[LPF] Through the Looking Gate

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo watches the dirt fall of their host and is greatly intrigued. Then he thinks he needs to make a quick clothing change. "So this job may get dirty. no need for flashy clothing this time huh?"

jbear

First Post
Maui entered the room and sat down smiling still that Vincenzo had chosen to go on the adventure rather than remain in the city playing scoundrel to the ladies. He shakes the half elf's hand awkwardly, obviously unaccustomed to this custom himself. He had become accustomed to this part of the adventuring process though, the part where the boss said a lot of things he didn't really understand before they could actually get going and doing something. He stifled a yawn.

Having no idea what a crypt is the jungle warrior does understand bits and pieces and tries to put enough of it together to get the general drift. "Maui is good at finding te lost things" he states simply. "So you lose a crypt. And you want te heroes to find it? Am I following?"

[sblock=ooc] SK sent me a message saying that I had Maui's XP slightly wrong. He actually has 20,855 xp at the moment.

CHeers
J
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lvl 6 Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (Touch 13; FFt 18)
HP: 58 Current: 58
CMB: +9 CMD: 21 Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +8

Conditions:

In Hand:
Scimitar +1: +10; 1d6+6 (Crit 18-20:x2)
and Heavy Shield

Spells: Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Know Direction, Detect Poison
1st: Obscuring Mist; CLW 2/2; Entangle
2nd: Bull's Strength 2/2 , Bark Skin 2/2
3rd: Mad Monkeys, Greater Magic Fang, Delay Poison, Communal
Wild Shape: 3/3 uses left per day
[sblock=Leopard Shape]
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 15 , touch 15 , flat-footed 12
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee:Bite +10; 1d8+6; 2 Claws: +10; 1d4 +6 dmg
View attachment 57927
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lizard Bird Shape]
Deinonychus
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 15 , touch 15 , flat-footed 12
Speed 60 ft.
Melee:Bite +10; 1d6+6; 2 Talons: +10; 1d8+6 dmg; Foreclaws: +5; 1d4+3
View attachment 57928
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dire Tiger Shape II]
Dire Tiger
Large Animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 16 , touch 14 , flat-footed 14
Speed 40 ft.
Melee:Bite +11; 2d6+7 (+Grab); 2 Claws: +11 ; 2d4+7 dmg (+Grab)
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6753809_f520.jpg
[/sblock]

Wand of CLW Uses: 14/16
Wand of Magic Fang: 46/50
Wand of Speak with Animals: 48/50
Potions: CLW 2/2
Flasks: Holy Water 2/2
Sling Bullets: 19/20

Taniwha
Initiative: +7
AC: 22
HP: 50 Current: 50
CMB: Trip/Disarm +10 CMD: 25 (29 vs Trip) Fort: +7 Reflex: +11 Will: +3

Conditions:

Bite: +10 ; 1d6+4 dmg; special: Trip
2x Claws: +10; 1d3+4 dmg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

soulnova

Explorer
"Sorry if we got ahead of ourselves. We have quite a history of fighting undead lately. The mention of a crypt, well... we just assume. There's always dead things on crypts. Let's just hope they stay that way" she smirks and takes a seat.

"A crypt is..." she turns to Maui to clarify ".... a chamber where people laid they dead to rest. A sort of burial site underground..." she hopes the explanation was enough. "Seems like it was hidden a long time and people forgot about it until now"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"A crypt is..." she turns to Maui to clarify ".... a chamber where people laid they dead to rest. A sort of burial site underground..." she hopes the explanation was enough. "Seems like it was hidden a long time and people forgot about it until now"

Vincenzo looks to Maui and nods in agreement that she speaks truly.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem also came in, having been invited by his old companions. "Well, I can't say I'm a stranger to the undead now. I've got a decent idea of what we may be expecting, so I'll just need a moment to purchase some things, but otherwise I'm in. Sorry for being late, though. Tummy was growling and needing satisfying. I made sure to get the fat one we recently rescued a meal, too. Poor chap needed a second helping." Thus saying, Lem pats his stomach happily.

