Pathfinder 1E [LPF] The Haven

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Oh, yeah. I remember now about the door. Sorry, forgot. So I guess Far'ziel is waiting for someone to open the door so she can continue scouting ahead. [/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
A Stout Door

Not to be one afraid, Tsaaruk was the first to test the ancient steel grating that constituted the floor of the elevated level in the atrium. It creaked as his full weight was applied, and after a ginger step or two, began to fearlessly walk across to the southwest exit. The arched doorway immediately led into a smallish room filled with broken furniture and a single exit--a particularly stout wooden door on the south wall. Over the door, in Old Landellian, Thuvian reads the words 'Administration - Lord's Offices'. There is a single door-knob and keyhole, and it looks quite ordinary, albeit finely constructed. With the rest of the group slowly trailing in, the big half orc considers the door.

Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
. . . Jeremiah Katarsis . . .

From behind, the wounded man breaks the silence with a whispered exclamation, "Wait..." After another fit of coughing, perhaps worse than before, he clarifies, "I have the key... somewhere" Searching through his pockets, Jeremiah Katarsis eventually locates a key on a leather cord and holds it out, dangling it temptingly before the group.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Pirvinia4_zpsd6ee1686.jpg
Farziel_zpsaihyrbov.jpg

Pirvinia gestured towards the large half-orc and said, "You can give him the key to open it... would there be any traps in this place? I am not skilled in finding them, but one of the others are likely capable."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Pen & Paper
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 6/8, 3rd Level 7/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"Surely they would not trap each door and corridor, at least, surely not those that first built and used this place." Samad thought a moment, and looked Jeremiah over again, "It pains me to see anyone in such distress. What exactly happened to you to make your body fall apart so?"
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 21
Fort: +5^ Reflex: +12^ Will: +9^
Perception: +18^, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow (+13^/+8^, 1d8+3, 18-20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Heroism^
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/5
Spells Remaining (3rd): 3/3

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
. . . Jeremiah Katarsis . . .

The wounded man agrees with Samad's assessment. "I know of no traps..." he begins, holding his side with one hand after the recent coughing fit. "Simpler... they just killed those who tried to enter. Be on guard." With that, he offers the key again, letting it fall into Jonas' meaty hand.

"As for me, I had an... encounter... with their leader," Jeremiah continues, addressing Samad's question. "I'm not sure how long ago. Sometimes, the pain is crippling, although today I am rather well."

[sblock=Big Half Orc]I wasn't sure which one, so I guessed. Hoping to see Mowgli soon, but I've kinda given up on BigB, although he might surprise me with a return.[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"... I... suppose that is good to hear. Perhaps we might get you help once we finish our task here," Samad nodded at the crusader, "Let us steel ourselves, and continue. Lord above only knows what else could be lying in wait."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

30772697925_ebfaf57cd2_m.jpg
30472200310_2012432780_m.jpg

Pirvinia said, "Well, we can still have my friend Far'ziel scout ahead while invisible. I suggest Tsaaruk open the door with the key first and lead the way right behind by about 30 to 40 feet."

Initiative:
HP:
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Nuthin

Far'ziel
Initiative:
HP:
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic

Aura

Explorer
Tsaaruk nods and reaches down to unlock the door. Without incident, the door creaks open and the burly fighter peers into the space beyond as he does. Just as the door is getting to be opened wide enough for Far'ziel to pass through, the man stops and stares a moment. Then, pushing the door back closed, he turns to the group, "I think we have gone the wrong way. It is nothing more than a big closet beyond," he calmly explains, seemingly dejected by this turn of events.

Almost immediately, Jeremiah Katarsis exclaims, almost breathless, "No! This... is not right, do not believe him!" With a look of anger, he moves closer, but stops again as Tsaaruk hefts his weapon menacingly.

As tempers flare, Jonas perks up and looks back across the catwalks, eyes scanning the atrium. "I think I heard something on the grating, but I see nothing," he intones, hand clutching his falchion as he casts worried glances back towards Tsaaruk's confrontation with Jeremiah as well.

[sblock=Moving on then]My hopes that people would join back in turned out to be unfounded. I am going to move forward in such a way as to keep their characters present through this last segment of the game without making them the stars of the story. Sorry for the delay.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad stepped forward, hands forward, too.

"Woah, Tsaaruck, there's no need for that. This man has not led us astray yet, and we are all friends here," Except that this statement rang hollow in his own ears. He realized that, an orc of few words as he was, Samad did not know his fellow warrior half as well as he would've liked. Still, they were brothers-in-arms as far as the elf was concerned, "Mayhaps this is a misunderstanding, and the way still lies yet beyond."

He took a step towards the door.
[sblock=OOC]Perception: 1D20+18 = [19]+18 = 37
It occurred to me after I posted this that I should also roll sense motive
Sense Motive: 1D20+9 = [11]+9 = 20

[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
bd6e23d1-e2ff-4405-8f2e-8a5c7f24e017_zpst9yblpvs.png
Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 21
Fort: +5^ Reflex: +12^ Will: +9^
Perception: +18^, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow (+13^/+8^, 1d8+5^^, 18-20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Heroism^, Good Hope^^
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/5
Spells Remaining (3rd): 2/3

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
-
[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

30772697925_ebfaf57cd2_m.jpg
30472200310_2012432780_m.jpg

Pirvinia stepped forward as well, "Yes, open the door back up once more. My familiar when through and you just shut it again. Whatever is going on, I want to see."

She cast a cantrip to bring up her mage sight that would reveal magical auras to her vision.

Initiative:
HP:

Weapon in Hand: Nuthin

Far'ziel
Initiative:
HP:

Remove ads