Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Memories of the Past

BlueLotus

Explorer
luRSYul.jpg

Levanna looks up, shuts the tome, and cradles it in her arm as Ioso mentions the candle. She walks over and takes it from his outstretched palm. "Indeed," she says as she holds it up with her free hand and considers it from several angles.

Levanna glances at the other occupants of the room seemingly for the first time. She briefly weighs them with a considering eye, but keeps her thoughts to herself and her face guarded. "Although I have never used such a candle before. Are there any rituals involved, or will simply lighting it suffice?" she asks.

Levanna folds the wrapping back around the candle and tucks it somewhere beneath her cloak. Her smile returns and she declares "I can never resist a good mystery. I would be happy to help." before holding the tome up for Ioso to see and interjecting. "Does your order loan out volumes such as this one?"

[sblock=Roll]Knowledge (arcana) on the candle: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7
to see if she knows anything further about this candle beyond what he says. I messed up the modifier. It's supposed to be +8 (see character sheet) for a total of 10.[/sblock]

[sblock=Levanna Mini Stats]Levanna
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 07/07
CMB: -1 CMD: 11

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: varies +3 to +8 Sense Motive: varies +2 to +4
Initiative: +6

Cantrips prepared: Prestidigitation, Light, Acid Splash
Level 1 spells prepared: Mage Armor, Color Spray

Current Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ioso Springheel

Ioso nodded when Zinnelis spoke up. "Good. You'll guide and guard, then." When he continued he addressed all of you but answered the questions Zinnelis and Levanna asked. "I don't know what sort of spirit; the villagers of Kingsholm haven't read 'Thano's Classification of the Spirit-World', not that that work would be terribly relevant in the real world anyway." He looks like he could easily be diverted into a discussion but forces himself to continue.

"They couldn't say much more than the spirit was restless. It doesn't seem to be bent on vengeance or other violent exploits but it is unnerving to the locals. Despite this, they feel it is walking for a reason. They want to find out why and have someone fix it before some greater doom falls on their town.

I haven't used a candle like this one before. Lighting it should be enough to activate its magic and draw the spirit's attention. It should also ground it to the material world; enough that you can communicate with it and perhaps enough that you can harm it. The villagers won't thank you if it comes to that. If it proves to be violent I don't expect you to fight it. Snuffing the candle should sever its link to the material and prevent it from harming you. The real task will be dealing with the information you discover."

Ioso motions towards the book that Levanna has indicated. "We don't generally lend books. We have no problem with allowing scholars to use the works here, but... Take it. You never know what might prove useful.

As for payment for your services, Kingsholm has agreed to contribute, the Order will fund the rest. Unfortunately for you, payable after. Now, any other questions?"

[sblock=Levanna]Unfortunately, that roll isn't quite enough for Levanna to get any more info about the candle than Ioso tells her. The book, however, will function as a masterwork tool for Knowledge (religion), providing a +2 bonus for checks concerning Venza's mythic history.[/sblock][sblock=Autumn]The Temple of Sapo: primary services to Sapo are held in the Great Cathedral but there are a number of library/chapels in every district. There are several orders involved in Sapo's temple: the Order of Poor Scholars is a mendicant order but also advocates active use of their scholarly works. Sapo himself is the god of knowledge but he appears older than his mother and has a strong druidical vibe. Not really enough for that roll but it's all I have to offer.[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger
Library of Society/Study Room

Zinnelis considered the priest’s assurances. He had no expertise in undead, so would have to take the man’s word for it. He looked over the rest of his companions. “Do you wish to set out now, or take the rest of the day for travel preparations and set out at first light?” he asked them. “Do you wish to travel on foot or horseback?”

[sblock=Riding]

I’m assuming riding would have the time the trip takes. I’m a po’ 1st level adventurer, so I can’t afford to buy a horse, though I can buy a donkey. What would it cost to rent a horse for the trip? That is, if we take horses.
[/sblock]

2qm1yle.jpg

[sblock=Zinnelis Laerdiril Mini Stats]Zinnelis Laerdiril

HP: 11/11 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 13 T: 12

Initiative: +5

CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Sense Motive: +2 (Favored Enemy +4)
Stealth: +7
Track: +8 (Favored Enemy +10)

Longbow::+4, 1d8, Crit: 20/x3, P, 100 feet
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 feet
Favored Enemy: +2/+2
Arrows Available: 60/60
Longsword: +3, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, S, P
Thrown: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, S, P, 10 feet

Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts +2

Spells Prepared
None

Armed: None
Conditions: None

Game Notes:
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

Being surrounded by all of the imagery of Sapo, Autumn cannot but help feel some sort of connection to his fiery essence. It all feels very familiar, uncannily reminding of her own personal connection to the source of her own powers, the Harran forrest. The druid is filled with wonder, and vows to herself to return someday. But drawn out by the ranger's voice, she slips out of her own thoughts, back to the present moment.

The thinks back to what her mother always said. There is no control the past, and certainly none over the future. There is always the present. "Maybe we should leave right away?"

She turns and speaks to the halfling. "Ioso, that sounds like a f-fine agreement. Count me in. Do you think we can borrow that book on Thano's Classification anyway, in case we have some downtime during our travels?"

[/section]

[sblock=Rolls]Predict weather: 16
Knowledge Religion: 19
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I should have been more specific about the religion roll. It was meant to check for any specific insight about the risen spirit. And the weather too.

What time of day is it now?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 23/23 NL: 0
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
K. Local: +2
K. Nature: +7 (+9 travel in wild, avoid hazards, predict weather)
K. Religion: +2
Perception: +15
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Entangle, Jump, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed: Bow
Conditions:

Game Notes:
[/sblock]

BlueLotus

Explorer
luRSYul.jpg

Levanna bows her head appreciatively. "I will take good care of it," she says, holding the book protectively in both arms. She notices the empty chair, then glances at the standing ranger.

"I uh... *ahem* I do not own a horse myself. Perhaps we could take a coach at least part of the way? My understanding is the going rate is three coppers a mile," she coughs, settling down into the chair. "But yes. I am otherwise prepared to leave."

[sblock=OOC]Levanna can be oblivious to the mundane. And she's lazy.[/sblock]

Items depleted: None[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon straightens up from his previous leaning position and takes a step towards the door. He half-turns to face the others, "We have our mission, we'd best get started." His voice is surprisingly pleasing with a slight trilling accent that indicates Venzan is not his native tongue. He turns back to the door and proceeds into the hallway.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 17 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight,Dodge

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ioso Springheel

Ioso sat back and listened until Autumn asked about 'Thano's Classification'. He nodded and rummaged amongst the books on the table until he found the one he wanted and drew it from the pile. He slid it over to Autumn. "This book may prove more useful than the other. Sapo grant you understanding."

[sblock=OOC]Let me know how you plan to proceed. If you need more info, ask and I'll try to answer.

Time of day: mid-morning.

It’s 72 miles to Kingsholm. That’s a four day walk, two for a horse that isn’t encumbered. A carriage would take 2-2.5 days and cost 2.16 gp per passenger for the trip to Kingsholm. Horses can be rented at the Grand Stable. I’m assuming a similar cost of 3 cp per mile.

Weather: it has been cooler but the next day should be warm and breezy like an early spring day (according to Autumn).

Like the other book, Thano’s Classification is a MW tool, but for identifying incorporeal undead.

Unfortunately, 'wandering spirit' isn’t quite enough information to make an informed identification without more first-hand experience of it.[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger
Library of Society/Study Room

As the consensus seemed to be for an immediate departure, Zinnelis straightened and picked up his pack and bow. “Then we shall leave immediately,” he said. They could forgo the horses, though he eyed the wizard a bit warily when she suggested a carriage. Zinn couldn’t remember the last time he’d been in a carriage. “There is still much daylight remaining, so we should make good progress. Let us meet at the north gate in an hour. I will procure a pack animal for whatever extra gear you wish, and rations, though I can hunt along the way, as well.”

He turned to follow Arradon out of the room to head for the livery and general store. He was at the north gate within the hour.

[sblock=Actions
Purchase donkey (8 gp), feed x8 days (4 sp), rations x10 days (5 gp) = 13.4 gp
If you wish to buy rations for yourself, or split the cost with me, that’s fine. The donkey can carry them (currently Medium Encumbered)
[/sblock]

2qm1yle.jpg

[sblock=Zinnelis Laerdiril Mini Stats]Zinnelis Laerdiril

HP: 11/11 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 13 T: 12

CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Sense Motive: +2 (Favored Enemy +4)
Stealth: +7
Track: +8 (Favored Enemy +10)

Longbow::+4, 1d8, Crit: 20/x3, P, 100 feet
Arrows Available: 60/60
Longsword: +3, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, S, P
Thrown: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, S, P, 10 feet

Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts +2

Spells Prepared
None

Armed: None
Conditions: None

Game Notes:

Donkey: Feed x8 (80 lb) + Rations x10 (10 lb) = 90 lb, Medium Encumbered=20 ft
[/sblock]

BlueLotus

Explorer
luRSYul.jpg

"No time like the present, then. I will see about renting a horse for myself," Levanna says, standing and nodding a farewell. "Until next we meet, Ioso."

Still cradling the book in her arms, Levanna left to follow her new companions with her slippers clicking softly on the floor.

[sblock=OOC]Levanna will rent a horse for the trip and meet the others at the appointed hour.

Tangentially related to the game, could someone PM me a link to instructions on how to properly wrap text around an image? When I try the image just appears inline with the text.[/sblock]