Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

"It's like a fish," Charity mutters, looking it over as she takes a cautious step forward, cocking her glaive into a ready position, water dripping off her from her trudge through the pool. Speaking in an uncharacteristic tone, she demands, "OK, bud, what's your deal?"

[sblock=ooc]
Step forward one square to S,-4. Ready glaive to strike if skeleton does anything threatening. Further, put him in threatened square if he does anything that provokes AOO.

Religion roll to see if Charity can remember what sort of undead-like creature to expect if a skeleton shows some sort of sapience:
Round 4: Religion Roll about Skeleton: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14

If he does trigger my readied action or AOO:
Round 4: Potential readied attack on Skeleton: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18
1D10+3 = [3]+3 = 6

[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: Torch lit
Spells Remaining (1st): 0

Items not currently in possession: Chakram (on ground), Torch (on ground)
Items depleted: Healing kit: 2 uses
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
Robert puts away his short bow, and moves up closer, out of the water.
"So who are you talking to... Oh gods there is a skeleton... Did it do something yet, or is it decoration" Robert asks surprised, while drawing his club, just to be sure.

[sblock=action]
-put away short bow
-move to V -4
-Quick draw his Club
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 17/22
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Club (2h)

[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim peers down the cavern at the skeleton. She mutters a quick incantation and takes a moment to observe the results.

[sblock=Actions]Cast Detect Magic.

Morrogrim's Perception: 1d20+5=16
Olkoi's Perception: 1d20+9=19

Spellcraft to identify any auras: 1d20+9=15[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Ru frowns, returning his blades to their sheates at his waist, then reaching behind his shoulders to retrieve the pair of nunchaku he has there.

"Did someone see it move?" he asks. "Not a very good undead nasty if it got itself stuck in the wall like that," he offers.

[sblock=ooc]I went back and looked, and I don't think the skeleton has moved since Ru saw it. Apologies if I have that wrong. Just in case, though, he's using a move action to sheathe his Wakizashi, and one to draw the nunchaku.

Perception (1d20+5=12)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Ru_Portrait_zpsbc1b0cc0.jpg

Ru Brike
AC: 18 (Touch 14, Flatfooted 14)
HP: 12/20

Initiative: +4
Perception: +5 Sense Motive: +5
CMB: +1 CMD: 15 Fort: +8/+3 Reflex: +8 Will: +2
(conditional: +2 vs. divination effects)
Bold save above reflects bonus from antiplague

Wakizashi: +5, 1d6
Wakizashi (TWF): +3/+3, 1d6/1d6
Nunchaku: +5, 1d6
Shuriken: +5, 1d2
Conditional Attack mods: +1d6 Sneak Attack (when denied Dex), +1 Dirty Fighter (flank)

Conditions: Sunrod light source (belt)
Antiplague: +5 fort vs. disease for 1 hour

In Hand: Nunchaku x2

Ki Pool: 0/3
Shuriken: 9/10
Giant Wasp Poison: 0/1

USED: Antiplague
Giant Wasp Poison
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
The skeleton stands there, it's hand and foot gripped by stone, and watches you motionlessly. Charity and Dame Morrogrim finally come to the conclusion after a bit of study that this is the type of skeleton that doesn't walk around and commit mindless destruction. This is just a pile of bones caught in the wall.

Dame Morrogrim's arcane sight allows her to see that many of the things this poor soul was carrying were magical. Three magical sticks and a scroll case seem to relay what his profession was. In a pouch, seven potions, four black metal nails, a metallic feather and a red glass bead seem to be enchanted. Another smaller pouch is inside the first one as well. Then, a second pouch on his belt contains very different things. Yellow and white circles of refined metal and some colorful gems fill his coin purse. On the ground in front of him, a smooth grey stone also detects as magical.

[sblock=ooc]Sometimes a skeleton is just a pile of bones. :lol: You may have heard horror stories of when teleport spells miss their target. Well, this scene looks like just like something out of one of those stories.

Well, this one is easy to loot for treasure. I need 15 Spellcraft checks of at least 16 or better to identify the items. Some of the items will require an even higher DC.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"This Skeleton seems to be just decoration. I stand guard over here, if some of you guys want to check it out." turning to Tirgaz "Maybe give the dog one of the bones"

After that Robert switches back to his Greatsword and stands guard at the edge of the pool watching for incoming Rats.

Perception check: 1D20+7 = [1]+7 = 8

.... or not

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim walks over to the skeleton and looks it up and down, shaking her head. She clucks quietly as she takes in the sight. Once her respects are given, she closely examines each of the items.

[sblock=ooc]If I have the time, I will Take 10(+9) for the items and anything I cant get with a 19 Spellcraft, I'll Take 20 if allowed.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]You cannot Take 20, because Spellcraft to Identify can only be attempted once per week. Take 20 requires you to be able to repeat with disastrous consequences. You cannot Take 10, as there is a danger of triggering a cursed item. So, I will need the rolls. The good thing is that you can do 15 times and then the roll value in Invisible Castle, so only one page click to get all of them at once.

Since your compatriots don't have spellcraft, it will cost to identify the items you miss. All casters should train at least one rank in spellcraft for just that reason.

PS. Ru leveled to 3rd level.
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Looking a little sheepish, cheeks matching her hair, Charity lowers her weapon. "Thought I saw it move..." Walking to the opposite side of the small cave, she scoops up her chakram and torch.

Coming back to the skeleton, she muses, "Poor guy, wonder how long he's been down here? Was the red rat his, and it father a generation of really mean giant rats?" She pauses for a moment, "It would be a shame to leave him down here. We must remember to ask the White Cloaks about this."

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive (left), Torch (right)
Current Conditions in Effect: Torch lit
Spells Remaining (1st): 0

Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: Healing kit: 2 uses
[/sblock]

Remove ads