[LPF] Roaming Dead

DalkonCledwin

Villager
DM: DalkonCledwin
Judge: PerrinMiller

Start Date: 12/07/2011
End Date: 1/23/2012

Players:
Arianna
Encounter XP: 903 / Encounter GP: 320
Level 2 - 1/22/2012 (1680 Starting XP + 903 encounter XP + 528 Time XP = 3111 Final XP)
528 Time GP
Total XP = 3111 ; total gp = 1696.33

Fulgrim Ironforge

Encounter XP: 903 / Encounter GP: 320
Level 3 - 1/22/2012 (3434 Starting XP + 903 encounter XP + 720 Time XP = 5057 Final XP)
816 Time GP
Total XP = 5057 ; Total GP = 1984.33

Nimientioquijuil
Encouter XP: 903 / Encounter GP: 320
Level 2 - 1/22/2012 (1455 Starting XP + 903 Encounter XP + 528 Time XP = 2886 Final XP)
528 Time GP
Total XP = 2886 ; Total GP = 1696.33

Eanos Setirav
Encounter XP: 903 / Encounter GP: 320
Level 3 - 1/22/2012 (3300 Starting XP + 903 Encounter XP + 720 Time XP = 4923 Final XP)
816 Time GP
Total XP = 4923 ; Total GP = 1984.33

Maui
Encounter XP: 903 / Encounter GP: 320
Level 1 - 1/22/2012 (0 Starting XP + 903 Encounter XP + 336 Time XP = 1239 Final XP)
288 Time GP
Total XP = 1239 ; Total GP = 1456.33

Davian Smilebeard
Encounter XP: 903 / Encounter GP: 320
Level 1 - 1/22/2012 (0 Starting XP + 903 Encounter XP + 336 Time XP = 1239 Final XP)
288 Time GP
Total XP = 1239 ; Total GP = 1456.33
[sblock=Treasure Rewards]M.W. Breastplate (350 gp)
M.W. Chainshirt (250 gp)
7x Potions of Cure Light Wounds (50 gp ea.)
6 Flasks of Holy Water (25 gp ea.)
Agile Half-Plate Armor (850 gp)
Masterwork Longspear (305 gp)
Scroll of Align Weapon (150 gp)
and a Flask of Holy Water (25 gp)
Cloak of Resistance +1 (1000 gp)
Bracer's of Armor +1 (1000 gp)
Greatsword (50 gp)
1 sq. yd. of Silk Fabric (10 gp)
2 Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (300 gp ea.)

Total Value of Treasure = 5090 / 6 = 848.33 gp each

Players can opt to spend some of their share of the treasure in order to buy one of the above items from the treasury instead of having it be sold off to fund this adventure.[/sblock]
[sblock=Adventure Rules]I am borrowing most of these from Sunshadow21, who I believe borrowed them in turn from Perrinmiller.

* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or the EnWorld on-line dice roller for the players. I will using my own methods for rolling in order to keep secret rolls properly secret.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post. I will be less strict about this rule surrounding the Christmas Holiday due to the fact that it is one of those times of the year when people travel a lot. But informing me of absences would still be preferred.

* There may be a short intermission during the course of the adventure during which time, if your character has enough Experience Points to level, they may do so. This will give them the opportunity to have a better chance at survival during the tougher stages of the adventure. Leveling prior to this short intermission will not be permitted.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post during a fight.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sample mini stat block]Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 9 Current: 9
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & javelin

Fire Bolt: 3/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 1/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 2/3; used Shield of Faith for CLW[/sblock]
[sblock=Encounter Information]4x Zombies = 800 XP / 6 = 133.33 ea.
Skill Challenge = Failed
9x Skeletons = 1215 XP / 6 = 202.5 ea.
3x Skeletons + 1x Unidentified Skeleton = 1005 XP / 6 = 167.5
1x Unidentified Zombie = 800 XP / 6 = 133.33 ea.
4x Unidentified Zombies = 1600 XP / 6 = 266.66 ea.

Total XP = 5420 / 6 = 903.33 XP ea[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

Villager
replying to Davian and Maui the guardsman says "No Sir, little Davian here is what we call a Halfling, that means he isn't a human, nor is he a child. He is a full grown member of his race. And he appears to be fully cognizant of how naive you happen to be. That said we have business to attend to here, so if you all are ready I suggest you get a move on. The Tombs that the undead are popping out of should be easy enough to find. Sealing them on the other hand might prove more troublesome."

GM: Due to jkason being unable to access the internet until the 9th, I will be having him stay in the background until he gets back. If combat breaks out between now and then I will NPC him along just to keep the flow of the adventure moving.
 

IronWolf

blank
Fulgrim looks at the others finishing the last of his drink and then looks at the others as he stands. "Sounds like its time ta get ta work." Fulgrim says, pushing his chair back to the table. "Whelp Ni, ye just might get to meet some of these undead yer curious about!"
 

Satin Knights

Villager
Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1/Cleric of Tanager 1)

"Well, if we are going out after them immediately, I need to change into my battle dress. This will only take a minute or two." After removing her holy symbol from around her neck and laying it on the table, she stands and draws her cloak over her shoulders, closing it. Lifting the hood over her head and then down over her face, she starts singing and swaying under the cloak while using her arms to billow it from within. The singing gets louder as the cloak rises a bit. The contents seem to be growing taller.

Abruptly, the singing stops. Blue clawed hands part the cloak back over the shoulders of a blue scaled lizardfolk looking demon. Pulling the hood back, the mermaid can just be made out inside the features of the body armor demon skin.

Picking up the backpack off the back of her chair, she slings it onto her back. Likewise with the speargun. Picking up the holy symbol of Tanager, she returns it to its place around her neck. Stepping over to her old table she retrieves her longspear from under it. Turning back, "I am ready now."

[sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +3, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 10
, Current AC: 14
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +3, Reflex +2, Will +6 . . Move 15'
MW Long Spear +1, d8 with 10' reach
MW DW Spear Gun +3, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none


Consumables: 39 spear gun bolts, 20 cold iron bolts, 4 days rations,
. . . . . . . . . . 3 potions of Cure Light Wounds,
. . . . . . . . . . 2 potions of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
. Orisons: unlimited Stabilize, Guidance, Purify Food/Drink
1st Level: 2/day, 0 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
1st Level: Memorized Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Longstrider(d)
Channel Positive Energy: 7/day, 0 used 1d6 healing

Beast (Teq Oola) ~ Perception +11, Sense Motive +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
Current HP: 17/11, Current AC: 15
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +3, Reflex +1, Will +6 . . Move 30'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
MW Longspear +5, d8+4 with 10' reach
MW Darkwood Spear Gun +3, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
Jolt +2, d3, RTA spell
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: claw/claw
[/sblock]
 

jbear

Villager
Maui listens to the guardsman carefully trying his best to understand.

"I know he is a Half Lean... "

Unwilling to seems ignorant he decides to fall silent. He broods waiting for the group to depart every now and again looking at Davian out of the corner of his eye.

When Arianna takes her second form he whistles in amazement and begins a slow clap.

"Maui has been trying to learn to take te Skin of the Beast for many years. I feel te Beast bubbling beneath but there it stays. Most axceptional!"
 

DalkonCledwin

Villager
GM: I am going to let you guys decide how you want to approach locating and sealing the tombs. I will tell you the results of what actions you take, but I want you to pretty much guide the attempts yourselves.
 

Qik

Villager
Ni finishes whatever number ale he was working on and bounds out of his seat excitedly, nodding his head in affirmation of Fulgrim. "Aye, looks to be so, seems so, might come true..."

Whatever continuation of that sentence is cut short as Ni witnesses Arianna's transformation. The gnome's eyes widen for a moment, his face one of intense preoccupation, and then he bursts into an uncannily huge grin. "A Levicol! A life-bonded! My my my my my my, merwoman, but aren't you a wondrous sort! And you're coming with us!" Overcome with excitement, the gnome rushes over to Arianna, leaps into the air, and seizes her in a huge embrace.

OOC: Sorry I'm a bit late to the party.

So basically, we're off to see one of these tombs now?
 

IronWolf

blank
OOC: Looks like we need to locate them first. Fulgrim would step up, but it seems uncharacteristic of Fulgrim to have a meaningful idea for locating them.
 

Satin Knights

Villager
Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1/Cleric of Tanager 1)

Yes, Ni, I am coming with you. I will do the fighting and the healing. The rage of Tanager's storms shall strike down these undead for good."

"So Guardsman, where are the tombs that the undead are coming from?"

"And what parts of the city are they wandering around in or towards?"

Looking to the other little one, "Don't worry Davian, we will get you some tools. The forest walker doesn't realize that little hands are much better at dealing with delicate traps. And there are many traps in cities and dungeon crypts. Why, in my last hunt, we had the same trap go off twice!"
 
Last edited:

Qik

Villager
OOC: What kind of malicious GM sets a trap that goes off twice!? ;)

Ni releases Arianna from his gnome-sized bear hug and smiles his huge smile at her. "I am glad to hear it, mersister. Now, if you will excuse me, I shall prepare my own companion."

Ni walks over to the bar and whispers in Grog's ear for a moment. Grumbling, the half-orc disappears momentarily, returning with a grimy table cloth. Approaching an empty table, Ni unfolds the cloth and covers the table completely, and then begins to pace around the covered table this way and that, mumbling to himself incoherently and occasionally poking the table. After about a minute he stops, grasps the table cloth firmly, and yanks it, shouting, "VOILA!"

