[LPF] Toad in the Hole

Caim

First Post
Mortar moves to stand next to Maui as he finds the back door. "I'll watch yer back." He says in a low tone.

[sblock=OOC]Mortar puts his bow away and draws his earth breaker.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo nods and starts off in the directed location. Once by Maui's location he keeps the roof direction covered while Marcus and Morter arrive. Once they arrive he switches to an Ivory handled rapier of very fine make.

Systole

First Post
The party lines up near the rear entrance to the tower, ready to move in.

From outside, Maui can see that most of the tower's floor has fallen away, and a mostly intact staircase leads down into the basement.

GM: Map is below. Please note the key in the lower right corner. If the positioning is acceptable, please make Perception rolls and we'll start moving in.

As a small creature, Taniwha can move through the crack, but it will be difficult terrain for Mortar (10'), and extra-difficult terrain for everyone else (15'). Additionally, being in R6 will give the squeezed condition for everyone except Taniwha.

[sblock]
TOWER_0.png
[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC]looks fine to me[/sblock]

Fae'shiel joins the others at the back entrance to the tower. Though she still holds rear guard so as to not allow the group to be snuck up on. Hopefully if anything tries to sneak up on the group she will be aware of it well before whatever it is gets the drop on the group.

[sblock=Mini Stats] Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Hit Points: 18 // Current: 18
BAB: +1 CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +3

Current Weapon: M.W. Longsword +4 (+2 w/ S.C.), 1d8+2, CRIT: 19-20/x2
Secondary Weapon Composite Longbow +4, 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x2, Range: 110 ft, Ammo: 20 Arrows

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 4 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
2/3 First Level Spells Remaining
Cantrips Memorized (DC 13) : Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
First Level Spells (DC 14) : Color Spray, Grease, Burning Hands
Arcane Pool: 3/4[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Taniwha passes through the gap with ease and quickly pads towards the stairs where he drops into a low crouch ready to snap at anyone who might appear suddenly.

Maui follows suit but is slowed considerably by the narrow entrance. As he moves he tries to get a look over the edge to see if perhaps there is water down there where the king might be splashing about.

[sblock=Actions]
Taniwha moves 50' to O13 and drops into Handle Animal: Guard (readies a bite)
Maui double moves 60' to O12
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo is surprised he can even make it into and through the crack, but he makes it none the less.

Double move: I believe I can make it to O,10

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus approaches and kneels eyeing the opening..

Looks like a tight fit.

He keeps his eyes moving from the opening to the area around them, eyes open and ears as well.

Lady Fae'shiel, if you happen to have a spell that produces light, we might require it once inside, depending on what we find.

The Ranger keeps arrow to string, though not pulled back, keeping aware of the surroundings around them.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel nods, chanting and motioning with one hand a minor spell that produces four glowing orbs that then proceed to move through the opening and into the tower beyond. Fae'shiel says "that should provide the requisite amount of light. Though I suggest we both follow them through shortly. I would rather not be left behind the lights for too much longer."

[sblock=OOC]Cast Dancing Lights (Will'O'Whisp version) and send the lights through the hole.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats] Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
Initiative: +9
Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
Hit Points: 18 // Current: 18
BAB: +1 CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +3

Current Weapon: M.W. Longsword +4 (+2 w/ S.C.), 1d8+2, CRIT: 19-20/x2
Secondary Weapon Composite Longbow +4, 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x2, Range: 110 ft, Ammo: 20 Arrows

Spells Per Day: Can memorize 4 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
2/3 First Level Spells Remaining
Cantrips Memorized (DC 13) : Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
First Level Spells (DC 14) : Color Spray, Grease, Burning Hands
Arcane Pool: 3/4[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Maui is halfway through the wall when Taniwha freezes, giving the druid a moment to react that he might not have had otherwise. The scent of nearby pugwampi reaches the jungle cat just as several of the tiny fey step out from hiding places among the rubble inside the tower.

GM: Surprise round time.
  • Maui, Taniwha, Marcus, and Mortar can act in the surprise round. You get one action.
  • Maui is currently squeezed. He's also blocking the hole. No moving through R6 until Maui is out of the way.
  • All characters are aware that something is happening inside the tower. However, only Marcus is aware of Pugwampi #4.
  • Pugwampi aura of double-rolling unluck is 20'.
  • Taniwha is mysteriously NOT affected but the aura of unluck and instead has a +2 to attack rolls.
  • Pugwampi AC is 13.
[sblock=Map, Surprise Round]
TOWER_S.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui does not hesitate as Taniwha bounds into action, charging at one of the Pugwampi. He charges at another freeing up the entrance for his companions.

[sblock=Actions] Taniwha charges Pugwampi 1
Maui charges Pugwampi 2

[MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION] ... wait. I'm looking at charge rules and it says it is a full round action. In a surprise round that might mean I can't charge. Is a Charge possible?

If not then I'll just move up next to the Pugwampi without attacking. I'll roll just in case.

Sorry, got dice labelled around the wrong way. Maui and Taniwha cross paths as Taniwha is too close to charge the one he is nearest to. So ... Maui vs Pugwampi 2 and Taniwha vs Pugwampi 1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads