• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Tower of Power

Systole

First Post
[sblock=GM]No, but you could coordinate with Aeron if you'd like. You can have Samad say something to him and then assume that he moves to M7 during his attack to set you up.[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
As Paskell ducked away, Samad noted the cobra turning to face him and Aeron, to whom he muttered, "Get around it, we can throw it off," before stepping away. Again he swung, and again his blade met only air.

[sblock=OOC]Attack Roll: 1d20+1=4
No need to roll for damage, even with flanking and timely inspiration that wouldn't hit. I considered using the Aid Another action, but figured that if I can't roll above a 10 normally, hitting the 10 AC would basically be impossible for me to hit anyway. :p

Conceivably, if Paskell moved back into threat range, and Aeron and I stayed where we are and Aided his attack, he could be able to attack with a +7 bonus, not to mention sneak attack. I'm not sure how well we could pull it off though. I think our problem is that we're all gimmick fighters whose main schticks and abilities don't come into their own until later on down the line. :/[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 6/9
CMB: +1 CMD: 14
Fort: +0 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +6, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+1, 1d6+1, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse
Spells Remaining (1st): 2/3

Used Items:
Dagger (1)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Aeron attempts another acid splash and attack, but fumbles a critical syllable and the spell fizzles. Likewise, his attack goes wide. The construct presses its attack on Paskell, but its rusted fangs come up empty.

Ironcobra.jpg

[sblock=GM]Aeron misses, snake misses.

Snake contruct: Near death (?/?? hp), [10 points done, but has some damage reduction] , AC 18 (11 touch).[/sblock][sblock=Map]Skipping the map. With some creative 5-ft stepping, assume you've got a flank.[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
As Paskell realized there was no point trying to get out of the snake's way, he decided to just press the attack until one of them falls first.

[sblock]The snake has reach? :O Oh well another 5ft step back into attacking range for a full attack. Can I do that thing with the asking Aeron into flank position or something? I'm not too sure how the map looks now since we have no map. This rolls will assume that there is flanking so just deduct the +2 if its doesn't work.
Attack Roll: 1d20+2=13, 1d20-3=7
Miss again.[/sblock]
[sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +6 Will: -1
Perception: +5
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
He stepped to one side while the beast lunged as Paskell, yet still found no luck in slaying the serpent as it squirmed away from his sword.

[sblock=OOC]You have flank. I'm opposite you. Not that it would have mattered, mind, but still...
Anyway, I five-foot step to L9 and miss again. Seriously, what's with my rolling? I can't even get high enough to Aid.
Attack: 1d20+3=7

EDIT: I ran an experiment just now. Rolling 20d20+1, I ended up below average and broke 18 AC approximately once.:mad:
20d20+1=193[/sblock]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil

Used Items:
Dagger (1)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Aeron manages to strike the construct with a ball of acid that hisses and smokes as it begins to dissolve the guardian's already-corroded gears. The construct attacks the tiefling, but to no avail.

Ironcobra.jpg

[sblock=GM]Aeron hits with Acid Splash, snake misses.

Snake contruct: Near death (?/?? hp), [3 acid + 10 physical done, but has some damage reduction] , AC 18 (11 touch).

Re: The map. The deal is that once you're down to one enemy and you've established a flank, there's no real reason to start 5 ft stepping. You move, it moves, you move, it moves. If anything, it does more harm than good, since if you take your action first, you're effectively breaking the flank for the other guy. So with all that being said, if you want to backpedal slowly around the room, that's fine, but it doesn't change the combat much and it just means I have to keep uploading new maps of Round X that aren't functionally different from Round X-1 or Round X+1.[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
Paskell continued with his attack but found that this snake is a lot harder than Tulok. "do we have anything else we can do?"

[sblock=OOC]Well actually thought if I get enough distance I can charge eventually. The +2 from flanking doesn't help a lot.
Attack: 1d20+2=11, 1d20-3=10
Miss again.[/sblock]
[sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +6 Will: -1
Perception: +5
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Again, the snake danced away from Samad's waiting blade as again it leapt forth. To Paskell he called, "You wounded it greatly before. If I and Aeron were to give you an opening, could you do it again?"

[sblock=OOC]Attack Roll: 1d20+1=7
Y'know, I have less than a 50% chance to break 10 AC. Unfortunately, Invisible Castles is treating it like Rosencrantz treats coin-flipping.

...Hmm... do you think it would be immune to a demoralize check?[/sblock]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil

Used Items:
Dagger (1)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Aeron manages to scratch the construct, but the snake is unable to respond in kind.

Ironcobra.jpg

[sblock=GM]Aeron hits attack, snake misses.

Snake contruct: Near death (?/?? hp), [3 acid + 16 physical done, but has some damage reduction] , AC 18 (11 touch).[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads