Trek [LPF] Into the Wilds Part 1

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
A Beginning Pathfinder Adventure designed for 6 characters of Levels 1-3

A keep on the frontier of civilization is beset on all sides by roving bands of chaos. Will heroes step forth to battle the creatures of darkness and be a bastion of hope for the people, or will the Wilds reclaim the foothold that man has established?
DM: Deuce Traveler
Judge: Aura (I think)

Start Date: 18 Nov 2015
End Date: ?
Total Days: ?

Starting Characters and Status as of 17 Nov 2015:

- Snorri Ironaxe (paladin 1 (stonelord), [MENTION=6796086]Radaceus[/MENTION]), 0 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Snorri_Ironaxe_(Radaceus)
- Regar Lilothian (wizard 1 (conjurer), [MENTION=6792106]Sezarious[/MENTION]), 0 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Regar_Lilothian_(Sezarious)
- Brog Strongheart (ranger 1 (infiltrator), [MENTION=6667193]sunshadow21[/MENTION]
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Brog_Strongheart_(sunshadow21)
- Caius Aurelius (paladin 1, [MENTION=6794573]MerryMortician[/MENTION]), 0 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Caius_Aurelius_(MerryMortician)
- Maenor Thangur (magus 1 (kensai), [MENTION=6795047]ealt[/MENTION]), 0 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maenor_Thandgur_(ealt)
- Kepli Stormborn (shaman 2, [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION]), at 2572 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Kepli_Stormborn_(GlassEye)


DM Notes:

1. Use the ENWorld roller first. If it fails, use linked rolls from any other website such as Invisible Castle as a secondary.

2. I'm borrowing the following from Aura: "We're doing group initiative using average initiative value, which means that once your team has the initiative, actions can be resolved in whatever order people post. Those on the losing team (initiative-wise) side, with above team average initiative scores, might be awarded (a pre-initiative action if their individual value beats the entire winning team."

3. Players should check for updates from me each day from Monday through Friday. If I have to move the game forward, I will do so by rolling for a character when we have been waiting too long for a player response. It’s usually hard for me to update during the weekends.

4. If you have any issues with the game, feel free to private message me if you want to talk about it offline.

Encounter XP Earned
[sblock]
1st Encounter: N/A
[/sblock]
Encounter Treasure Earned
[sblock]
1st Encounter: N/A
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

sunshadow21

Villager
Brog enters the room, finds a seat near the farmer, and eagerly awaits details of what he is sure will be a grand epic that will be retold for the all the ages to come.

[sblock=ministats]Brog Strongheart
Brog "The Giant Slayer" Strongheart
AC: 15 (Touch 11, Flatfooted 14)
*+4 vs Giants
HP: 14/14 Initiative: +1
Perception : +7 Sense Motive: +8
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
*+4 vs bull-rush, trip when on ground
Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +4
*+2 vs poison, spells, spell-like abilities
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place:[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The farmer sits down and chuckles, "I'll be honest with ye. I've just about given up any hope about recovering my farm, but seeing you tough folk makes me think that maybe you can slow down what's coming. Maybe even stop it. Now I can't offer you any reward for coming to help, but I've got a large horse drawn cart parked out back and I figure I can give you transportation to fortress town of Wildsgate. There you can meet up with Captain Argun, who is willing to pay a good price for any set of goblin necklaces turned in or hostage rescued. How about we take a day for you to prepare, and we head out tomorrow morning."

OOC: Go ahead and ask any questions you may have and purchase any equipment you might need. I'll start the adventure by 1600 EST Thursday.
 

Radaceus

Villager
Snorri Ironaxe

[section]
Snorri, in the process of dwarven introductions with Brog, "so I be an Ironaxe, Snorri, an once ran our mines..." at this point the old farmer invited them to parlay, keen to assist, he followed them into the room.[/section]


[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
[SIZE=+1]Snorri Ironaxe [/SIZE]Stonelord (paladin) 1st level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 18 (touch 11; flat-footed 17) HP: 12/ 12
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +4 Ref: +1 Will: +3

In Hand:
Conditions: None yet
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

ealt

Villager
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

Maenor swaggers into the back room and plops down in the booth. He puts his feet up and stretches out, stifling a yawn behind a bejeweled hand. Guess I drank more of that foul wine than I thought. His grey eyes lazily study the assembled group as they slowly filter in, quietly gauging the strengths and weaknesses of the assembled adventurers.
[/section]

[sblock=Maenor Thandgur Mini-Stats]Maenor Thandgur
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0
CMD: 14

Fort: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +3

Knowledge (Arcana): +7
Knowledge (History): +8
Perception: +2
Spellcraft: +7
Use Magic Device: +4

Arcane Pool: 4/4

Concentration: +6

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Kepli and Scuttle


The young woman who had introduced herself to the inn at large as Kepli Stormborn caught the door after the warrior of noble bearing. She pushed the door open using her elbow and followed him into the room where there were already a pair of dwarves gathered. She stopped and looked about a little uncertainly. Her bird took that moment to make its bid for freedom, caught her off guard and wrestled itself free of her grasp to fly over and perch on the edge of the table.

"I may not be much for fighting but I know some healing. And Scuttle, there, is a passable scout. I would like to travel with you."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Cure Light Wounds
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue
Special:
Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used:
Alchemist's Fire 2/2
sling (9/10 bullets)


[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Conditions: None yet
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]
 

MerryMortician

Villager
Caius Aurelius, Soldier of Amenthia

Caius strides into the private meeting room mere seconds behind Kepli. He looks over his shoulder into the common room with hopes that the boy wizard will be joining soon. Then he moves to an unoccupied seat and leans forward with his arms crossed over the edge of the table.

"Good evening to you all. I am Caius Aurelius, former soldier, servant of Amenthia. I am pleased to see so many capable persons gathered so quickly." Turning first to the refugee and then to everyone assembled in turn, he asks, "What is your name, Sir? If you're to escort us to Wildsgate, it seems we ought to have been introduced. And all of you, too. What are your names and why are you answering the call to arms?"

[sblock=Caius's Mini Stats]Caius Aurelius
HP: 11/11
AC: 16 FF: 15 T: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
Perception: +7 S. Motive: +4
Initiative: +1
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Scythe
Daylight (Sp): 1/1 remaining
Smite: 1/1 remaining
Consumables: ---
[/sblock]
 

Sezarious

Villager
Once again, in an attempt to 'Look cool', the often highly awkward Regar puffs out his chest and strides forth into the room [sblock=Charisma][roll0][/sblock] before his hat topples off his head. He quickly picks it up beforre taking a seat. Before the man has time to finish, he begins to panic. "Tomorrow morning!?! I'd better go and prepare now! There are supplies I need and there was a scroll.... I have to go to the markets! Then there was that other thing, what with the screw on lid that-" By this time, Regar had already stepped out.
 
Last edited:

Sezarious

Villager
A second time, Regar walked into the room. "Ok, I have what I need. Now if you excuse me...".. With that, he sits back in the corner and begins to meditate. [sblock=OOC]Regar is going to memorise the same spells by morning as normal, except for swapping out dancing lights for read magic.[/sblock]
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The farmer is still getting his bearings after Regar’s initial attempt to look cool. ”Man, that’s one cool cat. Anyway, Farmer is my name. Philip Farmer, nice to meet you. Friends call me Joseph, though. I should have been a writer instead of a farmer, like I felt was my calling, but dad insisted, may he rest in peace. Well, one more drink and then I’ll go find a place to stay. See ya all tomorrow, out front of this place, at first light.” With that promise he cranks his head back and swallows his last drink all down in one gulp, leaves a tip, and heads out.

