Pathfinder 1E [LPF] The Haven

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I can somewhat understand him, but he is talking too softly to make out what he is saying." Thuvian frowns as he assesses the situation, but as Thad resettles into his place on his masters shoulder, the tiefling steps forward quietly, wielding no weapons and looking as non-threatening as possible. Speaking in Old Landellian, "Greetings, good sir. I am Thuvian Darklight. What is your name and how did you come to acquire such grieveous looking wounds?"

Aura

Explorer
Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
. . . Jeremiah Katarsis . . .

Hearing something he could understand for the first time, the wounded man's remaining eye squarely meets Thuvian's. "Katarsis," he gets out, voice raspy and seemingly tired, "Jeremiah Katarsis. I have seen... better days, but combat with the undead will do that to you. The wounds fester... but I remain." You notice his blade has lowered to the point where the tip rests on the floor. Although he could bring the weapon to bear quickly, his body language seems to have relaxed a bit. "What year is it? Why are you here? You might want... to leave... and seal this place."

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk stands watching the injured man not able to follow the conversation and not wanting to instigate action to violence where not needed. He grips his hammer but does not raise it. He thought to ask Thuvian what was being said and thought better of it. Thuvian would relate the mans words when something was said that needed to be passed on. Better for now to not disturb the conversation; just wait.

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 21 (with shield/ Flat:20, Touch: 13)
HP: 106/106
CMB: +14 / CMD: 25 Fort: +11 / Ref: +5 / Will: +5
Damage Reduction: 01/_
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & +1 shocking Warhammer
Rage: 20/20
Renewed Vigor: 1/1
Lesser Elemental Blood: 3/3

CLW wand 50/50

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas, too, stands steady with the tip of his falchion lowered. He focuses his attention on the man, this Katarsis, seeking to discern either good or ill in the man.

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls/OOC]Use the Inquisitor's detect alignment ability, working his way through evil, good, chaos and law in that order (if the conversation gives him time to get that far).[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 21 (14 Touch, 19 Flat-Footed)
HP: 76/76
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +15
CMB: +09 CMD: 23 (+11/25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +09 Reflex: +04 Will: +07

Special Abilities
Judgement: 02/02 Uses Remaining
Bane: 09/09 Rounds Remaining
Discern Lies: 06/06 Rounds Remaining

Prayers
Orisons: At-Will
-------Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt
----------Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
Level 01: 05/05 Remaining
-------Command, Divine Favor, Ear Piercing
----------Scream, Wrath
Level 02: 04/04 Remaining
-------Blistering Invective, Restoration (Lesser),
----------See Invisibility, Stricken Heart
Jonas_zpsmzh4paui.jpg
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian_zpsllhr2jxm.jpg

"I suspect that someone folllowed your advice to seal the place up; it was only to our knowledge recently rediscovered and the seal broken. The year is 1315 and we were hired to explore this complex to see if the theories and timelines of our employer are accurate. Simply leaving would likely simply add to the problem at this point; this place bears a rare opportunity to see into what is for us the deep forgotten past. For better or for worse, it's presence is now known and someone with less scholarly pursuits in mind could very easily come poking around, causing considerably more trouble than we seek to do. Better to address the past now rather than later. How did you come to be here, and what can you tell us about the undead that inhabit this place? Oh, and before I completely forget my manners, I am Thuvian Darklight, and the curious scaly one is Thad." While giving the man a chance to digest the answer and ponder how to reply, Thuvian sits down by the fire, allowing Thad to explore the immediate area while he talks to the stranger, and turns back to the party, "Mr. Jeremiah Katarsis has informed me that there are undead about and that we should leave and seal the door. If you can keep your watch up, I will try to get some more details."

[sblock=mini-stats]Thuvian Darklight
AC: 15 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 12) +4 AC from Mage Armor
HP: 37/37 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place: Mage Armor, Protection From Evil

Thad
Current Conditions: Mage Armor

Magic:
CL 7; +11 Concentration (+15 Casting Defensively); SR +7
Extended Illusion (3 rounds beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - used
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast by Thuvian

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st - Mage Armor (x), Protection from Evil (2)(x), Vanish (2), Ventriloquism
2nd - Create Pit, Mirror Image, Spider Climb (2)
3rd - Fly, Major Image (2), Summon Monster III
4th - Shadow Conjuration (2), Stone Shape[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Farziel_zpsaihyrbov.jpg

Pirvinia listened in on the conversation, understanding the words, but unable to reply in the same language. She added, "You should introduce the rest of us too, Thuvian."

