[LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian just shakes his head at the man's actions. "That was entertaining. I don't suppose you heard enough to figure out why someone would bother stealing your deck?" He asks the gnome as he listens to the haggling going on.

jbear

First Post
Relic stands and takes his manacles from the prisoner.

"Well ... these weren't very effective ... I think I might just sell these for a new hat ... "

Relic pauses before he leaves ....

"If my memory serves me correctly, there is an island to the north, Illi Esse, that fits the young man's description: it's remote, it's unusually attached to the other planes, and it's name is celestial in origin. Perhaps this is the place he speaks of. Perhaps something to chew on another day"

He looks at the ear and at the greedy man slavering after it.

"The greed in your eyes betrays the true worth of such an object, ser! Why if we take it to the Pearl they will give us _______ gp for it! If you want it and avoid the risk of having some other customer with a sharp eye beat you to its purchase, may I suggest you better your offer?"

He awaits a reply, taking a step back from the blood steadily seeping across the floor towards him.

Once the business is concluded he leaves and goes down stairs for a well deserved meal and a drink.

OOC: Do I need approval for level 2 before I can level up to level 3? If that's the case, I'd be very grateful if someone could issue such an approval! :) I think its all okay, the only thing missing are the links to where I learnt a couple of spells from Qik's Quioan's spell book. I can track those down if they are necessary.

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
The gnome shakes his head sadly. "They took it because they thought it'd be worth it - 'a powerful artifact for divination', they thought. Now look what it's gotten them."

"I'll go get someone to clean this up."

Phedilo, meanwhile, is white with shock, first of all at the man's suicide, but also because of all the angst thrown his way. He manages to stammer out, "But...but...I'm a researcher. A collector and...and...purveyor of artifacts. I didn't mean..." He finds that he is unable to finish.

In the aftermath of Vestovian's suicide, the group is able to ascertain that Phedilo's offering price of 1850 gold pieces for the now-deceased man's holy symbol is indeed a fair price - if anything, more than fair. The gnome, for his part, thanks the group for their assistance, and mentions multiple times that he would gladly seek their aid again, should Fate decree it. In the meantime, the group returns to their lives, either continuing to work together or going their separate ways, but the thought of the Ears and their threat lingers in the back of their minds......

OOC: And thus, it ends.

Thanks for being such a great group, All, and for bearing with me as I continue to learn the ropes. Special thanks to Systole and Jbear for a) jumping in on such short notice, and b) forgoing their level ups until after the adventure; I'm really glad the latter didn't get either of you killed. ;) I'm already thinking of a quasi-sequel to this adventure (not to be started until the end of the year, minimum, since I have a lot of traveling to do next month), so I'll keep you all in mind for it, if you'd like, but either way, I enjoyed gaming with you all, and I hope to do so again soon. It's this sort of community of EnWorld that has really has me hooked.

Numbers to come in the following post.

Qik

First Post
Here are the totals, and the math for those who are interested/want to check. I'll be posting all the available gear that was earned, so please make sure to claim what you want, and subtract it from your total. "Part 1" refers to the initial quartet, "Part 2" the quintet we finished with.

Please note that I didn't subtract any of the potions that were bought towards the end, or the healing purchased on Arianna/Daylily's trip to the temple; I trust that you all will suss that out.

Not sure how this works, so...by the magical power of the internet, I summon @perrinmiller .

[sblock=Math] [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Part 1: 18th August to 25 September (39 days)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Encounter Awards: 2870 divided by 4 = 718 XP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] 1795 divided by 4 = 448 GP 7 SP 5 CP[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Time Awards:[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Thuvian/Arianna: 273 XP, 234 GP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Saranna: 429 XP, 429 GP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - HolyMan (28 days): 196 XP, 168 GP[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Pt.1 Totals:[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Thuvian/Arianna: 991 XP, 682 GP 7 SP 5 CP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Saranna: 1147 XP, 877 GP 7 SP 5 CP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - HolyMan: 914 XP, 616 GP 7 SP 5 CP[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Part 2: 26 September to 20 October (25 days)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Encounter Awards: 2270 divided by 4 = 454 XP each, 3204 divided by 5 = 640 GP 8 SP each[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Time Awards:[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Thuvian/Arianna:[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - 10 @ lvl 1: 70 XP, 60 GP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - 15 @ lvl 2: 165 XP, 165 GP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Total: 235 XP, 225 GP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Saranna: 275 XP, 275 GP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Daylily: 375 XP, 425 GP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Relic: [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - 8 @ lvl 2: 88 XP, 88 GP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - 17 @ lvl 3: 255 XP, 289 GP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Total: 343 XP, 377 GP[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Pt.2 Totals:[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Thuvian/Arianna: 689 XP, 865 GP 8 SP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Saranna: 729 XP, 915 GP 8 SP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Daylily: 829 XP, 1065 GP 8 SP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Relic: 797 XP, 1017 GP 8 SP[/FONT]
[/sblock][sblock=Totals] [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- Thuvian/Arianna: 1680 XP, 1548 GP 5 SP 5 CP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Saranna: 1876 XP, 1793 GP 5 SP 5 CP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - HolyMan: 914 XP, 616 GP 7 SP 5 CP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Daylily: 829 XP, 1065 GP 8 SP[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Relic: 797 XP, 1017 GP 8 SP[/FONT]
[/sblock][sblock=Treasure, Pt.1] [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- 6 Daggers (12 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - 36 Darts (18 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- 3 Daggers (6 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - 3 Shortbows (90 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - 60 Arrows (3 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - 2 Scrolls of Locate Object (300 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- 2 Chainmail (300 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - 2 Heavy Steel Shields (40 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - 2 Warhammers (24 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - 2 Light Crossbows (70 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - 40 bolts (4 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- Scroll of Vanish (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Scroll of Comprehend Languages (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Scroll of Detect Thoughts (150 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Scroll of See Invisibility (150 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Elixir of Hiding (250 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Elixir of Vision (250 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Book: Fey and the Natural World (50 gp): provides +2 circumstance bonus to Know (Nature) checks[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Masterwork Thieves Tools (100 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] - Four MW fortune teller decks (200 gp) [/FONT]
- 4 Masterwork books (Knowledges (Arcana/Local/Nature/Religion)) worth 50 gp each.
- 4 Scrolls of Longstrider CL 4 (worth 400 gp) and 4 potions of Cure Light Wounds CL 1 (worth 200 gp)[/sblock][sblock=Treasure, Pt.2]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- Scroll of Blood Transcription (150 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- Scroll of Summon Minor Monster (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- War Paint of the Terrible Visage (100 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- MW Longspear (302 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- The Outer Realms (MW item, +2 Knowledge (Planes)) (50 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- Scroll of Vanish (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- Scroll of Color Spray (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- Scroll of Cause Fear (25 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- Cracked Scarlet and Blue Sphere (+1 Competence Bonus for Know (Arcana)) (200 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- Cracked Pink and Green Sphere (+1 Competence Bonus for Diplomacy) (200 gp)[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- Gems worth 50 gp[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]- Elaborate Necklace worth 50 gp[/FONT]
- Dagger (2 gp)
- Chainmail (150 gp)[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian will take: 1 potion of Cure Light Wounds (50 gp), Mastwork Arcana Book (50 gp), The Outer Realms (50 gp), Scroll of See Invisibility (150 gp), Scroll of Detect Thoughts (150 gp), Scroll of Comprehend Langauge (25), Scroll of Summon Minor Monster (25 gp), 2 Scrolls of Vanish (50 gp total), Scroll of Color Spray (25), Scroll of Cause Fear (25 gp), 2 Scrolls of Locate Object (600 total), 348 gp, 5 sp, 5 cp

OOC: Basically all of the scrolls except blood transcription and longstrider, 2 masterwork books (arcana and planes), and an always useful potion of cure light wounds, along with any remaining value in gp

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna takes:
...305 gp Masterwork Longspear (it is 305 if it is the longspear.)
...100 gp spent in game on two potions of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon
.....50 gp [FONT=Calibri, sans-serif] Elaborate Necklace
..........1 gp spent in game on wooden holy symbol of Tanager
..........1 gp spent in game on beginner's prayer book of Tanager
..........1 gp Two days of trail rations
=========
..1,090 gp, 5 sp, 5 cp in cash unless there is left over cure light wounds potions

We need to account for a total of 14 CLW potions as either being consumed, taken by a character or returned back to Mystic Pearl and converted back to yellow metal pieces. Arianna would take a couple if they are left over before returning the rest. (in other words, other people have first dibs if they want the CLW potions. I know Daylily wanted 5 originally.)
[/FONT]

Systole

First Post
OOC: Daylily will just take his share of the money, assuming Relic brings it down to him.

I've currently marked off Daylily as having consumed 3 CLW potions. I know there was some consideration as to whether potions were a group expense, but I'd rather just eat the cost because I really hate complicated accounting.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[MENTION=6673727]Qik[/MENTION];
All of the XP calculations look right as well as the time based GP awards.

I am not sure where your numbers on treasure is coming from though as I am not seeing them match up from the source material I reviewed, not what is listed in the spoiler blocks compared to the math calculations for encounter GP.

Can you break it down further in the two treasure spoiler blocks so I can figure it out, please? I would say, any potions (or whatever) consumed during the course of the adventure that were not wasted frivolously are just taken out of the totals before dividing them up. That is what usually happens and is easy.

jbear

First Post
OOC: Relic will bring Daylilly his share of course! I'll just take the cash. It seems a cleaner way to divide up treasure.

my total will be less 100gp for the two CLW potions Relic took.

Awaiting Qik's reply to perrinmiller before I write anything final down on the sheet regarding treasure.

And a big thanks Qik! That's the first adventure where I actually thought Relic was going to die, or was even in any real danger. Nice one! I look forward to the next episode some time in hopefully the not too distant future! It won't let me xp you, have to spread more radeedadeeda! :)

And now to level up!!! Yahoo!

[/OOC]

Remove ads