• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] In Love and Death

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnome does not even stop to count the coin and slips it into her pack and nods, "Thank you milady."

Zelena also smiles and greets the half-orc, "Hello Kanli, good to see you again."

"The undead you say? That is, disturbing. Are you sure the person doing this is your brother, and not some imposter?" the gnome asks. She sips her iced tea and leans back. "If it is your brother perhaps he is enspelled in some way?"

Zelena pauses a moment, "I suppose what I am getting at, Milady, while you desire the return of your brother, should it come to it, he may have to perish in a conflict. Have you considered this?"

[sblock=Zelena's Status]Gnome Cleric 1/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: Bless, Invisible
AC: 21 (13 touch; 19 flat-footed)
HP: 26 of 26
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +7
In Hand: none
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Stablize; (1st level) Bless, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: 4 of 4 slots remaining (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Imelda Moretti

Lady Moretti responds to Yoshiki, Kanli, and Zelena in turn.

"Indeed, the mausoleum is on Moretti lands, Ser. As for family, there is none other than myself and my aging mother whose mind has slipped back to those days of her youth; most days she does not recognize that she even has children." She smiles wanly. "My permission is all that is available. Of course, it would be preferable if the structure remain undamaged, but there is no telling whether my brother Efrem has already damaged it. Do what you must; the important thing is that my brother be brought out and these abominations put back to the mud so that they do not threaten innocents."

She looks at Kanli and his formidable, intimidating armor and strange mannerisms and very briefly seems uncertain before she welcomes him with a smile.

"Your assistance is, of course, most welcome. I am very pleased that my face has been restored."

Lady Moretti seems troubled by Zelena's suggestions but not surprised.

"Those are both possibilities, I suppose. However, I have no evidence that there is another party involved. I would, of course, prefer that my brother be brought out alive and restored if possible but I know that these things are not always so easily done. If there is no other way or if my brother perishes in some accident of battle I will not lay blame at your feet. If I had acted on my brothers behalf sooner we may not be at this present place at all.

Now, I have told you my situation and what I hope to do about it. And I know of Mistress Adu's skill at healing. What skills have you that would lend themselves to solving my problem and warrant my hiring you?"

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 2)

Yoshiki doesn't seem bothered at all by Lady Moretti's questioning of his abilities. It has become commonplace by those with sword and magic to look down upon him and his lack of weaponry or spells. But that is exactly why he can be so useful, they never see it coming.

"What skills do I have? Well Lady Moretti, I am quick on my feet and quicker yet with my hands. I am skilled in the martial arts ma'am. I can kill or subdue with my bare hands better than most can with those big clunky weapons. If you want your brother taken alive, I know just where to hit him to knock him unconscious. My agility can sneak through his army of raised relatives to get to the source and try to minimize the damage. But if I need to, I can handle my own in a fight." He lowers his crossed leg and brings the other one over, showing his other sandal as he straightens his loose robe.

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena nods to the Lady Moretti and smiles as she listens to the young man and comments, "A martial artist, most excellent! Good to know if we can get you to him, that you will be able to subdue." She pauses and then asks, "If you do not mind though, "What shall we call you? You have yet to give a name."

Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Stablize; (1st level) Bless, Protection from Evil, Longstrider(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: 4 of 4 slots remaining (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining [/sblock]

deisenhut

First Post

Yoshiki turns towards Zelena suddenly as if in surprise, then a smile forms across his face. "Did I not? I thought... No, I guess not." He turns back towards Lady Moretti, "My apologies. I am Yoshiki Akita at your service." He stands and bows slightly before returning to his seat. "But you can simply call me Yo."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Imelda Moretti

Lady Moretti nods her acceptance. "Excellent, Master Akita! Then it sounds as if your skills are uniquely suited to this task.

Now, shall we discuss payment?"

deisenhut

First Post

Yoshiki seems to glance to the others before replying sheepishly, "Yes, payment, of course. As we will be risking our very lives for the sake of your brother, it is only appropriate that we are compensated accordingly. How much would you be considering paying us for attempting to capture your brother, killing him if necessary?" He obviously seems uncomfortable in discussing money. He glances towards the other two for help.

OOC: Hopefully we get someone else to join. Don't really want to be front line fighter here as a monk, level 2 still at that.

CootaR

First Post
Heeerrrree''ss Krag

The Door opens and a large half-orc walks in. He wears a new set of Breast Plate armor and has a sword and bow strapped to his back. His smile is simple, and his eyes full of wonder. He speech is broken and somewhat basic yet his heart glows with an intensity and you cannot help but like the guy (if you are good).

Krag is here! Krag Am heres to help. Wow.

Krag looks to the smaller character. You ams SHRUNK!

Krag has not seen such a little lady. Sorry I am Krag.

He pounds his chest and nods to the lady. Me run fast to get here.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Lady Moretti seems surprised by the sudden arrival of Krag but recovers quickly.

"Ah, welcome, Master Krag! Your skill with weapons is just what we need."

She motions to the others in the room with a graceful sweep of one long-fingered hand.

"We were just discussing the work I need to have done: in short, my brother has begun delving into the necromantic arts. For the protection of my family and others in the area he must be stopped. I prefer he be captured and, I hope, healed of whatever madness has led him down this path. Barring that, if there is no other way..." She pauses, obviously bothered by the thought of a more terminal solution. "...if there is no other way, you must take whatever action necessary.

Payment: I recognize this is a dangerous job and requires a certain level of inducement. I am prepared to offer the sum of 500 gold. Additionally, I have in my possession a few scrolls that may aid you against my brother's minions and a pair of minor healing potions. Does that sound satisfactory?"

[sblock=OOC]Welcome, CootaR! Glad you could make it. :)[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena looks up at the towering half-orc, "Ah, yes... Krag. Got it." The gnome smiles, "A pleasure, I am Zelena Adu. As to my stature..." she pauses to considering how Krag has presented himself she continues, "My size that is, is rather common to my race. I am a gnome of course." She motions to a chair for the half-orc.

She turns her attention to Lady Moretti, "Your terms are satisfactory to me, Milady. I would like to add, if I may? Any items or coin discovered dealing with this matter, that are not the property of your family, may be dispensed at our discretion." She looks to see if that is alright with the noble as she sips at the last of her iced tea.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads