• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Silent Tide

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Finally things are taken care of. Charity frets over making sure everyone is really alright, despite the fact Corbin seems to have managed to close all wounds rather effectively. Once her concerns have been allayed, she seems anxious to get going.

[sblock=OOC]That should just about cover it for me, although the others may have things still to do, so I won't speak for them.

If there was some importance to the way the different colored tiles work, I don't seem to be getting it. Everything seems accounted for as far as Charity can tell, although proceeding with caution and encouraging the White Cloaks to also take a look in case we missed something seems reasonable.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Okay lets get going even though I am not looking forward to talk again to the Old Fart " Robert says.

[sblock="OOC"]I don't think there is anything left here to do, I am all in for going on.[/sblock]

Piston Honda

First Post
The Navigator wasn't overly thrilled about going to the White Cloaks, but hey, he had done something heroic, sortof. But he looked himself over, irked that for all their good, healing spells just can't remove the blood from clothing. "Well, I'm alright, let's be on our way then."

[sblock=OOC]Good to move on as well.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The Granary's all taken care of, the poison found - you're pretty sure, anyway. As you exit you find the old man waiting anxiously outside, wringing his hands. "What happened? Did you find the Echelon inside, and did they manage to poison the grain? Oh, please tell me you managed to avert this disaster!"

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Charity seems to have little time for pleasantries. She addresses the old man directly, as if making a formal report, "Six undead monsters we think were the Echelon were in there. They murdered two guards before we stopped them. The monsters had four large stone flasks between them, still sealed. We suspect it's poison. No opened flasks, or anything else amiss, was to be found, so we suspect the grain is safe. That is what we know." She thinks a moment, then continues, "I didn't think you'd be waiting out here, we were thinking to head to the White Cloaks next to request the grain be magically checked for safety and the fallen guards properly attended. Assuming it checks out, then yes, we managed to save the grain. However, the larger issue remains unattended--we need that book back."

With that, Charity starts back towards town. Almost as an afterthought, she adds, "I"m sorry that wasn't the simple answer you were looking for. We're not done… not by far."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Yargos pulls himself from his anxious reverie with a jerk and looks at the young red-head. "Yes, yes . . . the Whitecloaks are on their way, I think. I went to the guardhouse and told them of the threat. They laughed and were skeptical, but they said they'd send someone along. I agree, the poison should be given over to the watch.

"Um, Nessian is the crook we want; he's got the book. And it's Grandmaster Torch we were going to see, as he'll know where Nessian is holing up. The guardhouse is between here and the Grandmaster's . . . dwelling. If we don't meet the Whitecloaks on the way we can stop there and deliver the news."

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Charity nods as Yargos relates the situation with the White Cloaks. "Yes, then we can stop by without delaying our trip to see Grandmaster Torch. I'd forgotten he was the holder of the information we're looking for. As I recall, he's a man of importance and not to be trifled with."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"A man of importance, aye. That he is. OK, then, off we go to see Grandmaster Torch."

Yargos leads you through the streets and alleys of this part of Venza; the city is quiet in the wee hours of the morning, the time between the night's revelry and the day's business. It seems the Watch did see fit to send a patrol of Whitecloaks to the granary. You meet them on your way to Grandmaster Torch's abode, and pass along the vials and your story. Though skeptical, they are somewhat more respectful toward you than Yargos' tale had them toward him - if they're sniggering, they're at least taking pains to hide it from you.

Once that bit of business is taken care of, the old man leads you a little ways out of Planks and into a more affluent - if only slightly so - neighborhood. He ducks down an alley; following, you see him opening one of the trap doors that accesses the city sewer system. "The sewers in this part of the city are scarcely above sea level, often flooded, and sometimes home to various and sundry creatures that make their way in from the ocean. The Grandmaster has carved out a home for himself down here."

He leads you through the maze of sewers, only pausing a few times to think about which direction he needs to take you. Finally, he ducks through a narrow opening; following him, you find yourselves in a largish chamber, better sealed than the rest of this complex, dry and cozy. There is a raised pool in the back corner of the room; within the cool waters of this pool lounges a smallish man who's body is covered almost completely by the scars of a horrible burning. Two servants quietly lift water from the pool in ladles and recycle it over his charred form, while four half-orc bodyguards stand watchfully by.

He looks up as you enter, and waits for you to speak.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads