Ludicrous!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We've gone beyond hyperspace...beyond plaid!

ENWorld has gone...DICE-speed!

What happened? Did weem get a midnight brainstorm for a new site backdrop?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Nope.

What I'm seeing right now in multiple tabs- all in different forums of ENWorld- is the icon for "Hot Thread With No New Posts" all over the background of the site. As in, what I'd normally see as black is now a gridwork of brown, burning D20s on a greyish background.
I
It's almost like a geeky houndstooth pattern.

I didn't change any settings. I posted in a thread and used the toolbar to go back to the forum it was in, and voila! And it has been that way in every bit of ENWorld I've visited since then. I just assumed someone was experimenting with the visual style settings again.

When I tried the other style settings and then went back to my preferred "black", it went back to the wall 'o' brown burning dice.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How very odd! Methinks your system might be broke.

Try other browsers like IronWolf suggested; and then try clearing your cache. It's certainly nothing we're doing at this end.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm viewing this via Safari on an iPad and I'm pretty lazy about loading new apps. No alternative browser yet.

A little while ago, I DID check out the site via my iPod Touch and it is showing the site properly, so it IS something on my end. I'd really hate to have to mess around with my Safari again and lose my passwords again...

Ehhh..it looks kinda cool, anyway.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
As is so common in these cases, I was left without a choice. While surfing another site, the windows wouldn't fully load. Cleaning up my Safari was required. Now that site runs just fine...and my dicey wallpaper is gone. :(

Remove ads