OOC: Thanks for the invites!

jbear

First Post
Maui gets it. "Crypt" he repeats to lodge the word in his vocabulary. "Maui has been in one of te crypt of Vezna. Whenua Tapu. So, where do we look for te crypt. And what do we do when we find it?" ​Maui likes to cut to the chase.

jackslate45

First Post
Dellrian smiles at the appearance of both Maui and Lem. "Excellent! The more the merrier! Now then, to business."

Leaning forward slightly, Dellrian's expression and tone change to match the serious expression on his face. "As your friends have already mentioned, this crypt was indeed lost to us. First some background. Part of the Lower Guild's responsibility in Ranocchio is the distribution of medicinal care to those that are injured. Given the districts violent nature, our supplies are always on the edge running out. We have special rangers of the Guild responsible for looking for healing herbs south of Venza, gather them up, and return to the Guild. While we know have access to magical healing, it is not always accessible to be used."

"About a week ago, one of these rangers saw that an odd storm seemed to be stirring about 10 miles south west from where she was gathering the plants. When she went to investigate, she found a crypt of an unknown origin over which the storm seemed to be brewing. No rain seemed to be falling over the crypt, however there was a significant amount of lightning and thunder being generated. With her report, the Guild determined this to be worth investigating. Gathering up some of our better trained rangers, and some cleric's of Serroth, a research team was deployed to observe it for a few days. What we had found matched what the ranger reported earlier, with one additional fact: The storm seems to be growing stronger. After 3 days of observation, we decided we needed to see what was going on."

At this point, Dellrian's expression turns to one of extreme sadness. "Our attempt to enter the crypt was met by strong resistance. What appeared to be a bolt of lighting shot down from the sky, and seemed to dart around the battle field, decimating our research team. As we had not expected to see this kind of resistance, most of our team did not make it. I looked on in horror at the sight, and determined that this was something we needed assistance in researching. At once, I returned back to the Lower Guild with the survivors to request additional funding to hire more experienced people. Then, I turned around to come here."

The look of serious returns to Dellrian's face as he continues, but with a more intense fire in his eyes. "There are 2 of things I would like the 6 of you to do. First, I would request that you find some way to enter the crypt. I am sure that you will find more resistance inside, so prepare yourselves. Second, find out what is causing this unnatural storm that is occurring over this crypt, and put an end to it. The storm has grown in size since it first appeared, and I fear it will only continue to grow. Something tells me that the storm and the crypt are related in some way." With a sigh, the half elf drops his serious face, and looks up around hopefully. "Now, are there any other questions?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem says, "What other kind of resistance was encountered? You mentioned a battlefield, so can you tell us what types of opponents were faced?

Did they come from the crypt or were they stationed outside?

We may need supplies before we depart. Are you able to help with equipment costs?"
Lem takes a moment to breathe. He fired off the questions a bit too fast, so he decided to stop long enough to take a quick nibble from a scone he had stashed.

"Finally, and most importantly... you mentioned healing herbs for medicinal purposes. I am also a herbalist. Would you recommend any of the rare herbs in the area of the crypt for use in cooking, or perhaps just for a decent broth or garnish?"

kinem

Adventurer
"Good questions, Lem. I am able to prepare a spell that could help protect one person to some extent against lightning, but protection is ... not my specialty. However, if I can get the proper scrolls, I should be able to help protect the lot of us by learning the more advanced communal spell or merely casting it from the scrolls" Menik explains.

jbear

First Post
"Do not fear. Tane will protect us from te ... lighting. In te morning Maui will pray to Tane. Tane will listen.

So ... te crypt is not lost. It is te Found Crypt that calls te Thunder Fire from te sky... If there are more dangers that you know, tell us, and perhaps Tane can help us more. Is there danger getting to te Found Crypt? Or danger begins with te Thunder Fire Storm?"
enquires Maui.

[sblock=OOC] I can change a level 3 spell for Resist Energy Communal as long as we manage to rest before we reach the location (which seems logical). That gives us 60 mins of Resist 10 Electricity divided between us, so 10 minutes each... I can use 2 lvl 1 slots for Resist Energy to make sure all pets can have protection too. So sorted there... as long as it takes no longer than 10 mins to get in... [/sblock]

Remove ads