[LPF] Waking the Dead

GlassEye

Adventurer
Hefting Tasanto's slight frame is no difficulty for the group and on the trail back to Capoe they meet with a mob of villagers who look like they are ready to take on whatever might be out there.

"What happened out there? Rochelle came back screaming her head off and, well, we weren't sure what to think."

Pushing through the group of men to the front is the young woman they first met in Capoe. She takes one look at Tasanto and frowns. She points at one man and motions for the others to make way.

"Vinnetto, help them carry their friend. Looks like you lot got the worst of it. Or he did, anyway. Quickly, now, he'll need to see the herb woman."

She heads off at a trot for the village with the group behind and the village men bringing up a nervous rear guard. The way back seems strangely longer than the way out to the graveyard but you do arrive at the village without further incident. Tasanto is gingerly placed on a cot at the village herb woman's house where she tells Dolgrin, Menik, and Lem that she'll care for him through the night. The others are offered beds in the homes of villagers since Capoe is too small to have an inn.

GM: The old, matronly herb woman will spend some time stitching up the worst of Tasanto's wounds and restoring three hit points (-4/27). She'll cast two cure light wounds spells (8/27) at a cost of 20 gp to the group and watch Tasanto overnight (14/27). The next day the group has a choice: Tasanto can spend the next 24 hours in bed or they can spend another 20 gp to have the herb woman cast her healing spells on Tasanto again.

Satin Knights

First Post
"Ugh. That didn't go well. Wait!" Tasanto starts checking his wounds and skin color for any changes. "They bit me. The purple potion in my pack. If you could get it for me." Tasanto drinks his potion of anti-plague as a precaution. "Thank you for the healing. I think I am going to need all you can muster. Those two children weren't the only problem here. I need to get back into fighting shape."

[sblock=ooc]Tasanto will pay the 40 gp for four healing castings and drink his anti-plague potion just as a precaution. With the extra two spells in the morning, it looks like Tasanto will be a 26 of 27. [/sblock]

possum

First Post
"I had to leave the bodies of the young ones in the graveyard," Dolgrin says as he turns to the group. "I suggest that they be burned and their ashes buried. Best not to tell the mother, though. Save that her children are finally at peace."

GlassEye

Adventurer
GM: It slipped past me, but on Nov 1 Dolgrin, Lem, & Menik all reached exactly 3,300 xp. Congratulations on reaching level 3! Feel free to level up and submit for review.

GlassEye

Adventurer
The matronly healer gladly casts her healing spells upon Tasanto the next morning. She continues to check the young man over until she is satisfied that his only injuries remaining are a few yellowed bruises nearly healed.

"There ya go. Right as rain, or nearly so." She shakes her head. "Sad thing about Rochelle's children. And she's not taking it well. I've given her a tisane to help her sleep. Should you find out who done this to her children then deliver justice for their crimes."

possum

First Post
The matronly healer gladly casts her healing spells upon Tasanto the next morning. She continues to check the young man over until she is satisfied that his only injuries remaining are a few yellowed bruises nearly healed.

"There ya go. Right as rain, or nearly so." She shakes her head. "Sad thing about Rochelle's children. And she's not taking it well. I've given her a tisane to help her sleep. Should you find out who done this to her children then deliver justice for their crimes."

Dolgrin turns to the healer as she finishes her work on Tasanto. "You have my promise that I will find whoever's causing this. I'm not one to be killing children even in the state that they were in. That mockery of what they likely once were..." the dwarf shivers somewhat.

Satin Knights

First Post
"Thank you again for healing me up. Now, I think I should prepare as well if we are going to search the countryside." Tasanto takes some time chanting, conjuring up a black smoke that wraps around and binds to his body. When the chanting stops, a beast, more appropriate for battle stands ready. "Now I am ready for a fight."

[sblock=action]Call eidolon synthsuit[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Menik spent the time deep in thought, scribbling madly in his book. His thoughts were of the battle with the undead. It had been closer than he liked, and that was just with a couple of child ones. What would happen when the group finds the really dangerous ones? His force missiles worked but not well enough.

He thought of the flaming sphere spell which he'd copied into his book but hadn't quite mastered. It could make the difference. He just had to understand fire magic a bit better ... and finally, by the end of that day, he did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm ready to help bring the evildoers to justice" Menik declares "Though we could still use some healing ability. He asks the herb woman "Might you have any potions for sale?"

Remove ads