Pathfinder 1E [LPF] The Haven

Aura

Explorer
Guard Room Battle Round 1

Pirvinia launched two rays of dazzling light and heat at the vampire that had used the element of surprise to so effectively take down her teammate. One hit, singing flesh as it passed down the monster's leg. He seemed to wince from the contact, but pressed forward despite it.

“What part of ‘leave and never return’ did you fail to understand,”
Sampson asks rhetorically, as he is already stepping up to Samad and slashing the elf viciously with his claws. He connects once, a grazing shot that causes some pain and superficial bleeding, but nothing too serious.

Meanwhile, out in the atrium, two skeletons appear before Jonas, both attacking with their swords. Taken aback by the sudden appearance, Jonas is hit twice, but he quickly recovers his senses and strikes back, his large blade smashing part of the undead monster. “I think some got by me!” he yells to his comrades, and with the heads up, Thuvian can hear bone feet on flagstone alerting him to the fact there are more, yet unrevealed, monsters to fight.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]
Round 0:
Of Pirvinia's two rays from her Scorching Ray spell, the second has hit for 10 damage (edit).
Round 1:
Skeletal Warriors A and B attack Jonas, coming into view as they do. He takes 22 damage as both connect.
Sampson Steps up and slashes Samad, hitting once for 7 damage.
Jonas swings back at the skeletal champion A, doing 8 damage (reduced).
Thuvian can hear movement directly to the east.

Combat Actors
Sampson (AC 29, CMD 27, 10 damage)
Skeletal Warrior A (AC 25, CMD 20, 8 damage)
Skeletal Warrior B (AC 25, CMD 20, 0 damage)
Skeletal Warrior C (AC 25, CMD 20, 0 damage)
Skeletal Warrior D (AC 25, CMD 20, 0 damage)

Pirviania (AC 21, 0 damage) mage armor, darkvision
Thuvian (AC 15, 0 damage) mage armor
Samad (AC 20 CMD 21, 7 damage) heroism, good hope (80r), protection from evil (80r)
Jonas (AC 21, CMD 23, 22 damage)
Air Elemental A (AC 17, CMD 15, 0 damage)
Air Elemental B (AC 17, CMD 15, 0 damage)
Air Elemental C (AC 17, CMD 15, 0 damage)

map: http://beta.ditzie.com/92694/584389e95f10e

Notes:
- The room the main group is in is the guard room, the room where Jonas is is the atrium.
- 10’ ceiling, level throughout the room
- The air elementals start out in the atrium, where they moved to help Jonas. Just say what squares you want them to end in and I’ll place them next round. They have lots of movement.
- I created a Far'zeil token since she seems to be participant in this one. Feel free to fix the starting location if it is not to your liking, PM.
- Let me know if I missed any conditions.

Your turns, everyone is up.[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

30772697925_ebfaf57cd2_m.jpg
30472200310_2012432780_m.jpg

Pirvin unleashed her spell at Sampson. Unable to see Far'ziel, she could not be sure if the mephit was near her or not. The ceiling was not going to offer her familiar much refuge.

[sblock=Actions]UPDATED MAP

Pirvin cast Scorching Ray from before. Looks like we lost initiative so I did not re-roll and assumed it takes place now. If she already missed, then I will need to reroll.
Sampson has high AC, but I would expect Touch AC to be much less than that posted.
Ranged Touch 1 (13,16), Ranged Touch 2 (23,10)[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 21 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision

Weapon in Hand: Alchemist's Fire Flask
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 5/8, 3rd Level 7/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 30 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
OOC: @sunshadow21
[MENTION=6704325]Commander_Fallout[/MENTION]
You're both up.

[sblock=Initiative and Pirvinia's spell]That was a mistake on my part. I will edit the narrative and result to credit you the damage on the 2nd ray of your initial cast. Sorry about that.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Sorry for the lack of descriptive exposition; I'm lucky to not fall asleep while writing this as it is.

Thuvian moves to back up Jonas, throwing a holy water at minion B while the elementals swoop in from the rear and sides in an attempt to finish off the minions on the walkway.

[sblock=actions]holy water throw, damage: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7; 2D4 = [4, 1] = 5 Move to N7
Elementals move to O4, P4, and P6
One attack on A 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17; 1D4+1 = [1]+1 = 2
Two attacks on B Attacks on B: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15; 1D4+1 = [4]+1 = 5--1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13;1D4+1 = [4]+1 = 5[/sblock]

[sblock=Thuvian Darklight]
AC: 15 (Touch 13, Flatfooted 12) +4 AC from Mage Armor
HP: 37/37 Initiative: +3
Perception : +6 Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +3 Reflex: +5 Will: +6
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Place: Mage Armor, Protection From Evil

Thad
Current Conditions: Mage Armor

Magic:
CL 7; +11 Concentration (+15 Casting Defensively); SR +7
Extended Illusion (3 rounds beyond concentration)
1st level Sapphire of Power - used
+4 to Spellcraft DC to identify spells cast by Thuvian

Darkness 1/1; CL 7

Cantrips - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand
1st - Mage Armor (x), Protection from Evil (2)(xx), Vanish (2), Ventriloquism
2nd - Create Pit, Mirror Image, Spider Climb (2)
3rd - Fly, Major Image (2), Summon Monster III (x)
4th - Shadow Conjuration (2)(x), Stone Shape[/sblock]

Attachments

• a...psllhr2jxm.jpg
    a...psllhr2jxm.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 275

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad, wincing from the sudden attack, swallowed the pain, and leapt back as the streaks of lights blurred past him.

"Not a true vampire, but close. I know your kind," Samad grabbed a handful of arrows, launching one and nocking another thereafter, though not before noting aloud, "Stab it if you can, cutting will do no good!"
New Map
[sblock=OOC]Samad 5-foot steps to K8, initiates Rain of Blows as a move action, and makes a ranged attack against the nauseous super Nos as a standard.
Ranged Attack (with PBS): 1D20+16 = [16]+16 = 32
Ranged Damage (with PBS and Fire): 1D8+7+1D6 = [3]+7+[6] = 16

I forget, did I use three rounds of Battle Dance against the statue?[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
bd6e23d1-e2ff-4405-8f2e-8a5c7f24e017_zpst9yblpvs.png

Samad Salil
AC: 19* (16* flat-footed, 14* touch)
HP: 66/66
CMB: +8 CMD: 21
Fort: +5^ Reflex: +12^ Will: +9^
Perception: +18^, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Karran's Lance (Thorn?) (+15*^/+10*^, 1d8+6^^+1d6[Fire], 18-20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Heroism^, Good Hope^^(8 min), Rain of Blows*, PfE
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/5
Spells Remaining (3rd): 2/3

Used Items:
-

Abilities Used:
Battle Dance (4?/21)[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Guard Room Battle Round 2

Stepping to back up Jonas, Thuvian produces a vial of holy water and hefts it in the direction of the skeletal assailants. As he steps over, he gets the feeling more of them are close, as he can hear their bare foot bones on the floor. Perhaps the thought of imminent danger was a distraction, as the vial flies wide and over the railing, falling to the stone floor below and shattering. Almost immediately, Thuvian's air elementals surround the undead and begin to attack, although none land any blows.

The two skeletons respond in kind, one lashing out at Jonas and another at one of the elementals

Meanwhile, in the room, the filthy undead creature known as Sampson gasps as Pirvinia launches two more beams of burning light it, and once again, of of them connects. Flesh burns just as if it were living. The beast, at the minimum, knows how to burn. As if following Pirvinia's lead, Samad steps back and plants a fiery arrow into his enemy. Sampson roars with pain, ripping what is left of the nearly-consumed arrow from his body as he steps forward, claws bared.

Jeremiah Katarsis Small.jpg
Not missing an opportunity, Jeremiah lashes out at Sampson, cutting him viciously with his falchion. "Sorry, this is all I have," he explains curtly to Samad, who had just recommended another choice of weapon. Meanwhile, Sampson reels from the blow, recovering quickly but throwing the wounded man a nasty glare.

SampsonDwiellen.jpg
"You insolent whelps will pay for this!" Sampson roars out, but, uncharacteristically, hesitates a moment as he seems poised to strike Samad. The clattering of bone on stone behind the elf tells him why, as two more skeletal warriors appear, one each on Samad and Jeremiah, both slashing at their opponent with neither mercy nor malice, but rather the empty gaze of a mindless creature.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]
Round 1 (Party+Jeremiah):
- Pirvinia hits with one of her two scorching rays, doing 17 damage to Sampson. Another half-success/half-failure, depending on how you wish to view it.
- Jonas swings back at the skeletal champion A, doing 8 damage (reduced) (restatement from previous post).
- Thuvian throws holy water and misses, the vial skews wide and off the elevated area. The air elementals close on the skeletons and begin to melee, to no obvious initial effect. Remember to take +2 for any flank attacks you might get (shame on the poor die rolls, though.)
- Jeremiah uses his reserve action to slash at the Nosferatu, hitting and doing 16 (reduced). It looks like Sampson has taken over half his hp, now.

Round 2 (Monsters):
- Sampson steps up, triggering Jeremiah's reserve action. Skeletal warriors C and D come out of invisibility, slashing at Samad and Jeremiah, hitting Samad for 15. Sampson then attacks Samad with both clawed hands, hitting once for 19.
- Skeleton A attacks Jonas, B attacks Jonas, neither hit.

Combat Actors
Sampson (AC 29, touch 17, CMD 27, 59 damage)
Skeletal Warrior A (AC 25, touch 14, CMD 20, 8 damage)
Skeletal Warrior B (AC 25, touch 14, CMD 20, 0 damage)
Skeletal Warrior C (AC 25, touch 14, CMD 20, 0 damage)
Skeletal Warrior D (AC 25, touch 14, CMD 20, 0 damage)

Pirviania (AC 21, 0 damage) mage armor, darkvision
Thuvian (AC 15, 0 damage) mage armor
Samad (AC 20 CMD 21, 41 damage) heroism, good hope (80r), protection from evil (80r)
Jonas (AC 21, CMD 23, 22 damage)
Air Elemental A [O4] (AC 17, CMD 15, 0 damage)
Air Elemental B [P4] (AC 17, CMD 15, 0 damage)
Air Elemental C [P6] (AC 17, CMD 15, 0 damage)

map: http://beta.ditzie.com/92694/58577b4282f83

Notes:
- The room the main group is in is the guard room, the room where Jonas is is the atrium.
- 10’ ceiling, level throughout the room
- New rolls for second casting of scorching ray used.
- Monsters updated with touch attack AC.

- The air elementals start out in the atrium, where they moved to help Jonas. Just say what squares you want them to end in and I’ll place them next round. They have lots of movement.
- I created a Far'zeil token since she seems to be participant in this one. Feel free to fix the starting location if it is not to your liking, PM.
- Hopefully Mowgli will be with us soon. I haven't used any resources, like Judgements or such.
- Samad: Sure, three rounds of battle-dance against the statue sounds fine. Since we have to guess, it seems like an appropriate number.
- I didn't differentiate the air elemental tokens. See their individual combat descriptors for where each one is.

Your turns, everyone is up.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

30772697925_ebfaf57cd2_m.jpg
30472200310_2012432780_m.jpg

Pirvinia directed her familiar in that language only the pair knew, instructing Far’ziel to fry the skeletons. It would bring the mephit visible, but it was no longer time to be cautious when the battle raged.

Far’ziel broke the invisibility spell by breathing a cone of fire over the two skeletons accosting Samad and Jerimiah. The flames licked their bones, causing them to blacken a bit.

Meanwhile the sorceress moved a bit so she could see the summoned creatures Thuvian had summoned and said, “Let me speed this up a bit.”

“ROMBUS!”
she cried raising her hands as she released the wild magic. Her allies immediately felt faster and quicker.

[sblock=Actions]Pirvin cast Haste (9r) on Herself Far’ziel, Samad, Jonas, Jerimiah, Thuvian, & 3 Air Elementals - +1 AC, +1 Attack with Full Attack, +1 To Hit, +1 Reflex Save.
Far’ziel moved & Breathed fire (Recharge in 4r) – 7 damage to Skeletons C&D, Reflex DC13 for half
Updated Map
Roll[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+9, Perception: +10 (12 with Far'ziel)
AC: 17 (21 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 14, Flat-footed 14)-> 22 with Mage Armor
HP:
56 Current: 56
CMD: 16, Fort: +7, Ref: +8, Will: +9
Conditions in Effect: Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor, Darkvision, Haste

Weapon in Hand: Alchemist's Fire Flask
Spells Remaining: 1st Level: 6/8, 2nd Level: 5/8, 3rd Level 6/8, 4th Level 5/5

Far'ziel
Initiative:
+6 Senses: darkvision; Perception: +12
AC: 26 (Touch 15, flat-footed 22) -> 31 with Mage Armor
HP:
28 Current: 22
Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +6
Conditions in effect: Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor, Immune Fire, Vulnerable to Cold, DR5/Magic
SLAs: 1x/Hour--Scorching Ray [Att: +7, dmg: 4d6],
1/day--heat metal (DC 14), summon (level 2, 1 fire mephit 25%)
Weapon in Hand: 2 Claws [Att: +6, dmg: 1d3+1]
Special Attack: Breath Weapon (15-ft cone, 1d8 fire, DC13 half, every 4 rounds)

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC: 13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP: 15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect: War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand: 2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Remove ads