[LPF] Silent Tide

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Charity manages to use her wand to heal a wound and staunch the bleeding from another. Robert crawls through a window to find himself face to face with charcoal skin and glowing yellow eyes. As the scarred Ranger's putting his feet down, the Fetchling slips a dagger neatly into his side. Gavin, also makes it through a window. The Dhampir within is looking across the 'courtyard'; he fires an arrow as Robert's butt disappears through the window, but the missile clatters from the wall beside the Ranger. The archer apparently has not seen Gavin as yet.

Combat Map

GM: Party is up!

[sblock=Combat!]Lighting within the side towers is dim, granting concealment unless you've got a light source or darkvision.

Gavin's miss chance vs. the Dhampir is 20%. The Fetchling seems to fade into the shadows; Robert's miss chance is 50%.

Finally, Ditzie doesn't have a Fog of War effect - the black inside the side towers is part of my original pic. The rooms are empty other than your foes, so I'm not going to remake the map for this part. I think we can estimate squares if needed for movement.

Code:
[u]Combatant     HP     AC     Condition[/u]
Robert        19/32  17/13  
Gavin         00/16  16/12  
Charity       06/32  17/11  
(Archer 01)   00/    17/13  
(Dagger Thrw) 00/    17/13  
(Caster)      00/    13/13  Cover/Concealment
(Archer 02)   00/    17/13  Cover/Concealment

[s]Dog             /    13/12 [/s]
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"You are an ugly Fecker..." Robert comments on the sight of the charcoal skinned Thing. "You wouldn't be related to... damn i forgot his name, but he looks like beef jerky."

And with that he swings his great sword towards his newly found target.

[sblock="actions"]
Assuming Robert is in range, he just swing at the target, else he moves up (it doesn't really matter)

Power Attack against that thing there: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15
2D6+9 = [5, 2]+9 = 16

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 19/32
CMB: +7 CMD: 20
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (mwk)

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Red tresses falling away from her face, Charity's green eyes peer into the window and the sounds of combat from within. Jumping and scrambling towards the opening, she manages to work herself through the small window, albeit ungracefully. She sighs with a bit of frustration as she tries to get her bearings and footing.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]Move action: Move to window
Move action: Attempt to climb in window (failed)
Climb into Window DC 13: 1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7

I even paid extra for my armor to be able to do this better. :(
Updated Map: http://beta.ditzie.com/49313/53bd7cec2fd48

I changed my role-play text to reflect Mowgli's correction on how the climb checks work. Removed text preserved here:
[sblock=redacted text]slides back down the wall. She sighs with a bit of frustration, seeing neither friend nor foe around her but clearly hearing commotion.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 26/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 16

Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +7
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +7
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 4/4
Smite remaining: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive(left),Healing Wand(right)
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: chakram(in dog)
Items depleted: Healing Wand-1 chg[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Combat Stuff/OOC]Just a couple of things:

• The miss chance is to be rolled even if your attack is a hit, due to the dim lighting (none of you has Darkvision, and Low-Light Vision doesn't actually make it brighter for you it just allows you to see farther). So if Gavin rolls a 19 for his attack roll, he'd then roll a d100 and miss on a 20 or lower. (I might be telling you guys things you already know, but better safe than sorry I guess).
  • The Acrobatics/Climb checks are only to see if it takes a full or a move action to get through the window - just trying to simulate the awkwardness of climbing through a smallish, irregularly shaped opening. So Charity is through the window and flat footed until her next action; it just took her a full round action rather than a move action to get through.

I'll get a full update done either latish this evening or first thing tomorrow morning.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Charity makes her ponderous way through the window, just in time to see Gavin swing and miss the archer - a pretty man with snow white hair and pale skin, dimly seen in the shadows of the room. The archer drops his bow and pulls out a rapier, with which he proceeds to poke the young Rogue.

Meanwhile, in the other tower Robert swings away at the shadow-man and misses as well. His opponent also does not manage to penetrate the Ranger's defenses.

Combat Map

GM: Party is Up!

[sblock=Combat!]
Code:
Gavin         04/16  16/12  
(Dagger Thrw) 00/    17/13  

[s]Dog             /    13/12 [/s]
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
Disappointed Robert sighs and swings his trusty sword again at the charcoal guy. This time connecting.

[sblock="rolls"]
Power Attack against that Charcoal guy: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25
2D6+9 = [1, 6]+9 = 16

See if I actually hit: 1D100 = [58] = 58

@Mowgli is there a door in this room leading into the main tower or is there just an opening?

[/sblock]

Combat Map

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 19/32
CMB: +7 CMD: 20
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (mwk)

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Taking a breath and centering herself, Cortesia's guard waves the wand and repeats the words for Gavin. Reaching out to touch him, healing power flows through her and into him, neatly undoing the strange enemy's efforts. Shortly after Gavin sees the head of Charity's glaive threaten his opponent as she prepares to strike.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]Standard action: Use Wand again, healing Gavin fully (4 pts)
Move action: Slip Wand under belt (ready for battle)

Healing wand on Gavin: 1D8+1 = [3]+1 = 4
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 26/32
CMB: +5 CMD: 16

Fort: +7 Reflex: +6 Will: +7
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +7
Initiative: +1

Lay on Hands remaining: 4/4
Smite remaining: 1/1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive (Healing Wand at belt)
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: chakram(in dog)
Items depleted: Healing Wand-2 chg[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Robert's foe crumples to the ground, his lifeblood leaking to the dirt floor from the great gash in his side. The Ranger looks around, but there are no exits from the room other than the windows. There is a door on the side abutting the central tower, but these three smaller structures were separate from the central tower, and provide no access.

The rapier wielder facing Gavin and Charity steps neatly to the side, placing the Rogue between himself and the girl's long weapon, and thrusts once more with his rapier. Again the needle blade finds an opening in Gavin's armor, inflicting another puncture.

Combat Map

GM: Party is up!

[sblock=Combat!]
Code:
Gavin         05/16  16/12  

[s](Dagger Thrw) 00/    17/13 [/s]