log in or register to remove this ad

 

[LPF] The Lady of Lake Laguna

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: oops, sorry. If you are attacking or making a skill check, then roll for that attempt and damage also. I'll roll fo the boars' attack and damage tonight and summarize results.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Elros will attack the nearest boar

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]
HP: 22/22
AC: 17, Touch 14, Flat Footed 13
Initiative: +4
CMB: +4
CMD: 18
Fort: +4 +1 against fear
Ref: +4
Will +0, +2 vs. enchantment spells and effects
Speed 30'

Comp Longbow (ranged): +8 = +2(BAB) + 4 (Stat) +1 (Feat) +1 (Mwk)(1d8+2)X3 Range: 100', +1 atk and dmg within 30'

Longsword: +4 = +2(BAB) + 2 (Stat) (1d8+2)19-20 X2


Immune to Sleep spells
Low-Light Vision
Perception +2

link to full sheet[/sblock]
 
Last edited:



Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC:

Order is as follows by Initiative Roll:
- Krag: 23
- Elros: 22
- Kanli the Mad: 14
- Mortar Foehammer and Boar 1: 13
- Yoshiki Akita: 10
- Boar 2: 9

Krag was the first to put himself into a ready position, but he held back as he watched the nearest boar move to attack.

Elros didn't wait, but instead moved forward and cut a deep and bloody gouge into the flank of the second boar (-8 hps to second boar). Seeing Elros so engaged, Kanli followed with an attack on the wounded creature, eliciting a pained grunt as his glowing hand smacked the beast on its snout, causing a welt to appear on it (-3 hps to second boar).

Mortar was aiming towards the south to cover Elros, but as soon as he heard the first boar burst out from the north, he quickly turned and let fly with a shot that grazed its hind leg (-4 hps to first boar).

The first boar attacked at the same time, driving its tusks towards Yoshiki's legs, though the monk went to parry its attack as a defensive measure. As it struck out, Yoshiki managed to draw the creature off with a quick sweep of its front paw, causing it to awkwardly stumble by. Simultaneously, Krag's greataxe ripped through the air with force that was felt by his comrades, but his weapon fell just short of the boar.

The second boar's injuries turned it to rage towards Elros, but the nimble fighter easily side-stepped the attack.

OOC: Need actions and rolls. Combat order will stay the same until the end of this encounter. If this was my own house rules that critical miss by the first boar would have given the party the potential to do some severe damage. Instead, I just affected its facing so that the next combat round starts with its rear towards Yoshiki and Krag and its nose pointed at Mortar. As long as Mortar doesn't disturb this dangerous positioning, Yo and Krag will have flanking attacks this round on the first boar.
 
Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC about Round 1]
Boar 2 needs to make a DC 16 Fort save or lose 1 Strength (I don't think that changes anything). Also, the boar now has the Bleed 1 condition and loses 1 HP at the start of each of their turns (including the one just happening).
[/sblock]

Kanli looks on approvingly as the welt on the boar he touched festers and opens. "There! I told you my hands were spending too much time at the ends of my arms. This is much better."

Quickly he looks around, comparing the two boars. "This other one needs the gift of blood," he observes. Stepping away from the melee he is in, Kanli sucks in a large pint of air, and spits out a gobbet of blood at the boar fighting Yoshiki.

He takes hold of his axe and remarks, "Who wants red meat?"

[sblock=OOC for Round 2]
5' step, Acid Bolt at Boar 1, draw Greataxe.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

deisenhut

First Post
OOC: Ouch, if that hit it would have taken me down.

With the large boar's hind side exposed to him after his quick dodging maneuver, Mortar distracting the beast on the front end, and the adrenaline pumping, Yoshiki lets loose a flurry of attacks against the creature. First a fist hitting hard against the creature's hind quarter and second a powerful kick across the creature's side. As he does so, fire seems to light up in his eyes and transfers to his fist. Though Yoshiki doesn't seem to have the proper balance after dodging for his attacks to have any real effect against the beast. (Curse you die roller!!)

OOC: Flurry of Blows, first strike including Elemental Fist (plus 1d6 fire damage if hit). AC now 17. Rolls include flanking. If no flanking because Mortar moves, I'll still attack, but will try to move 5 feet to the side to provide flanking where Mortar moved or simply to allow Krag to find flanking on his turn.
 
