[LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1)

"If I wandered about town looking like this with you, no one would let us near enough to ask any questions. Good luck dear." as she goes back to sampling fruits.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ioseph is taken aback by all this and again wonders why Helerion has led him to this strange place full of strange people.

"I left the temple near Thunderfalls almost a year ago now and have been wondering about the Landadel Baronies helping good people where ever I can. I have been guided this last year by signs and portents sent to me by the Bright One, his will guiding me to bring aid in his name."

Ioseph takes a deep breath as if remembering some of the hardships he has endured. "I have helped in the planting of harvest, building bridges and new homes, and in tending the sick. Once I fought off a small band of goblins causing mischief near a wayside shrine."

"Just recently I followed the signs to here the fabled City of Glass, though I know not why I am needed here. There are so many here to help and with such abilities I have never seen." the priest says with a nod to Arianna.

"I am a pious man, Master Gnome. I would not be here if the Lord of Light did not have a reason."
he prays softly under his breath, then continues. "But I am not sure what that reason is. Always I have been sure, the need for my help was always clear to me. You ask for some show of my skills. I am sorry I have no grand skills or abilities like the people here have shown. I am a simple man trying to live up to the tenth's that are beyond me. I would take my leave but you have said that you waited for me to come, and." Ioseph takes on a sheepish look as he stares at the hands in his lap. "And I am at the end of my means and soon will have no money to support myself, and continue the works Helerion wishes of me. I have failed."

Ioseph sits quietly after his long speech only quietly murmuring a prayer now and then for guidance.

OCC: Skills aren't as big fore-tay of Ioseph. Going to roll Diplomacy with guidance bonus. Note that he only gets the +1 LOL.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I may not be a may of god myself, but I have found myself in your dire straits for most of my life, good sir. I've found that if don't let it bring you down, it makes you a stronger person." While not usually one to give advice, Thuvian has seen too many people fall down and not get up from the burden of poverty to like to see it happen when it just took some perseverance and patience to deal with, having no tolerance for laziness or self pity.

Qik

First Post
The gnome watches and observes the group as they each in turn demonstrate their abilities to him. He is impressed by Thuvian's magical ingenuity. Although he is more amused than intimidated by Arianna's display (perhaps his foresight has taken the sting out of her battle form for him), he is nevertheless impressed by her performance, and not entirely for unwholesome reasons: she is a being who clearly knows how to handle and present herself, and as such, he takes her display to be indicative of far more menacing capabilities. He takes delight in his hour out on the town with Saranna, who proves to be both knowledgeable and coercive; at one point, when passing through one of the more "character-laden" areas of Venza, he remarks that it is for these sights and opportunities that one comes to the city. Finally, at the end of Ioseph's tale, he folds his hands solemnly. "My good man, your only failure is that you under-value your own abilities. As a practitioner of the art of peering through time and space, I have often seen how words, information, and honesty can be just as effective as that giant's club you wield." Sitting back in his chair, the gnome smiles. "In any event, it is not your time to leave yet. You and the others have proven yourselves to be everything I had endeavored to find in assistance. If you four will accept, then I would willingly ask for your aid in my task."

With that statement, the gnome leans over the side of his chair and begins to rummage around in his back pack. As he does so, he speaks. "As a show of my...good will...I have decided to offer you...a few tomes...which may...be of assistance...during our attempt...to divine...the location of my...aforementioned items. Aha!" With a cry of victory, he pulls four large volumes from his pack and drops them with an ample *thump* onto the table. "I have already read them from start to end, so I no longer have use for them; you may find them useful, however. Perhaps they will spark something in tandem with the knowledge you already possess, and lead us both to new insight." The four volumes are titled The Life of the Pious: Meditations on the Religious Path, A Practitioner's Guide to the Arcane, Venza: Legacy and Infamy, and Creatures of the Wild.

The gnome goes on to outline his plan: if you're willing, you will all stay the evening at the inn (at his expense) and then set out for his home in the morning. He lives in a somewhat isolated area a few hours outside of the city, on the outskirts of a small village. Once you arrive at his place, you will begin the divination ritual.

OOC: Good job, All. That's 400 XP, plus four masterwork books worth 50 gp each; each of the books provides a +2 circumstance bonus to Know (Religion), Know (Arcana), Know (Local), and Know (Nature), respectively. You'll be able to use them during the divination skill challenge, and keep them or sell them as you wish after our little adventure.

Right; think that covers it for now. You all will just need to suss out a marching order for me for when we leave town "tomorrow".

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna (Mermaid Synthesist 1)

"Tomes?"
"Oh, books! So that's what those look like. I am used to paper simply being fish food after just a couple of minutes." She starts to reach forward, and deduces that her claw may not be appropriate for such delicate things. Pulling her seat back up to the table, and a little closer to the wizard, she sits down and snaps her fingers. The scales recede as she returns to her original form. Tentatively reaching forward again, she pulls back quickly when she realizes her hands are still damp.

Turning to the tiefling, "Would you read one to me?" as she bats her eyes at him.

[sblock=ooc]She will forgo her share of this treasure for something else later. In fact, I would say that she is illiterate because their are few writings that would survive below the waterline.

Marching order: Up front if we are the frontal assault type. She invested in perception, because she expected to be in the lead. If the little one wants to try the sneaky method, middle of the group is fine for Arianna. But, the clerics armor is going to clank a lot anyways, making sneaky mostly moot.

She believed the wizard's illusion.
Oh my! Did I break his concentration? ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Thank you, both. I will meditate on what you have said." Ioseph says to Thuvain and the gnome. "I welcome this chance to once more serve those in need in Helerion's gracious name."

When the book are pasted out Ioseph takes the copy of The Life of the Pious: Meditations on the Religious Path and murmurs a thank you to the gnome.

[sblock=OOC] Nice finally one good skill. :p

Marching order. I wanted Ioseph - you all may call him Vors for short and it's easier to remember - to be a high AC/HP warrior to tie up combatants. He will cast shield and have an AC of 22 so should have staying power he will need it because his attack sucks (but once he hits its a big BOOM).

If we go in a line how about Arianna, Thuvain, 10 feet space, Saranna, Ioseph. That keeps the back and front protected. I don't think sneaking is in the cards just yet. And that line up works for walking in twos as well.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Taking his book, Thuvian's illusion lingers briefly (1 round) as he examines the title page before he is queried by the merwoman. Mostly fixated on the books, he doesn't seem to notice her flirtations. "I suppose I can assist you with that endeavor later this evening in exchange for an explanation of your transformation. Perhaps Nora will be generous and introduce herself; your scales might appeal to her sense of fashion better than that of most people's." He doesn't seem any less likely to be interested in Arianna's attractions, simply not particularly quick to pay attention to them, and less likely to trust them when he does notice, and thus not likely to show any interest he may have. Even after just this short interview with him, it's pretty clear that he tends to have an innate tunnel vision that blocks out most of everything beyond his own concerns.

[sblock=OOC]Great interaction so far, keep it up, and eventually you might actually get him to admit interest in something other than his own survival or the arcane arts. Arianna at least has a better chance than the priest does with his religious talk.

HM's marching order sounds good to me.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"Thank you, Mr. Gnome. Sorry but you have left little else to call you," she says with a her hands open and outwards meaning she means no harm by the name, "You are quite generous." she bows.

She will scoop up the tome on Venza and any others that are not claimed by the others. The halfling woman then has a runner sent to to the Iradys delegation informing them of her extended absence.

Come the morning the halfling woman is up early and is at a table in the main barrom perusing the book she was given and eating. When the others arrive she will back her book away and join them for the trek out of town.

(( Order above is fine by me... ))

[sblock=Saranna Surefoot's Mini-Stats]Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
Hallfing Rogue 1
Initiative: +3 Perception: +8
Conditions: n/a
AC: 17 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 8 of 8
CMB: -1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +6 Will: +3
In Hand: light crossbow (+4, 1d6 dmg) [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases