• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] One Night in Palazzo Dannato

gryphon_gold

First Post
"This 'Palazzo Dannato' sound familiar..." Coreuth takes a moment to think about the name Palazzo Dannato, trying to figure out where she knows that name from. The rumors of the place soon come rushing to the fore from the back of her head, and Coreuth raises a suspicious brow, then cuts to the point. "Mister Jeffers, are you not at all knowledgable about this manor?"

[sblock=OOC]Trying to see if Jeffers is honest.[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Mercianden takes up his wine and sniffs at it before taking a small sip. "Well the price was so good and the..." he shakes his head. "No, no you have a right to know and probably some of you have heard the tales. Palazzo Dannato is supposedly cursed."

He then goes on to tell the group everything he has heard about the villa "after" buying it. OOC: Everyone may read all the knowledge blocks on the pervious page.

"I have spoken to the groundskeeper. A loon if ever I knew one, but he does his job well and I can't fault him anything." Mercianden takes another sip of wine. "I had thought to pay a member of the clergy here in Venza to remove this curse, but the expense. And then what if there isn't anything wrong and it is all superstition? I would look a fool. No better to find out what this is first and that is why I am here. I wish you to stay the night, only one night. According to the groundskeeper no one has stayed even one night in Palazzo Dannato since the strangeness has started."

maquise

First Post
"I'll stay the night." Mandalo wonders if there is evil at work, but decides it would be best if he helped handle it than risk it go unchecked. It is, after all, only one night.

zGio

First Post
A Cursed Manor...

"We enjoy a large collection of mystery novels in our library, and solving the mysteries before i finish such a book is quite a delightful experience. I'm interested in taking this job, sir"
More often than not, magic of some source ends up being the mystery behind cursed houses or mansions...
A cunning, yet gallant smile decorates Draugar's face.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"I am in, if the payment is sufficient." Raynucio says sheathing his falchion with a smooth motion and moving forward to refill his wine glass. "Speaking of the payment, what is it?"

gryphon_gold

First Post
"Well, Mister Merc, I would be happy to spend the night at this haunted mansion for you, but as Prince Charming over here is saying," she looks at Raynucio, "it would be nice to know what payment you're offering."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well I don't really know how much something like this is worth. I deal in goods and goods have a value that is set by dealers around the country." Mercainden says to the inquiry on compensation.

He looks at the large group of six people, as if eying them up for this job. He seems to be assessing them each one by one and when he is done he nods to himself.

"I will offer you each two fine meals at my new home, though it is sparcely furnished at the moment." He adds with a grin but continues, "Dinner tomorrow evening and breakfast the next day when you have proved these rumors false."

Before anyone can object or say anything he adds, "And I will pay each of you the sum of five hundred crowns gold." he pauses to let it sink in a moment, and when no one says anything he asks, "I'm sorry is that to low?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Why don't you start with what you think is fair," Holphin helpfully replies. "If you're more comfortable with a higher value, then that would be the better place to start."

[sblock=ooc]Taking 10 on Diplomacy for a 13.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"In your experience is it customary for a man to say a figure is too low when it is being offered to him merchant? It is a princely sum if there is no truth to the curse, and a paltry one if not. See how we have faired on the morrow and let your conscience dictate our bonus." Raynucio says draining his wine glass and moving away from the wall.

"Now if the details are settled let us get on with this. I am not inclined to dally further."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Details?" the merchant says questioningly. "Yes there is still lots to do and I need to have rooms prepared. So maybe over dinner we can finish the talk about a bonus on top of what I have offered."

"Any other questions?"

[sblock=OOC] Will wait for everyone else to post up and then we can head off to the cursed mansion. :lol:[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads