[LPF] The Cave of (Un)Death

vmaaxt

First Post
A scowl sets itself in stone upon Aedger's face. "I don't like it, but I suppose we don't have choice. Blue, come on up. We may see him later. And when we do, we'll deal with him properly." Aedger helps lift the ropes, and then goes over to inspect the piles. "Blue can carry quit a bit yet, if he needs to. But before we start plundering Mr. Zarrin's home, may I suggest we sweep it again? I may be paranoid, but I doubt we want to suffer another attack when we are distracted with all this wonderful treasure. I simply suggest going around the path we did, and make sure that there are no remaining undead roaming around."

[sblock=ooc]
Call me paranoid, but this has happened to me more than once. old habits die hard.

I also want to sweep around and take a closer look at that statue across this bridge, and compare it to the one vax busted earlier.

Also, inspect the cave more closely, to look for anything that we might have missed in our hurry. I think we can take our time looking it over now.

If any of the chests are closed, Blue can open them, while the rest of the party stands away. I would be surprised if Zarrin hadn't trapped them.

If anybody is appraising, I can give a guidance poke.

edit: Ooh, and loot the ogre body. The cudgel killed leo. I call dibs. I don't care If I can't use it.
[/sblock]

[sblock='ministats']
[sblock=aedger]Aedger Beinn, Aasimar cleric (undead lord) 1
init: +2 ac: 15, t:12, ff:13
hp: 02 perception: +9
cmb: +0 cmd: 12 speed: 30ft.
fort: +2 ref: +2 will: +5
resist 5: cold, acid, electric
senses: darkvision 60ft

current effects: none

in hand: Light Crossbow

special powers
channel negative energy 1d6, 6/day, will dc 14 used: 2
death's kiss: 1 round duration, 6/day used: 1
command undead

[sblock='spells prepared:']orisons:
light
guidance
mending
level 1: (dc 14)
cause fear (domain)
bless
cure light wounds
spell like abilities
daylight (1/day)
[/sblock]

attacks:
crossbow, light: +2 attack, 1d8+0, 19/x2, 80' bolts: 28
morningstar: +0 attack, 1d8+0, 20/x2

[sblock='expanded']skills
acrobatics 01
appraise 01
bluff 03
climb -01
craft 01
diplomacy 10
disguise 03
escape artist 01
fly 01
heal 03
intimidate 03
knowledge (religion) 05
perception 09
perform 03
ride 01
sense motive 07
stealth 01
survival 03
swim -01
carrying:
holstered:
Crossbow, light & bolts
morningstar
[sblock='pockets']earplugs (4x)
chalk (3x)
ink (1 oz. Vial)
inkpen (2x)
paper, rice (5 sheets)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[sblock=blue]blue, skeletal companion (medium undead)
init: +2 ac: 17, t:12, ff:15
hp: 11 perception: +0
cmb: +2 cmd: 14 speed: 30ft.
fort: +0 ref: +2 will: +2
immune: cold undead traits
dr: 5/bludgeoning
senses: darkvision 60ft

current effects: none

in hand: Scimitar (r)
attacks:
scimitar +2 (1d6+2,18-20/x2), claw –3 (1d4+1)
or 2 claws +2 (1d4+2)
or dagger +2 (1d4+2), range 10'
or javelin +2 (1d6+2/×2), range 30' remaining: 3

[sblock='expanded']
carrying:
holstered:
scimitar
dagger
javelins
backpack
rope, hemp (50ft)(x2)
plank, collapsable
wandermeal (4 servings)
chalk (6x)
[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=pictures]
180px-aedger_beinn.jpg
180px-1342541056597_c6a62.png
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group gathers up everything as Aedger and Blue search.

The statue is identical to the broken one in the cave. As it is still whole the wall it is connected to still glows a pale green. A quick study through your detect magic gives you the feeling it is some sort of barrier to block out ethereal creatures. As if he where trying to make a jail out of the area to capture a ghost or wraith.

With the threat posed by Zarrin now gone the group can return and tell Farmer Jezz it is safe for his young farmhand once more.

Carrying and dragging their well earned treasure from the cave they are glad to once more feel the sun on their faces, as they head for home.

The End
??

OOC: Great game everyone, glad we got through those few bumps and could finish this. Numbers in next post.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=The Goodies]
Code:
[B]Vax, Aedger, and Damaris[/B]
   812 TXP
 [U]+ 902[/U] AXP
 1,714 Total XP

1,125 AGP
 [U]+ 696[/U] TGP
 1,821 Total GP

[B]Cavernous Hode[/B]
 1,276 TXP
[U]+  902[/U] AXP
 2,178 Total XP

1,125 AGP
[U]+1,276[/U] TGP
 2,401 Total GP

Items up for "purchase"

LG half plate armor 600gp
LG morningstar 8gp

potion of disguise self, 50gp
potion of expeditious retreat, 50gp
potion of protection from arrows, 300gp
potion of resist energy, 300gp
alchemy lab, portable 75gp

For the Judge -

Encounter List:
4 kobold Zombies CR 1 400xp; Treasure Value 400gp
3 severed heads CR 1 405xp; Treasure Value 400gp
3 medium Skeletons CR 1 405xp; Treasure Value 400gp
2 zombie wolves CR 2 600xp; Treasure Value 800gp
1 armored ogre skeleton CR 2 600xp; treasure Value 800gp
1 NPC, Zarrin (commoner2/Wizard3) CR 4 1,200xp; Treasure Value 1,700gp

Total AXP = 3,610 (902xp each player)
Total AGP = 4,500 (1,125gp each player) [/sblock]

Chronikoce

First Post
Thanks a bunch! Was fun time for my first pbp. Couple of quick questions:
-What xp rate does LPF play at (Fast, Med, Slow)?
-As for loot, I assume we gained the money listed and then we can trade some of that money back in for a piece of loot if we would like it?

Systole

First Post
"Ack! Sun!" the dwarf says, shielding his eyes. "Cavernous Hode forgets how bright it is up here. Nevertheless, he forges ahead bravely!"

[sblock=OOC]Fast XP progression, so 1300 is 2nd level.

The way loot works is that you get a set amount of XP and GP per day, in addition to XP and GP per encounter. The daily award are so that slower games don't completely suck compared to faster games.

So Vax is walking out of here with 1821gp worth of goodies plus gold. So he can take 1821 in gold, or 1521 in gold plus the 300gp potion of protection from arrows, etc, etc.

After the adventure is concluded you can take whatever money you have and go buy stuff at the Mystic Pearl. Hint: Spend, spend, spend, because buyback is 100%.[/sblock]

Chronikoce

First Post
As everyone is traveling back towards the farm to inform the farmer of their mighty conquest Vax realizes that he has yet to properly thank his brave companion Hode for the repeated efforts to stave off a painful death! "Hode my friend your little wand there proved to be quite handy to my survival and as such I feel that you deserve compensation for your bravery and expenditure of resources!" Vax reaches into his pouch and pulls out a handful of coins which he quickly presses upon Hode insisting vigorously if need be that Hode must accept the money.

[sblock=ooc]
Vax is trying to give Hode 50gp to repay for the saving of his live as well as the many wand expenditures.
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The dwarf dodges Vax's outstretched hand, although Mister Dickens takes the opportunity to snap at the barbarian's fingers. "Oh ho ho!" the dwarf chuckles. "Preventative medicine is a service that Cavernous Hode provides free of charge, especially for fellow party members that prefer the brunt of combat. Now, now, Mister Dickens: play nicely!"

OOC: Healing expenditures are either a group expenditure or a healer expenditure. Gifts of gold get complicated, and I do not want to deal with the accounting.

Also, spammer reported. Not sure what's with these ***holes recently, but they're all over.

soulnova

Explorer
"My wonderful short friend, I'll start working on the song right away, and as soon as it's finished, meet me at the Inn. I'll sing it and we will see if is of the liking of your sweet lady" she claps her hands excited.

Chronikoce

First Post
"Very well, then I am indebted to you and will do my best to sing praises of your valor!"

[sblock=ooc]
Thanks I did not know that!
[/sblock]

Remove ads