[LPF] Toad in the Hole

Systole

First Post
[sblock=Fae'shiel]As you come through the bushes, you see the source of the singing: a rather pretty, apparently human woman in a high-necked red dress. The woman is lounging on the grass next to the water and combing her hair. She doesn't look up at Fae'shiel, but it's clear that she's aware of the elf's presence.

Beyal_150.jpg
[/sblock]
The singing stops, and the party can hear a woman begin to speak. "To what do I owe the honor of your presence, Princess of the Fey?" she asks, the barest hint of mockery in her voice. "And you might tell the others that while I understand their caution, I generally prefer good manners."

GM: The words are a pretty clear suggestion that you should approach, but whether you want to follow that suggestion is up to you. Perception and K:Nature (if trained) for Fae'shiel and anyone who moves up to look.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"While I may be a Noble, I am hardly a Princess. Though I am sure you already knew that. After all what Sidhe Princess would be wandering out in a foreign wood without a full diplomatic entourage?" Fae'shiel says as she looks around cautiously trying to assess the situation. If this creature was what she thinks it is, then it is entirely possible that there are charmed creatures laying in wait in the surrounding woods. But hopefully that is not the case.

She then turns back to the woman and says "You must forgive my comrades, I asked them to stay back as I was uncertain of your intentions and preferred to determine them myself rather than risk their safety. I meant no disrespect."

OOC: to quote Star Wars... "I have a bad feeling about this."

Last edited:

Caim

First Post
Mortar moves from the thick brush and comes into view. "Forgive me if I prefer to keep some distance between us fer now." He stands with bow still in hand.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +4
AC: 19 Touch: 12 Flat: 15
HP: 25 Current: 25
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Ref: +6 Will: +2

Conditions in Effect: None

Current Weapon in Hand: Comp. Longbow[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui wanders out of the trees pottering about looking for toadstools. He obviously has not been hearing the conversation going on.

"Oh. Oops. Sorry. I thought I was going te other way."
Maui covers his eyes and peeps through the crack of his fingers.

"I will not be kissing you under te water until I die or falling in te depths of love with you, Water Spirit. Though I would not you blame you if you fall in love with Maui. Taniwha! Haere mai! What do you think you are doing? Stop being impest... te pest!"

Taniwha has padded up the the figure and is sniffing about her obviously completely without fear or intention of aggression, and for now the big cat is ignoring his master's command to heel.

"You can be forgetting te buffalo milk when we are going back to te Hall of Heroes!"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo steps out of the trees and bows gracefully.

"I believe he is looking for the word Impetuous" gesturing to the young jungle cat, "Vincenzo del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio II - at your service."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus stands up slowly, showing the arrow outstretched and being returned to the quiver, though he keeps the bow in his hand. He follows the others stepping into the clearing, his senses still on alert. As the others introduce themselves, he follows suit.

Marcus Cole.

He inclines his head in a bit of an informal bow.

Systole

First Post
[sblock=Maui]You recognize the woman as a fey creature known as a huldra. The long dress covers up an animal tail and a hole in her back that's made out of bark. They consider it extremely impolite to draw attention to either of these things -- it's also why she's wearing a dress.

While they occasionally do take human lovers, there's not usually any 'luring men to their death' involved. However, they are wild fey who don't necessarily think like humans, and they can be capricious and dangerous to those who aren't careful.[/sblock]
[sblock=Marcus]As the woman stands up, you notice there's an extra twitch of movement beneath her skirts, and twice -- first when she leans down to pat Taniwha and then when she curtsies -- you can briefly see the tip of a fox's tail below the hem of her dress.[/sblock]
The woman rises lithely to her feet, and sighs at Mortar. "Always so ... dour, you dwarves. Once upon a time, I would have been quite offended, but I suppose I must have gotten used to it when your kind was here before."

She leans down to greet Taniwha very warmly, scratching the jungle cat between the ears. She rolls her eyes at Maui, however. "For someone who travels with two kings of the forest at his side, you really should learn better manners."

She seems unimpressed with Marcus' halfheated acknowledgement, but returns Vincenzo's bow with a deep curtsy. "You may call me Beyal, Vincenzo del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio the Second. If you are indeed at my service," she says with a playful smile, "then you should repeat it twice more, so that I could be absolutely certain of your intentions. Or perhaps you'll instead tell me what brings you traipsing through my forest?"

Something tells Vincenzo that saying "I am at your service" three times might not be in his best interests...

Beyal_150.jpg

.......... Beyal ..........

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo's face pales visibly, his mouth opens, then he closes it - deferring to the words to be spoken by Fae'shiel

jbear

First Post
Maui's eyes go wide as he recognises the creature for what it is.

"Taniwha! Haere mai! Inaianei!"

Maui ignores him plopping his head down in her lap and purring at her caress.

"Maui has manners! Taniwha, on te other side, as Handsome Blade says, has te small head of a flea on te dog! Haere mai!"

No response from Taniwha.

"Maui recognise you Daughter of te Sly. Don't be making te promises to this one Handsome Blade. She will take your words and twist them around you like the vines of te Cat Claw tree! And this may be your forest, but Tane is Father of all Forests. I am one of Tane's mokopuna! So I can walk this forest without asking for te permission from te Daughter of te Sly!"

Maui stops suddenly.

"Wait ... Maui travels with two kings of te forest? Two?"

Maui counts on his fingers up to two.

"Tane is King of te Forest and stands with cool leaves above Maui's head ... but who is te other king who travels with Maui?"

It seems Maui has already become inadvertently tangled with her words.

Systole

First Post
Beyal kneels so she can take Taniwha's head in her lap. "Tane watches over you. The kings travel with you," she says to Maui. To Taniwha she adds, "Not only ill-mannered, but a bit obtuse as well, don't you think? I can't imagine why you put up with him."

Beyal_150.jpg

.......... Beyal ..........

Remove ads