of chase and he is good at chasing. He gives a chastising bark to his mistress after her petting finishes.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 87 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 10/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 3/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 3/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
GM: I have Fury at 48824 XP as of the close of business today, in case you want to spend DMC to bump him, GE. Everyone else is a ways out from levelling.

Also, I'm rather glad that you figured out the trick before you had to fight the berserks. If you went in there with your normal flanking/skirmisher type tactics, it would have been ouchie-time.

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: Thanks, Systole. I've been running a bit behind this week with New Years, etc. but I plan on getting Fury bumped up to 9 this weekend or sooner if possible.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Yes, the hidden room would be safest, in my not so humble opinion."

The rogue grins at his companions and operates the trick to the room to raise the door and closes it when everyone has entered. Once inside, however, Fury doesn't immediately settle down to rest: he paces back and forth between two of the statues. Eventually he pulls out his rapier and runs through a few exercises then sheathes it and draws out his sap and performs some exercises with it. Finally, to his companions' great relief he puts his weapons away and settles for the night.

[sblock=OOC]OK, Fury is updated for level 9 and ready to continue on when the rest of you are.[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 7 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 72 Current: 72
CMB: +8 CMD: 24 Fort: +4 Ref: +14 Will: +6

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The night passes uneventfully, but it is a long night. The husky paces well past midnight, and it takes the party members a long time to fall asleep as well. The insidious thrum from below is more noticeable through a bedroll than through the soles of a pair of sturdy travelling boots, and it makes for a somewhat restless few hours. Eventually, morning comes and everyone finds themselves groggy and uncomfortable, but having rested at least well enough to function.

GM: Nothing bothered you during the night, except the vibration got on everyone's nerves. There are no mechanical effects.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury wakes early, or what he supposes is early. He stretches and twists causing his back and neck to pop and crack. After breaking his fast on rations and feeding the scraps to Carak (with Cythera's permission) he is finally ready to be at least a small amount of sociable.

"So. We have the keys. I say we go see what that infernal rumbling is and, you know, do all that other stuff we came here to do."

He takes a deep breath and heads over to the secret door panel. Feeling suddenly cautious he puts an ear to the stone and listens before activating the door. If he hears nothing he'll go ahead and open the door.

• Orlando Furioso •

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Known:
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

The night before, Cythera took note of the man's rapier work. So after they finish the morning routine, she intends to practice something with Fury.

But, first nature is calling. And not just her.

"Sure, but first I need to get outside and... Well, Carak needs to find a tree."

"After that, I have an idea about a combat technique we could try, Fury."

Carak is pawing at the door, wanting to be let out of the chamber where he has been cooped up for several hours.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 87 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 10/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 3/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 3/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

OOC: I did have a post for the night before drafted, but since we advanced I can save it for after our characters finish their morning ablutions. It will still be valid. :)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Bren wakes early - years of Monastery routine aren't done away with in a few weeks, even if one is wont to break them - and move about the room quietly as the others finish their restless sleep. He settles easily against the wall, centering himself and breathing, then breathing, then just sitting. As Fury begins to stir he comes up from his reflection and watches the rake through his own form of meditation.

When the others are ready, Breninyr is ready to move on as well.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (19 Flat-Footed, 22 Touch)
HP: 62/62
CMB: +8 CMD: 26 (+10/28 Bull Rush)(+10/28 Grapple)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +08 Will: +17

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (07/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
There is no noise from the other side of the sliding panel, and the chamber is just as you left it the night before. Outside, the day is clear and cold. There is no sign of any activity save for a few distant hawks wheeling over an updraft in the distance, and the occasional skittering of a ground squirrel.

GM: When you want to advance, head over to the door with the three keyholes.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury breathes deeply of the cold mountain air.

"A bit thinner than the air in Venza, eh?" He glances over at Carak then Cythera. "You said you have an idea about a combat technique? Some fancy footwork I could use? A chasse, maybe?" He grins so that she knows his kidding is just that and not serious.

• Orlando Furioso •

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Known: