[LPF] The Lady of Lake Laguna

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki takes a defensive posture and scans the forest surrounding the clearing, including that which is behind the group. In a quiet whisper that is probably loud against the eerie silence, "Whoever did this may still be near by."

Caim

First Post
"Is what dead? The wind or the body that is torn to shreds. Have you ever been around dead things before Master Paladin? My guess would be that if it is alive, it is an unnatural life that holds it." Mortar sets his hammer back in its holster and removes he bow. "We should proceed with caution," he begins as he pulls an arrow from his quiver "the beast could lurk nearby."

[sblock=OOC]
Wow, guess we had the same thoughts...wonder if my rolls will suck the entire game.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Heal would be good. A profession in mortician or knowledge in physiology or anatomy would be perfect but I never find those in DnD or Pathfinder books. ;)

CootaR

First Post
TO Action!

I draw my Great AX and look around nervously. I'm not 100% on why, but I see others drawing their weapons so I follow suit.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Upon closer examination the body seemed to be that of a male human who had worn simple travelling clothes. Yoshiki had the sharpest eye in the dwindling light from the falling sun, pointing out wounds from the side of the corpse and that the ribcage was exposed and shattered. Elros nodded, noting that the wounds had come from some kind of animal which had eaten through flesh, sinew, and bones.

As the party searched further a snapping of twigs was heard to the northwest of the hill, but the crashing sound ceased and after a moment they continued the investigation.

Yoshiki commented that other parts of the body along the arms and face had been gnawed to the bone. Although those wounds were exposed and the left arm, both legs, and the neck had been bent and broken into unnatural angles, there seemed to be little blood on the altar itself. Elros agreed again, and theorized that the man may have been killed a few days ago, but brought to the altar only recently. Mortar confirmed his suspicions, noting that the natural trail of broken plants created from the body being dragged had wet sap along the crushed vegetation, meaning that the corpse was likely brought only hours before. A half-full backpack miraculously survived with only small rips and holes, and was still on the dead man's shoulders.

The noise to the northwest was heard once more, but closer and a shadow of movement could be barely seen circling the hill among deep bushes. A similar noise followed by the heavy breathing of a large pig or boar pierced the air to the south of the hill, though the party members had bunched on the opposite side. The adventurers suddenly felt as if they were being approached on both sides for tactical advantage, a sign of intelligence simple animals should not possess.

OOC: Whatever is coming your way will be up the hill in two rounds. It's hard to get a shot off at the creatures due to the vegetation and light due to the position of the setting sun. DM now requesting combat actions.

deisenhut

First Post
DT said:
DM now requesting combat actions.

Being basically a melee fighter, Yoshiki takes a total defensive stance until he has something he can see to attack. (+4 AC: Regular and Touch AC now 21)

"Their coming from both sides!! Put our backs together so they can't flank us!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases