Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size

Satin Knights

First Post
Dame Morrogrim examines the various items. She has trouble with a few items, but is able to suss out most of what the items do. Once she looks at the rock on the ground, "Interesting!" Followed by another word, the stone starts glowing rises and circling her head slowly. The ioun torch makes examining the other items a lot easier than working by torch light. In the tatters of a backpack, there used to be a spell book, but rat nibbling and mold have destroyed the book long ago. Searching the body, no identification of the mage can be found.

Robert watches and listens, but the rest of the cavern seems silent and still.

[sblock=ooc]Oops! :eek: I mixed learning a spell at a week with identifying an item at a day. So, missed three, but you can figure it out tomorrow before selling off anything at the Mystic Pearl. So, never mind about identification costs.

720 gp Campfire Bead
450 gp Feather Token: Swan Boat
375 gp Wand of Magic Missile ~ CL 1 ~ 25 charges
375 gp Wand of Cure Light Wounds ~ CL 1 ~ 25 charges
375 gp Wand of Mage Armor ~ CL 1 ~ 25 charges
250 gp Dust of Tracelessness
250 gp Elixer of Hiding
75 gp Ioun Torch
50 gp Potion of Endure Elements
50 gp Potion of Comprehend Languages
50 gp Potion of Enlarge Person
50 gp Potion of Disguise Self
50 gp Elixer of Love
50 gp Elixer of Love
25 gp x2 Scrolls of Floating Disk
25 gp x2 Scrolls of Mount
25 gp x2 Scrolls of Unseen Servant
random number of coins and gems to fill out the time based gold at the end.

Well, that's it. You found the rats nest and killed the poor critters off. Leaving and getting paid is all that is left. I think you can cross a plank and ring a bell without much trouble, so the game will officially end on the 4th. I have updated numbers on the first page.

You get to sort out among yourselves who gets what items of treasure. The rest will be turned into the Mystic Pearl and converted to gold pieces. You tell me which items your character is taking in this thread here, and the rest of what is due to you is received in gold pieces. (well, sometimes platinum when it is a large amount.) Totals of who receives what are on the first page in my post. The total numbers for XP and GP are colored as such. The numbers in wheat, are intermediary numbers at the points you leveled.

Congrats! You lived.
Charity's heal checks Heal check + healer's kit bonus. Robert, then Topaz (1d20+5+2=10, 1d20+5+2=19) fail on Robert, success on Topaz
Robert fort save (1d20+4=23) success and shakes off the disease
Topaz fort save + 4 from Charity's tender care (1d20+4+4=14) success only by Charity's success
So, everyone is healthy and doesn't have to purchase healing at a temple.

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=XP]
Ru
...............Starting.........Encounter....Time........Total........Start....Encounter...Time....Total....Date
209-273 ~ 2,384 XP +.320 EXP +...704 TXP = 3,408 XP;..........0 GP + 410 + 704 =....1,114 GP Sept 30th
273-277 ~........0 XP +.....0 EXP +.....60 TXP = 3,468 XP;...1,140 GP + ....0 +...68 =....1,208 GP Oct 4th

There is a typo in line 2, Start GP for Ru. It should be 1,114. This changes Ru's total GP to 1,182. Otherwise, all numbers are APPROVED

Edit: Didn't see anything about DMC. My calculation is below though I wasn't exactly sure when SK had to take over from Scott.
SDW 96-238 (142 days) 9.94 DMC
SK 249-277 (28 days) 1.96 DMC[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Typo fixed on the third post of the thread and those are the DMCs. So, the paperwork for numbers are approved and done.
Thanks GE.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Question and ooc]
OK, I think I understand the magic items. Basically, assuming we agree on who gets what, the gold we have is a buying allowance. Anything that is not spent becomes leftover money, like the gift certificate from Price is Right.

The only question I have is about the initial retainer and final pay from the NPC (totaling 300 GP). Is that included in the 830 GP in compensation for Charity, or in addition, for 1130 GP?

Overall, I liked the game. I used to play PBEM a number of years ago, this was somewhat similar, but with a larger playerbase and better support, such as visual maps. As an aside, I feel pretty good about using heal skill to help fort saves on Filth Fever. :) Kinda helps offset some momentous combat failures (2 x 1's, no 20's.) On the downside, because of late entry and no previous experience, Charity is the only level 1 left in the group as we finish. I suspected that was going to happen, though.

Out of time for now. Will think about magic items later.
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I don't fancy any of those items so you guys can take what you want.

One Note regarding this game: Since Charity and Ru joined us, I rolled five 1s (on a d20). 60% of them were on perception checks (the other were attacks). Before that, I had no 1s (but other crappy rolls ^^). So I have to figure out, which one of you two give me bad luck.

Also a big thanks to Scott and Satin Knight for their DMing!
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Charity's 830 gp includes the retainer from the beginning and at the end. It is the grand total of what she earned on the adventure.

Yes. The buying allowance is a good description. Anything you don't take out of the items pool gets sold into the DWI by the GM in order to convert it to the gold for you.

Yes, Charity is the only one that did not level up. But, at least she has some gold to spend before the next adventure, and she didn't sit around in the DWI for four months waiting on another game to start up. One of my characters waited around for 8 months before she got into an adventure. Kalgor has been sitting for six months doing nothing.

It looks like there are a few new characters in the pipelines, so Charity shouldn't be sitting around too long.

Lindeloef: Blame it on Ru. There is no way you are going to put blame on a cute paladin and make it stick. At least Ru looks like he could be responsible fore malicious deeds. :heh:
[/sblock]

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim holds the wands in her hands and cracks a smile.

"Well, these would be quiet useful. Shall we discuss who shall take ownership of the items?"

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Charity listens to the telling of what the various items are with some amusement until the Elixers of Love are described. With an obvious note of distaste, she comments, "Ug, dreadful things." She sighs, then looks at the group and abruptly changes the subject. "Anyway, perhaps the healing wand for me. Most of this looks most useful to wizardy types, so perhaps I'd find the other things I need a the Mystic Pearl." She thinks a moment and gestures back at the skeleton, "Oh... and still need to make sure this poor guy is properly attended to."

[sblock=ooc]
SK: True. I wasn't complaining about being level 1, I just had hoped I might make it. :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive (left), Torch (right)
Current Conditions in Effect: Torch lit
Spells Remaining (1st): 0

Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: Healing kit: 2 uses
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Probably Ru, if only because I'm generally bad luck, so I just assume my characters are, too. Plus, he's a troublemaker, so it would amuse me if he had some odd air of luck stealing. :)

Out of what's there, the Elixer of Hiding, Ioun torch, and Potion of Disguise Self all seem like they'd be useful to him if no one else is interested in them. Otherwise, he's good with gold and gems, as well. :)

Thanks Scott and SK for running this. An hooray 3rd level. Ru can finally get Trapfinding. :) [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I have the greatest regret of having lost regular internet service. Otherwise I enjoyed gming and later reading of the wonderful mishaps (Rolling of the 1's). I am almost giddy with delight how the skeleton caused he pause that it did, almost spooking the mighty paladin! It worked exactly like I had hoped! Thank you for the great comedy relief during my otherwise very serious life of medical recovery.

Scott DeWar irl known as David

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases