• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Silent Tide

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Slipping the shortsword under her belt, a somewhat fatigued Charity pulls her pack off and starts rummaging through it, eventually producing a hammer as she speaks. "Hunh. I'm glad I chose the combat hammer over the simple tool," she comments. Shifting back to Robert's line of questions, she looks to the wall of fog, "This… tells us when they are present or when they are gone, I think. As for me, the wounds are just a bit, shall we say, stingy? Yeah. I suspect Gavin got it worse."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
A wave of healing energy washes over the group as Corbin extols a brief prayer from the back of the party. The fog seems to be slowly receding from all around now; you still cannot see clearly for more than a few feet, but it is getting thinner.

[sblock=OOC]Channel Energy (2d6=9) HP back to all from 2 uses of channel energy.

Don't have time to update the map this morning, so the fog's gonna hang around until tonight/tomorrow AM local time :lol:[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Thanks Corbin for the healing."

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 32/32
CMB: +7 CMD: 20
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (mwk) (+9 & 2d6+6 crit: 19-20/x2)

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]

Piston Honda

First Post
Having fallen to the ground from his wound after being pushed away by Charity, the Navigator returns to his feet as the wave of energy slowly closes the gash across his chest, and he begins to feel his strength restored. He gives a nod to the healer.

“Yes. Thank you, Corbin.”

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
The red-headed younger nods to Corbin in appreciation. "Feels less stingy, thank you." Hefting her hammer, feeling the weight, she takes a couple practice swings to get her bearing. "I'm going to try and mix it up a bit with this hammer, instead. Everyone ready?"

[sblock=PistonHonda]As a point of clarification, Charity waved Gavin away, and didn't push him in any physical sense. It was simply non-verbal communication since speech was impossible. If that wasn't clear, I apologize.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Over the course of the next minute or so, the fog dissipates to the point you are able to see clearly (to the range of your light sources, naturally). The eerie feeling goes the way of the fog, and it's obvious to you all that the granary is no longer inhabited by anything except you.

[sblock=OOC]Feel free to look around/search/etc. Encounter is over.[/sblock]

02GuardiansoftheGrainAllIn_zps9d094fc0.jpg

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Just as Charity is about to resume the search, the fog parts. She sighs in relief, then speaks, "I think… this means the monsters are dead." She thinks a moment, then looks worried, "How do we tell what damage they did? Maybe something on them, like whatever container they used to carry the stuff, will help. Other ideas?"

As she floats the question to the group, the woman kneels and begins searching the pile of undead remains for any hints. "Hunh. Maybe we should get these off the piles of food, entirely," she observes, to herself as much as anyone else. Charity frowns as she notices her long red locks dredging through the grain. "I'm gonna need one heck of a brushing," the young Venzan mutters.

[sblock=Searching]Searching the undead remains for clues (perception): 1D20+7 = [2]+7 = 9
Not so great, so hopefully it's not anything terribly hard to find? One can but hope.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Luckily, there's not a lot to search through - a pile of bones, a tattered black cloak so rotten it's disintegrating even as Charity ruffles through it. She quickly finds a largish stone flask, the stopper still firmly sealed with wax, lying among the bones.

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Charity's green eyes peer intently at the stone flask. "Hunh. I dunno, Robert… but first thing I'm curious about is if the others had these on them as well. Or, if there are similar flasks laying empty anywhere." Tucking her hammer under her belt so can be readily drawn, she moves to the nearby pile of skeletal remains with intent to check it as well.

[sblock=searching remains]If Robert or Gavin make it to the closest pile first, she starts trudging over to the ones on row 15, instead. Neither have actually acted, so they reasonably would have next action.[/sblock]

Remove ads