• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Toad in the Hole

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Little man, using the word 'fun' in such a way is a figure of speech, it does not always mean that one intends to have fun." Fae'shiel says with a grimace remembering how much this young human had annoyed her previously.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus looks up from his journal, eyebrows up a little at Fae'shiel's casual address. He smiles a little himself and nods to her.

You as well. I trust you are none the worse for wear from that wonderful trip through that wonderful tower?

His smile turns a little wry as he references the tower. He responds with a nod to both Maui and Taniwha, though he does eye the feline curiously. He shrugs.

Yes, a figure of speech. Although who knows, since I arrived in Venza, I've met some very fun sorts of people. Then again, I've also met some not so fun ones.

The Half-elf shrugs and settles back to his chair, the small book in his lap, for the moment forgotten.

Maui, is it? I don't place your accent, where are you from?

[sblock=Marcus Cole]
Marcus Cole

Initiative: +5
AC: 17 Touch: 14 Flatfoot: 13
HP: 22 Current: 22
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +6 Will: +2

Weapon: Longbow, Composite (2 str):
Attack: +5
Damage: 1d8+2
Crit: 20x3
Special: Allows up to 2 STR bonus applied to damage
Ammo: Arrows - Remaining: 35
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the bad typing above, tried to go back and fix a word and the forums are in one of their not wanting to save edits moods. The first 'wonder' should also be 'wonderful' when addressing Fae'shiel. Figured it out...take it to advance mode and it works. Huzzah! :p[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"The tower incident could have gone better. But still, I am fine. Though I do feel a slight migraine coming on." Fae'shiel says as she inclines her head ever so slightly in Maui's direction.

jbear

First Post
"Little man, using the word 'fun' in such a way is a figure of speech, it does not always mean that one intends to have fun." Fae'shiel says with a grimace remembering how much this young human had annoyed her previously.
Maui completely misses the fact that Fae'shiel is speaking to him until she finishes her sentence. It simply does not come into his range of expectations that someone would call him 'little man'.

When it begins to dawn on him that the comment was for him at first he frowns trying to make sense of what she said, but then suddenly connecting the other dots.

"Little man?" growls Maui. "You bait Maui again with your insults! Bite your tongue, Forgotten Daughter! Or I will make sure you never find your way home!"

Veins swell in his neck, forehead and arm and Taniwha omits a deep growl and begins twitching his tail, hackles raised. Only Marcus' words pull him from the edge of reason where he teeters dangerously.

"My home, Marcus? I am from across te sea far west of your lands. My people call our island Aotearoa. Your people ... Te Company... they call it Sealland.

The last word he spits as though the very sound of the word disgusts him.

"So if I understand it ... no one knows what we are doing here."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
OOC: It's really unfortunate that the rules of Living Pathfinder forbid player vs. player combat. Or Fae'shiel might be inclined to knock Maui down a peg or two.

Fae'shiel listens only half-heartedly to the druid's bluster and then says "With every word that you speak you only prove just how immature that you happen to be human. You may be an elder in your village, but when in the company of an Elf, or even the company of the Dwarfkin, you are as young as a bird compared to the mighty Oak Tree."

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Oh, really? Then you should probably (as a player) relax a peg or two.[/sblock]

Maui's eyes narrow. Taniwha almost to his feet is caught by the scruff of his neck by his master. He strokes the big cat and murmurs in his language.
"Ko te Pokokohua na, Taniwha. E noho e hoa, e noho."

His smile is devoid of humour as he responds.

"I pity you Forgotten Daughter. Even if you found your way home, your sisters would close te door in your face. For all your years you know nothing."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Trust me, for Fae'shiel this is relaxed. Her sword is sheathed last I checked, and she has not raised her voice. Just because she is being slightly condescending towards Maui does not mean she isn't relaxed.[/sblock]

"Human, what on earth makes you think I am in any way lost. Or that I don't know my way home. Or that somehow I have been disowned by my people." She asks Maui. She then looks down at the solid gold bracelet that is inlayed with fine elven filigree and says "I am of Noble Birth. I am one of the few Harran Elves that is free to come and go between the human realms and the elven realms without being stopped by the forest watch. So you would do well to remember that the next time you speak ill of me."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus watches the exchange between the Elven maiden and the human with cat. He doesn't move, though he does notice the cat's reaction. What little tension he had started to feel eases as the cat is relaxed, such as it is, and turns his gaze to Fae'shiel, then back to Maui. In an effort to, strangely for him, provide a diplomatic way out for everyone, he speaks.

I think, from what I have gathered, they need help with recovering some items that were taken by people that the items don't belong to. And something about exterminating some pests. Those pests, likely, those responsible for stealing the items. Or so I assume. Is that what you thought?

He turns an inquisitive look toward Fae'shiel, then looks at the others.

Caim

First Post
"Te brown water is no good anyway. It just makes te belly fat and te waters run."

"Aye, that it does...that it does." He lets out chuckle of his own.

Mortar greets the remaining members as they enter the conference and as they begin to exchange words. "It would seem theres a bit of bad blood between the two of ya. Please remember we are here for the client and can hold that bad blood in check to accomplish the tasks at hand, well that will soon be at hand." Mortar scratchs his chin as he finishes. "Tasks that should be presented shortly." He looks through the door almost impatiently.

[sblock=Please Read]I've read almost all the dialogue between Fae'shiel and Maui, including the DWI thread, and it would seem there is some tension. I'm not pointing any fingers at either of you but I'm asking out of respect for myself and the others involved in the game, including the GM, to please don't let it effect the game in a negative way. I'm all for in game banter between characters but it seems its getting personal for some reason. Again please do not take this as an attack against either of you.[/sblock]

Remove ads