[LPF] The Road to Tritower

Aura

Explorer
With the gentle flicker of the campfire ahead to guide them, the group advances on their objective. The breeze blows through the branches of the canopy above, causing intermittent rustling of leaves, as if raked by an unseen force. To the left of the waning campfire, Leira spies a prone figure at the edge of the bushes, dressed in a similar fashion to the dark elf captured earlier. Considering the haphazard placement of limbs, it seems likely it is not conscious.

Down the path to the south, a light approaches, surrounding Anzaldo, Anna and the prisoner in a flickering illumination. Not moving nearly as quickly as the rest of the group, the trio advance at a brisk walk. From behind them, the sound of an owl's hooting can be heard, but no source seen.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]Anzaldo, Anna and the prisoner are 30' off the south edge of the map. The prone figure is in C4. There is a lot of clutter from the camp about, but only the major items are presented. It becomes increasingly obvious A7 is, in fact, the stolen property.

Meanwhile, the shadowy figure is nowhere to be seen.

Map: http://beta.ditzie.com/71559/54af7812da827

EVERYONE is up.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 7/7
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 19/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 0/3

Last Rolls:
Initiative: 12
Perception: 27
Stealth: 16
[/sblock]

Spying his group finally making their way out of the path, Francis bolts out of the trees to the center of their formation. It is clear that he has had a rough go of it, boots covered in mud and random tree belongings in strewn about his hair.

"There's a maniac in the woods up ahead to the right!"
He points at his former location. "He tried separating me head from the neck, but I can't vouch for where he is now. Don't know about you guys, but I'll keep watch from the other side of the path, thank you very much. I bid you the finest of evenings."

With that, Francis tumbles back into the brush, this time on the other side of the path.

[sblock=Actions]Move: K6
Move: K3 (with stealth)[/sblock]
Map after Francis
[sblock=Stealth 29]Stealth to K3: 1D20+11 = [18]+11 = 29
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Hmm... Leira, make a presence in the camp." Karra says with a smirk and then mumbles some words. Suddenly Leira starts growing.

[sblock="ooc"]Cast Enlarge Person on Leira[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Karra
AC: 14 (13 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3
Arcane Pool: 5/5

Current Weapon in Hand: Katana

Spells Prepared:
*Cantrips (DC 14):
Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost
*Level 1 (DC 15):
Color Spray, Enlarge Person
Low-Light Vision
[/sblock]

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

"Ahh, this is...different. Not complaining though!" Leira advances into the camp area itself, cautiously looking about for trouble. She steels herself for any unseen enemy to advance on her.

New Map

[sblock=Actions]
Move
Ready unarmed attack against first enemy to come in range.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leira Olren Mini Stats]

Leira Olren
AC:17 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +1
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Current Weapon in Hand: Urumi, +5, Damage: 1d8+4, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: S
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed) +6, Damage: 1d3+4, Crit: 20/x2, Type: B, First Unarmed Attack does 1.5x Str Damage
Current Conditions in Effect: Dragon Style, Enlarge Person, -2 Dex, -1 AC, -1 Attack, +2 Str, 10' Reach
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=epicbob]Just need Brandon's action, then we can move on. Otherwise I'll need to DMPC him to keep the action running.[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

[sblock=Grease spell]DC 15, 10-ft square centered between B3 and D4[/sblock][sblock=Backpack]Backpack dropped at L-6[/sblock][sblock=New Map]http://beta.ditzie.com/71559/54b8f441da94d[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Sorry for taking so long.[/sblock]Brandon drops his backpack and uses his newfound speed to move ahead and cast a Grease spell at the enemy's feet. "This is as far as you go!"[sblock=Mini stats] Brandon
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: -2
CMD: 10

Fort: +2 +1
Reflex: +2 +1
Will: +3 +1

Perception: +1
Sense Motive: +6

Initiative: +8

Level 1 spells remaining: 1/4
Elemental rays remaining: 7/7

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect:
-Light spell
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
A Challenge

The group advances forward with the Leira-giantess leading them. Off in the underbrush, the prone drow remains deathly still, not reacting to the sudden greasy onslaught in any way. It becomes more and more obvious that the dark elf is on the ground due to injury or, perhaps, death.

Just as the realization is coming to her mind, Leira feels a hard impact on her shield and hears a dull thud as a dagger deflects off the defensive barrier ineffectively. In her poison-impaired state, she missed the man crouched behind the pile of supplies for Tritower. Position now apparent, the man stands from the crouching position and steps out from behind the pile, shifting his primary blade (a rapier) into his right hand from his left. Nearly six feet tall, the looks her over carefully as he steps forward, his brown eyes flickering off the campfire, highlighting a scar over his left eye. His garb, a collection of heavy travel leathers, seems to be of Venzan origination.

Cook.jpg

"Less than an impressive introduction, I admit,"
he shrugs, his Low Landellian heavily accented with the local Venzan style. "However, let me get to the point. Outside of running off little midgets from my camp, I seek a good fight. Any of you think you can best me, one to one?" He presents his blade with the flourish of a typical street rake. "If so, stand forward and let us see if you are worth your steel!"

[sblock=Combat Stuff]No other opponents are visible. Anzaldo, Anna and the prisoner are still plodding up behind you. I removed the multiple image of Brandon--using a skull for the center of the Grease spell effect and removing his original location entirely. (Epic bob-you can just move tokens instead of making new ones.) This makes B3, B4, C3, C4 all Grease squares.

Leira is Drowsy from the poison (sickened) and Enlarged (per spell). Otherwise, none of the player characters are injured or under effects.

updated map:http://beta.ditzie.com/71559/54bae5e669464[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
Karra walks up to Brandon to see what the ruckus is about.

[sblock="actions"]

-move next to advanced dude

btw Leira is large now, shouldn't the token be 2x2?

updated Map

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Karra
AC: 14 (13 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3
Arcane Pool: 5/5

Current Weapon in Hand: Katana

Spells Prepared:
*Cantrips (DC 14):
Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost
*Level 1 (DC 15):
Color Spray, Enlarge Person
Low-Light Vision
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 7/7
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 19/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 0/3
[/sblock]

The miniature humanoid gasps at the site of quite the enlarged woman. Jeesh... I thought humans were big before! That clown better watch his rear because Francis John III has absolutely NO reservations about stabbing a deserving fellow in the back. Scared by how loud his voice might have sounded, he buckles down and tiptoes through the underbrush in order to get a bit closer to the action.

[sblock=OOC]
Double Move with Stealth to I2
Map after Francis
Stealth +11: 1D20+11 = [13]+11 = 24
[/sblock]

Remove ads