"I must say, it is quite strange that he has been down here all this time. Though, I am not surprised that undead roam these halls and corridors."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Pen & Paper
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 7/8, 3rd Level 8/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
. . . Jeremiah Katarsis . . .

Thuvian's response causes the man to think. "1315, hmmm. Makes no sense... calendar reset? What is it based on? Answer... brings questions. But... you wish to stay? People seem more crazy now, duly noted. Perhaps... you destroy the accursed, then?"

With that, the man turns away from you. You see his back is as badly torn up as the rest of him, and it becomes clear the source seems to be a clawed hand of some kind, judging by the spread. Seemingly speaking to himself, he continues in a lower tone, "Think, think! Maybe more time than I thought. Over a thousand... makes no sense. Feh. Wait..."

Turning back, he addresses Thuvian directly with a question, "So, what is it like outside? Livable? If you destroy them... then... sure, the do as you wish. The Haven has no purpose... any more." Looking up at Thuvian's friends, seemingly milling about, he adds, "None of them speak the common tongue? How odd. Yet... I wish them well, of course. Anyway, Thuvian and scaly Thad, what do you wish to know?"

[sblock=Mowgli]Over a period of several rounds' time, Jonas assesses the man as being Lawful Evil.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian_zpsllhr2jxm.jpg

"I suspect it has been closer to two or three thousand years and the events that shaped are current calendar were still far in the future when this haven was created. The world is still very much liveable, though from what little is known of that period in history, I can easily see why its creators would have reason to doubt that. It took many centuries for world to come back from the brink of darkness it found itself in. Among the many casualities of these difficulties is the language that you and I are conversing in; while still known to those who seek it out, it is no longer the common tongue. Pirvinia here has magic that allows her to understand it but lacks the base knowledge to reply. The others, Far'ziel, Samad, Tsaaruk, and Jonas have probably never even encountered one who speaks this tongue natively before." Thuvian pauses briefly to point out each person as their name is said, give the man time to ponder his words, and restrain Thad from playing with a particularly hot ember that had fallen out of the fire. "It does indeed seem as though our task will be to deal with the accursed, but I would not be so hasty in the conclusion that this place is no longer of value. When one is walking in almost complete darkness, as we are in terms of what is place is and what it meant to the world in which it was created, even the smallest of flickering sparks can prove to be of great assistance. I think the best place to start would be the original pupose of this place, who was intended to carry out that purpose, and where things went wrong."

Current Weapon in Hand:

Thad

Magic:

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas' voice rumbles slightly as he speaks up; he does not raise his weapon, though his news is... not good. He uses the current common tongue. "Make no sudden moves, and allow Ser Darklight his questions, but be on your guard. Though he does have a code of honor - of some sort - this man's ways are evil."

[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls/OOC]--[/sblock]

Initiative: +04
AC: 21 (14 Touch, 19 Flat-Footed)
HP: 76/76
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +15
CMB: +09 CMD: 23 (+11/25 vs. Trip)
Fort: +09 Reflex: +04 Will: +07

Special Abilities
Judgement: 02/02 Uses Remaining
Bane: 09/09 Rounds Remaining
Discern Lies: 06/06 Rounds Remaining

Prayers
Orisons: At-Will
-------Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt
----------Undead, Guidance, Sift, Stabilize
Level 01: 05/05 Remaining
-------Command, Divine Favor, Ear Piercing
----------Scream, Wrath
Level 02: 04/04 Remaining
-------Blistering Invective, Restoration (Lesser),
----------See Invisibility, Stricken Heart
Jonas_zpsmzh4paui.jpg
[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian_zpsllhr2jxm.jpg

Thuvian notes Jonas' concern quietly before replying. "He comes from a time that it probably took a bit of self interest and evil inclinations to survive. He calls this place a haven, which suggests that it dates to collapse of the Golden Age or just after. It would most certainly not have been a pleasant time to be alive. Somewhere something seems to have gone wrong; he calls those down here the Accursed, suggesting a rather dark fate even for those gathered here. Detecting some degree of evil off one of the few to avoid that fate is not particularly surprising."

Current Weapon in Hand:

Thad

Magic:

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Remove ads