In place of the table sits...well, it's hard to know what to call it. The creature seems to be a cross between an elephant and a feline, and is the size of a large dog. Ni's usually-impossibly-large smile increases to epic proportions. "Lumoi'es! Glad to see you could make it in your entirety this time." With that, the gnome hops onto the back of the creature and begins to make his way towards the door; meanwhile, Grog tries to decide how upset he should be over his transmuted table.

 

DalkonCledwin

Villager
"To tell you the truth the city watch has been unable to determine exactly which tombs the undead are swarming out of. So it is up to you all to determine which ones the undead are coming from. I hope you are up to the task." Konys explains to the others of the group.

GM: I guess I am going to have to tell you this much, the first part of the adventure is a skill challenge where you have to locate and then seal the tombs. I am not going to however tell you what skills you have to use to accomplish this goal.
 

IronWolf

blank
"Reckon we oughta' head out and talk to some people on de streets." Fulgrim says to the others. "Someone is bound ta 'ave seen some walkin' de streets."
 

Qik

Villager
"Aye!" agrees Nimi, way too cheerfully given that he's agreeing to search for living dead. "Let's start asking around..."

OOC: I'll give a diplomacy roll to gather information.
 

Satin Knights

Villager
Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1/Cleric of Tanager 1)

"Then out to the streets it is. I better put the hood back up so I am not the scariest thing walking. You know how simple folk are."

Arianna draws her cloak closed and hood up to hide her face, then heads out the door looking for trouble or panic.

[sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +3, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 10
, Current AC: 14
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +3, Reflex +2, Will +6 . . Move 15'
MW Long Spear +1, d8 with 10' reach
MW DW Spear Gun +3, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none


Consumables: 39 spear gun bolts, 20 cold iron bolts, 4 days rations,
. . . . . . . . . . 3 potions of Cure Light Wounds,
. . . . . . . . . . 2 potions of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
. Orisons: unlimited Stabilize, Guidance, Purify Food/Drink
1st Level: 2/day, 0 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
1st Level: Memorized Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Longstrider(d)
Channel Positive Energy: 7/day, 0 used 1d6 healing

Beast (Teq Oola) ~ Perception +11, Sense Motive +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
Current HP: 17/11, Current AC: 15
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +3, Reflex +1, Will +6 . . Move 30'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
MW Longspear +5, d8+4 with 10' reach
MW Darkwood Spear Gun +3, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
Jolt +2, d3, RTA spell
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: claw/claw[/sblock]
 

DalkonCledwin

Villager
GM: Congratulations


surprisingly enough, the little gnome is able to find some people who are able to tell the group of one of the tombs that the undead are surging forth from with relatively little difficulty. "Aye I saw 'em ugly 'nes coming from a 'omb on the south end of 'own" one of the townsfolk mentions to you all.
 

Qik

Villager
OOC: Not much that a +16 modifier won't solve!


Ni nods his head vigorously. "Many thanks to you, dear townswoman. Have a piece of chocolate." Dropping the small sweet into the hand of the perplexed woman, Ni begins to lead Lumoi'es in the direction indicated by her (making sure to let other, stouter, members of the group take the lead, of course).
 

DalkonCledwin

Villager
Unfortunately while Arianna is able to locate all manner of undead in the city, she is unable to pin point exactly where the undead are coming from.
 

Satin Knights

Villager
"Found them!" Arianna casts a spell and them moves forward to attack the first undead thing that is still walking.

[sblock=actions]Cast Mage Armor, single move towards the closest undead[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +3, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 10
, Current AC: 14
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +3, Reflex +2, Will +6 . . Move 15'
MW Long Spear +1, d8 with 10' reach
MW DW Spear Gun +3, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
Active Enhancements: -
In hand: none


Consumables: 39 spear gun bolts, 20 cold iron bolts, 4 days rations,
. . . . . . . . . . 3 potions of Cure Light Wounds,
. . . . . . . . . . 2 potions of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
. Orisons: unlimited Stabilize, Guidance, Purify Food/Drink
1st Level: 2/day, 1 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
1st Level: Memorized Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Longstrider(d)
Channel Positive Energy: 7/day, 0 used 1d6 healing

Beast (Teq Oola) ~ Perception +11, Sense Motive +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 17/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
Current HP: 17/11, Current AC: 19
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +3, Reflex +1, Will +6 . . Move 30'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
MW Longspear +5, d8+4 with 10' reach
MW Darkwood Spear Gun +3, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
Jolt +2, d3, RTA spell
Active Enhancements: Mage Armor (2 hours)
In hand: claw/claw [/sblock]
 

Qik

Villager
OOC: I'm a little confused. Since Ni was able to gather information as to the location of a tomb from which the undead are coming, shouldn't we all be heading there? Or have we encountered some along the way?
 

Satin Knights

Villager
[sblock=ooc]Arianna would take out the ones she encounters along the way instead of running past them and having to return for them later.[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top