[LPF] Tower of Power

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"Aye..." he turned away from the edge and headed towards the stairs, "Let's go."
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, I don't see any reason to give up on my character just yet, especially now that he's unlocked Dervish Dance.[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 9/16
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +0 Reflex: +6 Will: +3
Perception: +7, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Scimitar (+3, 1d6+2, 18-20 x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Inspire Courage
Spells Remaining (1st): 1/3

Used Items:
Dagger (3)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
A trip down the stairs reveals that the door which once opened into the dwarven crypt on the third floor now opens to air and sunshine. The troglodyte which had been savaged by the crocodile has bled out, and Aeron is looking decidedly pale as well. The tiefling does suggest skinning the beast, as its white hide would surely fetch a good price on the market.

There's little left to do besides search the rubble, but amazingly two of the sarcophagi survived the fall intact and are relatively close to the surface. Whatever bones they bore have long since decayed, and but one of the sarcophagi holds a gleaming silvery chain shirt, which you guess to be mithril. The workmanship on it is exquisite. Another has a beautiful red silk shirt which is rather dusty but otherwise immaculate condition, so its clearly magical. A bit of experimentation reveals its nature, which grants a burst of speed once a day. Of the troglodyte chieftan's corpse there is no sign, either visual or olfactory. It seems he must be buried deep.

When you get back to Mallack's farm, you find that Dane, Biaggio, and the wagon have already departed. Mallack is slopping the pigpens when he sees you, and he stops his work and leans on his shovel, still ankle-deep in muck. He greets you with his usual reserve. "Heard a noise and saw the dust cloud come up a while ago. I figured maybe that was you taking care of business. You fellers all right?" He glances up at the sun. "It's a little after noon by my reckoning. You're welcome to stay, but you could make the road and catch a wagon to Venza if'n you want to get along. I know how impatient you city folk are."

ivio_150_zpsfde60585.jpg

...... Ivio Mallack ......

GM: Mithril chain shirt and Quick Runner's Shirt for the loots. Final tally will be in the next day or three.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"It is true I long to get back, but now I am weary, so perhaps it would not be so bad to stay here another night. Just as well, Aeron should have some rest first, with his leg as it is." He looked at Paskell, "What do you think?"
[sblock=OOC]Dibs on the magic shirt. :p If Paskell takes the Mithral chain, then Samad can probably get the Mwk one as well.[/sblock]
[sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
HP: 9/16
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Inspire Courage
Spells Remaining (1st): 1/3

Used Items:
Dagger (3)[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
"Yeah, business is done and we're all right cept the tiefling's leg" Paskell said before agreeing with Samad that "I'm alright with staying another night. I don't want to take the chance of not finding a wagon on the road with Aeron like this along with wolves and escaped lizard monsters prowling the place."
[sblock=OOC]darn, thought there will be more looting opportunities. I know we didn't examine the floor we left the crocodile corpse yet since we were in a rush to get at the boss so no items left there? Also, possible to bring those broken snake with us? If I recall right, cobra thingies are quite expensive or should I roll appraise? I think Aeron has survival for the skinning.[/sblock]
[sblock=Paskell's Mini Stats]
Tengu.jpg

Paskell
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +0 CMD: 14
Fort: 0 Reflex: +7 Will: -1
Perception: +6
Initiative: +4
Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect: Finesse

Used Items:
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC]In LPF, the total loot value is fixed based on time played and encounter CR. You should each end the adventure with about 4000-5000 gp worth of cash and items. So if you find X gp worth of items, the Guild will pay you 5000 minus X gp.

You can keep the croc skin if you want to make some swanky boots out of it -- it's basically flavor. And the iron cobras are buried in the rubble.

My computer isn't up yet. I'll probably just recalc everything this afternoon.[/sblock]

omnitricks

First Post
[sblock]Ahhhh ok thanks for clarifying. Thought that if all else fails I can try fixing the cobra and having an alternative weapon :p In any case the suggestion about the croc skin sounds interesting. Maybe Paskell will have a cape made from it since every dashing swashbuckler needs a badass cape. That works too right?[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The night passes uneventfully, and you sleep easily despite the smell of the pigs -- after a close encounter with a troglodyte chief, a the smell of pig farm barely registers. In the morning, Mallack sends you off with a hearty breakfast of eggs, biscuits, sausage, bacon and ham. On the way out, the old farmer also gives you a piece of paper addressed to "MIFTRE FALSUNE HEV". It's not sealed, but the handwriting is crabbed and mostly illegible. However, it seems to be a receipt stating that you did indeed solve Mallack's problem.

The walk back to the main road takes a little longer than the walk out, given Aeron's wounded leg, but once you're there, it's easy enough to hitch a ride on a passing cart with a drover who's happy to listen to your tales. He does, however, make you sit downwind. While your noses are thoroughly deadened, apparently there's a lingering aroma of troglodyte and pig that's in your hair and clothes. Or in Paskell's case, in his feathers and clothes.

The drover drops you off near the Land Owners and Cultivators Guild, and you enter to find Fallson Hev hard at work over a stack of parchments. He looks up as you enter, and then his nose wrinkles slightly. "You've been to see Mister Mallack, then? Is all well?" he says. Taking the receipt, he frowns, then sighs. "While I respect the expertise my clients have in the fields of agriculture and animal husbandry, I do so wish they took time to practice their penmanship. However, as far as I'm able to make out, Mister Mallack is satisfied. Did you find any items of worth over ten thousand sovereigns? No? Well then, payment is rather straightforward. Please wait a moment while I fetch it for you."

The old clerk rises and disappears into the back room. You hear the ratcheting noise of a safe being opened, and then the soft clink of coins. A moment later, Hev reappears with small money pouches. "There you go, gentlemen. Thank you, and should another situation arise, we'll be more than willing to call on you again."

fallson_150_zps1b6e2d74.jpg

...... Fallson Hev ......

GM: @Satin Knights will have to clear the math, but you should finish with 3556 xp and 3979 gp worth of cash and goods. So for example, if you take the mithral chain shirt, you'll be receiving 3979-1100= 2869 gp. Technically, I should charge the CLW charges to group funds, but screw it, I'm putting it on the tab of the guys who dropped out.

Available goodies you can take:
Wand of Cure Light Wounds (19 charges) - 285 gp
Masterwork chain shirt - 250 gp
Mithral chain shirt - 1100 gp
Quick runner's shirt - 1000 gp
Belt of tumbling - 800 gp
Bone scythe +1 - 2309 gp

Commander_Fallout

First Post
"Aye sir, well, it was a pleasure working for you." The nomad had been working more on his Common Speech, but he took the opportunity to use his more familiar tongue, "Ma`a as-salāma." He took the pouch Fallson handed him and placed it within his robes, before bowing and turning to the others, "I hope we can work together again soon. Aeron, I shall pray for an early recovery."
[sblock=OOC]I think I'll take the wand, masterwork chain, and QR shirt, since I can use that move action to start a battle dance and still have my other actions available to use (plus, it's already red, which makes me think "Bashu" willed me to have it. :p)[/sblock][sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
HP: 16/16
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse
Spells Remaining (1st): 3/3

Used Items:
Dagger (3)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Just FYI, the shirt says, "Once per day as a swift action, the wearer can take an additional move action to move on his turn." So you can't use that extra action to start a battle-dance, but you could use your regular move to battle-dance and use that action to move.[/sblock]

Remove ads