[LPF] The Road to Tritower

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 7/7
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 19/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 0/3
[/sblock]

The silent assault of Francis continues forward, paying little mind to the predicament of his companions. He quietly keeps to himself, humming some forgotten melody in his head.

[sblock]Action: Double move 10 ft. north
Stealth: 1D20+11 = [10]+11 = 21
Map after Francis[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
Karra channels magic into her katana empowering it before taking a swing at the foe.

[sblock="actions"]
swift action -> spend one point from my Pool to give it a +1 enhancement bonus
Attack the Cook: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18
1D8+3 = [5]+3 = 8

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Karra
AC: 14 (13 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3
Arcane Pool: 4/5

Current Weapon in Hand: Katana

Spells Prepared:
*Cantrips (DC 14):
Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost
*Level 1 (DC 15):
Color Spray, Enlarge Person
Low-Light Vision
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
MidRound Update

Cook.jpg
. . . . En Garde!!! . . . .

With Francis continuing his slow but steady sneak up closer to the combat, Karra empowers her blade and swings forcefully, cutting deep into the side of the swordsman, giving him pause. "Well, I was right about that, now wasn't I?" he verbally retorts as the cut begins to quickly bleed, letting any observers know he is losing steam. Poised to strike, the Venzan ruffian doesn't seem like he's going to give up despite his situation.

[sblock=Brandon]Basically, a FULL intervening square of the trees and bushes will give a 50% miss chance, and no ranged attacks are possible with two FULL squares of trees and bushes between attacker and target. So, A1 will put you in a position of not being able to attack (or even see) your target. Is this what you want to do? Using a double move, you could make it to A-3 just as easily by running around the grease spell at B/C-3/4. Let me know.[/sblock]
[sblock=Left to Act]Leira[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Cook.jpg
. . . Spin, parry, thrust! . . .

The swordsman taps Karra's blade with his own lightly, as if a slap on the wrist. "Do you mind, I'm having a little friendly duel with Miss-odd-sword first. I can help you next, but you need to show a little patience! Kids these days!" With a huff, he returns to his task at hand--trading blows with Leira. She buys into a rather well executed fake as he turns his blade off of Karra's, but he fails to capitalize on it.

Leira, for her part, is doing no better, thanks to the lingering effects of the poison. Lashing out at her antagonist both before and after his blow does her no good, her exotic sword fails to connect either time, despite her significant size advantage.

Anna Kallira. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Anzaldo
[section][/section]
Coming up from behind, with Lady Anna and the dark elf captive, the elderly mule driver exclaims, "Priestess, I tink Leira's urt! Tat rake cut 'er!" He points to where the wounded giant stands, as if to indicate her location.

"Take me to her," is the Lady Anna's terse reply. With that, Anzaldo guides her into position behind Leira, careful to avoid the dying fire. She reaches out and touches the giantess, giving a look of realization on her face.

Meanwhile, the prisoner shuffles forward with the rest of the group. Easily keeping up with the much slower priestess, she has ample time for taking in her surroundings. At one point, she looks down and to the left, and, having arrived at the stopping point determined by Anzaldo, sighs and hangs her head.

[sblock=Combat Stuff]Actor (AC, Damage Taken, Spells/Conditions)
Brandon (AC 12, 0 damage, light)
Francis (AC 18, 0 damage, none)
Karra (AC 14, 0 damage, none)
Leira (AC 19, 8 damage, sickened)

Cook (AC 17, 17 damage, none)
Drow 1 (dead)
Drow 2 (dead)

new map: http://beta.ditzie.com/71559/54dafba3b5f8e

Concerning Leira: In order to move things along, I'm taking over Leira until which point her player returns or the combat ends. Since she was engaging in combat at the time of her last post, I cannot simply remove her from the field.

EVERYONE IS UP!
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 7/7
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 19/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 0/3
[/sblock]

Francis continues to sneak forward, trying to be so quiet and elusive that even his location is a mystery to his companions. He approaches the fallen drow bodies, in hopes of searching their bodies for any interesting goodies. Perhaps he is a bit to eager as some twigs crack and crumple under his careless feet.

As he approaches the fallen, he notices that the ground is covered with the greasiest coatings, presumably from the wizard in the party Brandon. Donating a large dose of caution to the cool night wind, Francis decides to risk treading over the greased forest floor anyway. His bare halfling feet provide more than enough friction to carry out his dastardly plans.

[sblock=Actions]Double move to C3 while using stealth entering grease.
Stealth: 1D20+11 = [2]+11 = 13
Acrobatics DC 10 Move in Grease: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23
Map after the halfling[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Francis]B/C-3-4 contains a grease spell (thus the skull in the middle of the 4 squares. Do you wish to change your move to account for that? You'd obviously see it, there is enough light for that.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Thanks for the headsup I appreciate it. I went back and edited my post to reflect the DC 10 acro roll and the proper roleplay. I figured that wouldn't be a problem since no one else had acted yet. Let me know if there's anything else you need me to do.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Hmm... No. Waiting would take too much time. Karra replies to the snarky remarks and then swings her Katana at him.

[sblock="actions"]

Attack the cook: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21
1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Karra
AC: 14 (13 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3
Arcane Pool: 4/5

Current Weapon in Hand: Katana

Spells Prepared:
*Cantrips (DC 14):
Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost
*Level 1 (DC 15):
Color Spray, Enlarge Person
Low-Light Vision
[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

Brandon sends out another ray of lightning at the duelist, although he looks less confident in his accuracy.

[sblock=Elemental ray attack and damage roll]Elemental Ray (Lightning) ranged Touch attack: 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9
Elemental Ray (Lightning) damage: 1D6 = [2] = 2
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Brandon
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: -2
CMD: 10

Fort: +2 +1
Reflex: +2 +1
Will: +3 +1

Perception: +1
Sense Motive: +6

Initiative: +8