Lycein Arcana Questions...

You can't, actually. I probably should have spelled that out, but because your anima powers have a permanent duration, and the cost of enduring healing and evoking are based on duration (and there's no 'permanent' entry), you can't. However, for 4 AP you can have the ability to heal 2d6 points of damage an unlimited number of times, which might be a little overpowered. People can do the same thing for 2000 XP if you have the Craft Permanent Spell and Craft Charged Item feat.

That was something I missed. How would you recommend remedying it? Maybe requiring you be at least a 6th level anima before you can have an infinite-use activated ability?

Archus

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
You can't, actually. I probably should have spelled that out, but because your anima powers have a permanent duration, and the cost of enduring healing and evoking are based on duration (and there's no 'permanent' entry), you can't. However, for 4 AP you can have the ability to heal 2d6 points of damage an unlimited number of times, which might be a little overpowered. People can do the same thing for 2000 XP if you have the Craft Permanent Spell and Craft Charged Item feat.

Good I was very afraid. So anything that can have a normal Gen permanent duration can be taken as an Enduring Anima? Is it just Evoke and Heal that can't be done?

RangerWickett said:
That was something I missed. How would you recommend remedying it? Maybe requiring you be at least a 6th level anima before you can have an infinite-use activated ability?

That would probably be good - of course you can't take it until 4th level anyway, but this would keep people from taking one level of Anima at 4th level just for a healing battery. 5th or 6th level Anima special ability sounds fair - you are giving up an entire level for the power and have to have put some effort into being an anima.

Verequus

First Post
Probably, because you could transform yourself into a dragon all day otherwise.

But another question to the Biomancer feat: If I would use a spell for increasing the strength on someone and the receiver of the spell pays off the debt, can I then cast the same spell and gain the same increase for his strength? Or don't stack the spells?

Verequus

First Post
I've had an intruiging idea for a campaign with an attached setting, where permanent tranformations are one of key elements of the plot, but I don't know, how to achieve it with making the spell undispellable. The Biomancer feat demands XP, which won't be spent in this case voluntarily. Can someone be compelled to agree spending XP magically? Mundane should be no problem. Furthermore, Ryan, you mentioned in one of your teasers, that a permanent teleport block has been created through killing thousands of slaves - how would you formulate such a process? How many percent of the XP stored in a person can then be contributed?

Also you left the curses out - will you include the rules somewhere? The ritual spell rules don't list a focus, where the magical energy is stored - did you delete this detail?

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
I'd love to see a system akin to the LA ritual magic for creating magic items-with skill checks instead of CL checks, taking a long time and perhaps requiring some help, but in the end you create an item you couldn't otherwise, like One-Eye's spear in the Black Company novels.

Verequus

First Post
Several classes in Lyceian Arcana are unable to learn every spell list, at least without multiclassing. Can they use items, which have effects comprised of at least one of the forbiddden spell lists?

Also, Ryan, because you had a chance to read Upper_Krust's CR-system - how are the Summon CRs affected, if I use the new CR-system?

donm61873

First Post
Since I had an EoM-LA question, I figured I'd post in this old thread, to keep them together.

In the EOM Druid, there's this nugget about Thousand Faces being the same as the core rules ability.

Except the core rules ability is "At 13th level, a druid gains the ability to change her appearance at will, as if using the alter self spell, but only while in her normal form".

Which I think really should be an always available 0 MP Transform, Cosmetic Changes - Creature; which is nothing compared to the EOM Druid's special Transform pool.

So, I think the Thousand Faces ability should probably just be dropped into the redone EOM Druid wildshape, yes?

Verequus

First Post
But wouldn't you limit this ability to only one minute per use and each use would eat 1 MP from the Wildshape pool? That is far weaker than the core ability.

Remove ads