Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Oh, will this help? Asks Fresconi, grabbing a piece of paper with a drawing on it, "its a map of their completed digging"

GM: this is a download test

Last edited:

Grayn

First Post
"The map will help indeed, Mr. Fesconi." Dame Morrogrim says, turning back to warehouse owner. She approaches the desk and stares deeply in his eyes, the gold flecks of her hazel eyes dancing in the light. "You purchased this property, if I am correct. You must know something of its history. Any information you could provide about the structure, subterranean or otherwise, would be immensely helpful."

[sblock=roll] Diplomacy = 1D20+12 => 25 Invisible Castle is down. :( [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

[sblock=Knowledge history ] You are guessing that this is a family owned property back to his grandfather. You do know from tales of dungeon delvers that cave systems can have fairly large caverns with nothing more then an access hole the size of a fist - big enough for a rat or bat.[/sblock]

"It was bought by my grandfather, who never even thought of digging a wine cellar, as neither did my father. No one has heard any thing, or told any thing."

Cyclopean

First Post
OOC: It sure is, but that just makes it even better :D

On the way, Morgrym can't help but to ask several questions about how a dwarf from Seithr Mountains, that usually love metals more than anything, became a druid. Some of the questions are:

" would you depart with your animal companion for a 1000 gold !? I know I would sell my grand mom for that price... If I had one that is "

" In an emergency, would you rather eat your hand or Topaz !? "

Tirgas readily answer's Morgrym's questions regarding his history. "I suppose I was always unusual for being far more interested in living things than anything made or mined. I suppose that's why the religion of Tal Hollow spoke to me so strongly. Did you know that in the Tal Hollow pantheon, even the gods of civilization take the form of animals?" Tirgas seems baffled by the other questions, however. "Well, I may part with Topaz some day, but for gold? What would I do with it? Where would I even keep it? And what sort of emergency would call for eating my own hand? You realize that if I were starving, the blood loss would just make things worse, to say nothing of the probably infection? Besides," he chuckles, "if there's truly no food to be had, don't you think it would be the big snake eating me?" His expression grows serious. "More importantly, Topaz is more than just a pet. She is a symbol of my bond with nature and my god, and one does not treat that lightly. And there's no one I'd rather have by my side in a fight."

"Äh Tirgas. You know... the story about the snake bashing... Just to make sure, I wasn't part of that...." Robert says hastly, as he somehow, god knows how, missed the snake up until now.

Tirgas glances at Robert. "I should hope not," he mutters. "Absolutely senseless. They killed a handful of vipers at the most, and even they would have been happy to keep to themselves. The rest would have been completely harmless, and kept the crops safe from rats and mice. Just stupid."

Tirgas says little to either of the men of the warehouse, although he accepts the wine graciously. He seems fascinated by the rat, but only lingers long enough to lift Topaz up to taste the scent of the rat. He follows the group to the lift, Topaz slithering alongside him.

Lindeloef

First Post
"Tirgas, I have seen your Snake,... Topaz take a 'sniff' at the rat. You know, with it's... her tongue. Can she help detecting the rats in darkness? Can you two communicate on a higher level? Being a shaman or druid." Robert says, stumbling over his words.

Cyclopean

First Post
"Aye, she can seek out the scent of the rat. She's hardly my snake, you know, but there is a connection between us. Not such that I can see through her eyes or smell what she smells, but we understand each other better than a dwarf and a serpent would typically be able to."

Tirgas crouches down and looks directly into his companion's eyes. "Topaz. Find rats?"
[sblock=roll?] Invisible Castle is down, and I don't know how to use the ENworld dice roller, but I get +9 to handle animal checks on my animal companion, and the DC is 10 . . . also, we're not on the lift yet, are we? I also have a feeling that we're not going to have any trouble finding rats :p [/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tirgas the Hermit
AC: 16* (15 flat-footed, 11* touch)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +2 CMD: 13†
Fort: +3‡ Reflex: +1‡ Will: +5‡
Perception: +8
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Prepared (Cantrips): Create Water, Know Direction, Read Magic
Spells Prepared (1st): Cure Light Wounds x2

* +4 Dodge AC vs. giants
† +4 vs. trip and bull rush
‡ +2 vs. spells, poison, and spell-like abilities

Topaz
AC: 16 (12 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 19/19
CMB: +3 (+7 to Grapple) CMD: 16 (Immune to Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Perception: +1 (Scent)
Initiative: +3

Tricks: Attack, Come, Down, Track

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

[sblock=Lindeloef, I am being nosy and curious] How far away are you from the Swalman, Netherlands? Are you a student of Rohr University?[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
[sblock="@Scott DeWar"]Yes I am a Student of the Ruhr University but currently writing my diploma thesis in Karlsruhe. So a bit further away then normal (~400km). Otherwise I would be ~100km away from it.

Why you ask?
[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim stares emotionless at Mr. Fresconi for slightly longer then comfortable, perhaps to see if he had anything else he wanted to say. "To answer your earlier question, yes, those were the terms of the contract."

She turns and walks towards the lift, not entirely pleased with Mr. Fresconi's limited information. She stops next to Markos, standing a little closer then one would expect (but not touching), looking up at the large man, she flashes him a smile while folding her hands in front of her.

"I, for one, am very pleased to have Topaz along with us; especially if he is hungry and has a large stomach."

Remove ads