He is back hours later, after he gets some rest and you get some preparation completed. He has a large open wagon pulled by two strong horses that he uses to transport you all. You soon find that Joseph is a jack of all trades. He’s adequate to good at a number of skills, such as foraging for food and setting up camp while you travel, but he’s not great at any skill set, which leads to him taking a longer amount of time.

It is weeks before you enter the lands around Wildsgate and see the tall fortress in the distance. You cross along several abandoned farms, with Joseph becoming more animated as you travel. ”That there was Jebediah’s farm. Man was a bit too pious for me, but it was still a sad day when he and his family all packed it in and decided to leave for a better environment.”

And later, in front of a burned cottage and overgrown plot. ”That there was ol’ Jim’s farm. He was an old bachelor, but still strong as an ox and about as smart. When the goblins raided he decided to try and fight them off. Walloped one good with a thrown rock, but they launched some javelins from their mounts and that was the end of ‘ol Jim. Tilley and I was the ones that buried him.”

Still later, ”Speaking of Tilley, here’s his farm. Man was stubborn and decided to stick it out with his wife and kids. Ah, I see him out in the field right now… and what in the…” You look out along the farmland and see in the middle of the plot a man driving an ox before him. He is screaming out at something in the sky above him, and from where you are you can see a handful of giant bats with humanoid riders descending upon him from up above.

”Heeya!” Suddenly your cart you are on shakes and Joseph starts galloping his horses quickly towards Tilley. You hold on to the edges of the cart in order to not get thrown off and look around to see what is happening. It looks like Joseph has suddenly had a potential case of the braveries, which might prove fatal to him if this doesn’t turn out right. Within the next combat round you are going to find yourself in the middle of a fight with three goblin warriors and their dire bat mounts.

OOC: I was done with this update sooner than I expected. I will still be fine with last minute purchases and changes to the character sheets completed by 1600 EST. You will be in combat against flying, javelin-wielding goblins.
 

Sezarious

Villager
[sblock=OOC] If you think he would have had the time, Regar will have tried to learn summon minor monster. Cast read magic to automatically pass deciphering, followed by an hour required to learn it with a spell-craft, DC 21. He won't be able to use his new spell until the next day. Here we go for spell craft. Regar has +9, but gets a +2 to this check because it's a spell from his school. Need to roll a 10+. [roll0][/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter

Kepli has enjoyed the travel and getting to know her companions with perhaps the exception of a certain fellow who has less common sense and manners than some orcs she's met (and been forced to kill). She keeps those feelings to herself; after all, Scuttle is a less than likeable creature always cadging food or attempting to, and being annoyingly loud when the seagull doesn't get what he wants. So far everyone has been fairly tolerant of the bird.

However, once they reach the lands of Wildsgate Kepli stands up to see the sites as Farmer points them out. She tumbles backwards at the wagon's sudden and unexpected change of speed and grabs desperately for the siderail of the vehicle to stop herself from falling to the bed and underfoot of all her companions. She has little chance to do much more than hold on.

Scuttle, however, takes to the skies with a scream of pure seagull anger that some other creature would invade his skies.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Kepli[/size] Aasimar Shaman 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: +11 (+13 w/ Alertness); Darkvision 60 ft.

AC: 13 (11 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +2 CMD: 13 Fort: +1 Ref: +1 Will: +6

In Hand: shortspear
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Sleep, Cure Light Wounds
  • Orisons: Daze, Detect Magic, Guidance, Virtue
Special:
Concentration +7
Spirit Magic: Charm Animal 1/1
Stormburst: 6/6 (target treats foes as if they have concealment, 20% miss, for 1 round)
Fury Hex: 1/target (+2 morale to attack, +2 resistance to save vs fear; 3 rounds)
--Used:
Alchemist's Fire 2/2
sling (9/10 bullets)


[size=+1]Scuttle[/size] Seagull Spirit Animal
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10

AC: 15 (14 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +1 CMD: 7 Fort: +1 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Beak: Nothing
Conditions: None yet
Special:
Speed: 10 ft; fly 40 ft
Melee: Bite +5 (1d3-4); 0 ft reach
Improved Evasion

[/sblock]
 

sunshadow21

Villager
Brog's companion's quickly learn two things about him. First, for all of his talk of giants, he is a good, even if a bit green, ranger and serves as a competent scout on the road. Second, when he gets drunk, it's best to find him a distraction else he will start to think himself a bard in addition to a ranger, and that's just not good for anyone; it becomes clear that his focus on giants may have been trained into him in order to provide such a distraction and to limit how often he got drunk, as Brog tends to be a bad bard even for what one typically expects from a drunken dwarf. Still, under all the bluster and noise he puts out, he is a likeable enough fellow who remains mostly level headed in his actual actions, and definitely shows traces of nobility in how he does things.

As the wagon turns sharply into battle, Brog immediately pulls out his bow while screaming at the top of his lungs in dwarven, "Cowards. I would kill you with honor, but you choose to die a fool's death and your spirits will never find rest."
 
Last edited:

MerryMortician

Villager
Caius Aurelius, Soldier of Amenthia

Caius was sharpening his scythe's blade, a daily ritual he engages to pass time on the road, when Joseph suddenly urged his horses to a gallop and took the wagon off-road. The axles creak and shudder while passing over the uneven earth of Tilley's fields. Caius is taken off guard by the violent motion and plops off his seat on the bench, falling to a knee with a thunk and sending an uncomfortable jolt up through the knee he lands on.

Looking to the skies, Caius sees the airborne goblins and instantly wishes he still had the old crossbow from his time at Tritower. Hells, even a shortbow would be good right about now. Over the rumble of the wagon's mad dash through Tilley's tilled fields, the war cries of the greenskins overhead, and Brog the dwarf's venomous threats, the former career soldier shouts orders to his companions.

"Who among you have ranged weapons? Right-o, you on the left fire as soon as we pull into range! You on the right fire while the left reloads! Aim to wing the flying rats and Maenor and I'll take care of the gobbos on the ground!"

[sblock=OOC]I always try to have at least two different damage types for melee and one for ranged (unless it's not appropriate to the character) but I didn't have the gold for it this time. Instant regret. Once we get into initiative, I'll just have to ready actions every round.

DT, do you allow called shots? If so, what will be the penalty to hit? I feel like there might be an optional rule somewhere to take a -4 when aiming for specific limbs or something like that. But I don't feel like looking for it just now.

EDIT: Has any PC used "gobbo" as a racial slur yet on LPF?[/sblock]

[sblock=Caius's Mini Stats]Caius Aurelius
HP: 11/11
AC: 16 FF: 15 T: 11
CMB: +4 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
Resistances: Acid (5), Cold (5), Electricity (5)
Perception: +7 S. Motive: +4
Initiative: +1
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Scythe
Daylight (Sp): 1/1 remaining
Smite: 1/1 remaining
Consumables: ---
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Sezarious

Villager
Seeing the commotion from above, Regar pulls back his sleeves and strikes the most badass pose he can yet [sblock=OOC]Looking Badass [roll0][/sblock]
It goes well initially. First he stood up, which was his first mistake, then he yelled out in fluent goblin [sblock=In Goblin]"HEY! Hey GOBBO'S! Hey ONION PEELERS! You're all STUPID and UGLY" Someone HAS now MerryMortician![/sblock] He then proceeded to step forward in preparation to cast a spell before the cart clattered over a bump. "Uh oh"... He fell backwards, taking a tumble, landing with his body hanging over the back of the cart, his robes hanging down in front of him exposing a bright pink set of underwear. "Ahhhhh!" At this point, he proceeded to scream like a little girl. [sblock=OOC]Please, no-one worry about helping him unless you REAAALLY want to. I don't want to cause problems mechanically, so I will keep this stuff to a minimum. Also if you're wondering, he MAY or MAY NOT be a tad crazy. Either that, or he's just a bit... Pathetic. I haven't decided yet. :)[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top