Last edited:




Caim

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Mortar will move to the nearest boar and drop his bow and remove the earth breaker froms its harness. [/sblock]
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: In addition to damage from this round, the second boar took a hit point of bleeding last round. And deisenhunt, I told you we might be playing in dangerous territory with the 1st levels. ;)

The first boar made an anguished and frightened squeal as Krag dealt it a mortal wound, nearly splitting its hind in twain with a strong downward swing from his sword (-16 hps on 1st boar). The staggered beast somehow found the will to fight on, however.

Elros had similar luck, with a quick job along the second boar's neck (-5 hps to 2nd boar).

A jet of acid shot forth from Kanli's outstretched hand, but it failed to connect with his targeted boar. The half-orc quickly shrugged, then swung his axe to fall into his ready hands.

Mortar and the first boar met at the center of the conflict, with the dwarf dropping his bow for his melee weapon, and the dying boar taking a step before aiming unsuccessfully for Mortar's left kidney (-1 hp to 1st boar from ferocity).

Yo struck the first boar with another minor wound, though the beast seemed to be oblivious to pain at this point.

The second boar struck out at Elros once more, as it saw him as the greater threat. But blood from his various wounds distracted the beast, and it failed to gore the man (-1 hp to 2nd boar from bleeding).

OOC: Great damage rolls, but horrible attack rolls so far from team boar.
 
Last edited:

Caim

First Post
Mortar gets away from the blow and counters with his own.

[sblock=OOC] This will be my next action unless combat ends due to the death of the boars. Pretty sure thats a miss though...
[/sblock]
 

CootaR

First Post
Krag swings his great ax at the boar he previously decked.

OOC: OOC: not sure if flanking is still applicable due to mortar moving, i will roll without and we can adjust it if it is still applicable.
 

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki continues his assault on the beast's hind side with multiple attacks.

OOC: Likewise, not sure on the flanking. Will try to 5-foot step if able to get into flanking. Numbers below assume no flanking.
 


Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
PCs take some bad hits.

Krag used his sword once more, but although the thrust was strong he missed the squealing boar. Elros also attacked, but once more his luck matched Krag's (OOC: I rolled for the Elros character in order to move the adventure along). Kanli supported Elros, however, with a strong and brutal attack that mortally wounded the second creature and sliced off part of its left tusk and face (-13 hps to second boar, which is now also staggered).

Mortar moved to try and attack the first boar's side, but all he succeeded in doing was ruining his companion's flank maneuver as the boar turned with him and also attacked. The 1st boar countered Mortar, leaving a nasty wound along his right shin and thigh (PC Hit! -9 hps to Mortar. Mortar's current hp: 5/14).

Yo shouted in alarm as Mortar was hurt, stepping to the side to regain a flank against the boar, as he struck out and injured it once more (-4 hps to 1st boar).

The second boar was partly blinded by its own blood and pain, yet tried to gouge Elros with its one good tusk. He made contact with a lucky strike along Elros' lower stomach, piercing armor and threatening the fighter's loosened innards (PC Hit! -12 hps to Elros. Elros' current hp 10/22).

OOC: Both boars are staggered and bleeding. 1st boar losing 1 hp a round from being mortally wounded and ferocity kicking in. 2nd boar losing 2hps a round from the same, and from Kanli's bleeding induced wound. Both will be dead in a matter of rounds if unmolested, and most likely only 1 round if the characters roll another couple hits. But both boars are still very dangerous.
 
Last edited:

CootaR

First Post
pooorrrrrkkkk.... CHOP!

I take a 5 foot step in order to gain any potential flanking advantage on the board if I am not in position. I then swing at the staggered boar. (should be boar 2)

PIGGY EVIL EYE DIE!!

Flanking was not included in the roll

 
Last edited:


deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki continues his series of blows, maneuvering to staying in flanking and squatting down a bit to gain a steady stance. He screams as he lets loose a powerful one-two punch, aiming for vital parts and tenderizing those spare ribs for dinner later.

OOC: Numbers do not include flanking bonuses. Attacking Boar #1.

OOC: I guess I'm doing nothing but tenderizing this thing. I don't like this die roller.
 

Presents for Goblins

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top