[LPF] The Cave of (Un)Death

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax gets a big smile on his face as he hears Aedger's words and quickly runs off to go crush the floating skulls "Here I come you undead bastards!"
Unable to charge do to that pesky corner that he must navigate Vax instead chooses to run until he is south of the middle floating skull and calls out to it "Come and get it you freaky floating head!" and with a display of strength he swings 'Crusher' around his head and brings it down onto the floor before him "I am going to destroy you!"

[sblock=Actions]
Unable to charge due to the pesky corner Vax instead moves up to 3 squares south of the middle skull and is going to attempt to demoralize it with an Intimidate check
[/sblock]

[sblock= Vax]
Vax

[sblock=Raging]
AC: 14 (Flat-footed: 12, Touch: 10)
HP: 12/15
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30'

Perception: +4
Initiative: +2

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+7, 2d6+9/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+6/x2)
Special Attack Options: Power Attack: -1 Attack, +3 Damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Not Raging]
AC: 16 (Flat-footed: 14, Touch: 12)
HP: 10/13
CMB: +5 CMD: 17
Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +2

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+5, 2d6+6/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+4/x2)
[/sblock]
Rounds of Rage: 4/6
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Consumables Available: 1 Flask of Alchemists Fire, 1 Potion of Cure Light Wounds, 6 Days of Trail Rations
Carried in Hands: 'Crusher'

Vax (Chronikoce) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the group rounds the corner and sets themselves to do battle, Aedger gets a strange feeling about him. Almost as if another force was reaching out to control his undead minions.

And then throughout the cave a disembodied voice speaks out, "Fool! Do you think you are more powerful than me?" it echoes off cave walls and makes it difficult to tell where it is coming from. "I let you believe you had control over my minions, but they are mine. MINE! And soon all of you will be my undead slaves as well. And with you added to my forces I will destroy that farm and everyone in it. HAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

The skulls float forward and "Gary" turns to face Vax as well it's spear held at the ready. Two attempt to "headbutt" Blue while the other nears Vax.

[sblock=OOC]
- Know religion - unsuccessful
-Demoralize - unsuccessful undead are immune
- kobold zombies are 2HD (my fault there was looking at CR and not HD) - but Command Undead says "You can control any number of undead, so long as their total Hit Dice do not exceed your cleric level." So no zombie control at 1st lvl, taken care of IC.
- they are floating at eye level for a human (about 6')
- you should roll for any controlled undead's attacks and dmg just as you do for Blue

-Skulls are attacking but do to tiny size Blue and Vax both get AoO's (will ignore attacks if they are destroyed) AC 14, HP 4

-Hode to finish the round[/sblock]

Attachments

• cave 6.jpg
    cave 6.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Systole

First Post
"Oh, please excuse Cavernous Hode! He was monologuing."
[sblock=Actions]MD: Move to square east of Vax, attack skull.

CH: Move up 20' while drawing club. Cast Shillelagh.[/sblock][sblock= Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 20/20
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Speed: 20'

Perception: +9

Current Weapon in Hand: Shillelagh(+3, 2d6+2/x2), Wand of CLW

0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Magic Stone, Produce Flame, Shillelagh

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris doesn't loose time and starts her song to help the battle. She will stay at Aedger side, her shortbow ready.

"And so I shout from my heart,
I will not be afraid!
I am a leaf in the wind,
Watch how I soar."

[sblock=Ministats]
Damaris.jpg
Damaris - Bard lvl 1
HP 8/8
AC 16 | Touch 13 | FF 13
CMB+2 | CMD 15
Saves: F+0 | R+5 | W+1

INIT +3
Perception +3 | Sense Motive -1

Shortbow +3 1d6
Longsword +2 1d8+3 (Two-handed)

Bardic Performance: 4/6 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound.
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep 1/day.
Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot.

Consumables: Oil, Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (20), Alchemist Fire.[/sblock]

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn (Aasimar Undead Lord)

"Okay, guys, looks like the plan isn't working as well as I had hoped. Blue, smack then down." The skeleton looks at one of his floating counterparts, tilts his head, and attempts a massive uppercut with the borrowed morningstar. Unfortunately, the skeleton is used to having more than a single skull to target. He reaches out with his claw to smack the floating head, which simply bobs to the side, and gives a silent imitation of laughing. Blue's featureless face somehow gives the impression of frustration.

"The scary cave voice, we can deal with in a moment. Right now, we should deal with those skulls" Aedger says as a disappointed look crosses his face. And Louis, how could you resist? I had such big plans for you. Granted, those plans may have involved sending you over the edge of the cavern there, just so I could have some floating skulls on my side, but hey, we had good times, too, right? Say that gives me an idea." Seeing Vax and Blue already engaged, and with little time to relay his plan to Cavernous or Damaris. Aedger springs into action. Rushing toward the zombie he yells, "Ms. Damaris, Please stay there. I appreciate the vote of confidence of you standing near me, but this is not a time to cleave close," as he shoulders into the zombie... which remains surprisingly solid, for such a small, shambly creature. "Louis, when did you start putting on the pounds like that? I should have known, with how quickly you dropped to the ground. Oh well." Aedger looks at the two undead near him that are most certainly not under his control, and then past them at Blue, and simply shrugs,

[sblock=ooc]
! Blue takes full attack, morningstar and claw to the one to his north

! Aedger makes charging bull rush attempt on Louis. Running into battle isn't usually his thing, but maybe he'll get lucky. EDIT: Nope.

! No bonus for either of these, because of high init. so it goes.
-not that it matters
[/sblock]

Last edited:

soulnova

Explorer
After seeing Aedger go ahead, Damaris will stay at 30 ft from the undead (entrance of the room?), keeping the performance going and shooting whatever she has close.

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax shouts at the skull that has floated before him "Ah so you come to do battle do you? Well I shall be happy to bring you down!" as he brings 'Crusher' around for what he hopes will be a devastating blow against the evil before him.

Destroying the skull in a single blow causes Vax to laugh at the feeble attempt that the skull had made to approach him. "Haha, Now to finish what we started before!" he calls out as he steps forward for another powerful swing against the zombiefied kobold that just resisted Aedger's attack.

[sblock=actions]
*Vax is going to Power Attack the skull that is floating before him for his A.O.O. He successfully destroys that Skull.

*For his second round turn he is going to move North so that he can strike at the living zombie kobold. He will Power Attack of course.

! Note: First set of die rolls is for the Attack of opportunity vs the skull. Second set is for attacking the kobold.
[/sblock]

[sblock= Vax]
Vax

[sblock=Raging]
AC: 14 (Flat-footed: 12, Touch: 10)
HP: 12/15
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +4

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+7, 2d6+9/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+6/x2)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Not Raging]
AC: 16 (Flat-footed: 14, Touch: 12)
HP: 10/13
CMB: +5 CMD: 17
Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +2

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+5, 2d6+6/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+4/x2)
[/sblock]
Rounds of Rage: 4/6
Consumables Available: 1 Flask of Alchemists Fire, 1 Potion of Cure Light Wounds, 6 Days of Trail Rations
Carried in Hands: 'Crusher'

Vax (Chronikoce) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Crunch]
No time for a big post yet. Please allow Mister D and Hode to finish the round then I will post an update and then we will start Round 3.

INIT ORDER
Blue (dmg taken 1)
Aedger (dmg taken 6)
Vax (dmg taken 3)
Damairs
Undead
Mister D
Hode

Round 1:
Blue - moved, grabbed new weapon; missed AoO got bonked for 1 HP dmg
Aedger - moved back and told the group what was going on.
Vax - moved and tried to inimidate
Damaris - moved close to Aedger and readied bow
Undead attacked - Vax destroyed his before it could attack - Blue got hit and kobold dropped his rouse.
Mister D - Moved to get into combat/ready action vs attack (can use attack/dmg rolls from previous post if he attacks one of the skulls next round)
Hode - moves and cast shillelagh

Round 2:
Blue - full attack: claw misses (used previous roll)- rolling morning star attack = miss
Aedger - tries to bull rush (provokes AoO - hit dmg = 6)
Vax - 5'step attack zombie; missed
Damaris - moves and starts inspire courage
Undead - all attacks miss
Mister D
Hode[/sblock]

Attachments

• cave 7.jpg
    cave 7.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Systole

First Post
"Cavernous Hode charges! Like a raging bull! Beware, undead-type thing ... uh, not the blue one, though. The blue one is peachy keen."
[sblock=Actions]MD: 5 ft step north, attack skull.

CH: Double move to square south of Blue.[/sblock][sblock= Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 20/20
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Speed: 20'

Perception: +9

Current Weapon in Hand: Shillelagh(+3, 2d6+2/x2), Wand of CLW

0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Magic Stone, Produce Flame, Shillelagh

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Blue finds the floating likeness of himself (although a bit drab) to nimble to get a bead on with the ponderous and slow morning star.

Aedger and Vax come up on the traitor Gary seeking to end his treachery once and for all. VAx pulls up his swing at the last second not to get Aedger caught in the follow through and Aedger trying not to get hit by Crusher nearly impales himself on the zombie's spear.

He pulls away from his attempt to push the kobold zombie over the ledge and puts a hand over his bloody wound. And as the tunnel vision caused by the adrenaline of combat fades away, he notices the glowing circle of power across the ravine, as well as the statue of green stone that glows not unlike the walls.

Meanwhile Damaris starts to sing and the melody heartens her companions to new valor. Mister Dickens takes and almost destroys on of the skulls. Cracking it across the jaw and nose to the point the bottom row of teeth fall away. (i.e. dmg 3 (+1 inspire courage) out of 4 hp)

And lastly Cavernous Hode comes running up a glowing club in hand as he readies to help his new comrades-in-arms deal with the bodiless undead.

OOC: Top of Round 3

Attachments

• cave 8.jpg
    cave 8.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 73

Remove ads