Lyram's Book--Aelwynn Recruiting a Leader

Baileyborough

First Post
The unit known as [187] does not remember much of its functions. It remembers flashes of battlefields, corpses and people running from it, always running.
It surmises that it was used as a unit of its type was built to be used - an instrument of killing.
748 days, 18 hours and 43 minutes in the past, it remembers standing over the corpse of a female human, its two small offspring shouting and crying at it. This is the clearest memory. It did not know what to do. The sense of purpose it had felt up to that point had suddenly gone, leaving.....awareness.
It walked from that building into the wilderness and has not stopped wandering since.
It stands 6'4", and weighs 300lbs. It is dark grey in colour, with a dark brown wood between its joints. It wears a form of scale armour and carries a well used flail. Its other hand is left empty, but it wears a spiked guantlet.
Thusfar it has survived wandering. It does not know what to do. It does not know where to go. It only knows that for the first time in its existence, it might be facing a new experience.
Fear.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Hello, hello. Sorry for not posting Tuesday, but have been a bit sick. Lets try with three people while I look for a 4th character, hopefully some kind of leader.

Onwards and upwards.

Goken100

First Post
Welcome Baileyborough!

Glad to have a new player, Baileyborough! [187] sounds cool, plenty of plot hooks there. :)

So in the story right now, we have been summoned by a local leader for a mission to retrieve a valuable magic scroll. The scroll is connected to the pact the tieflings made in exchange for their tiefitude as well as a "Dragon Curse" which inflicted the land. The curse affects those with draconic blood and had the effect of freeing the lands from their (somewhat waning) rule.

My character, Qinik, is a wizard who is dedicated to finding out more about the dragon curse and has become a scholar in that area, and is thus very interested in this quest. (He has personal reasons.) Qinik is a member of the Silver Society, a prominent adventuring company with strict rules of behavior but who are generally benevolent.

Your character might have been found by some members of the Silver Society. They may have given you succor and invited you to join their ranks, offering you new purpose in the form of quests to aid people instead of just killing. If you'd like, we could even say that it was Qinik you discovered [187] on one of his previous journeys, and that they have traveled together ever since.

What do you think?

Baileyborough

First Post
Hi, thanks for the welcome. I like what you're suggesting, maybe we can take it in that direction. I'd like this to be you guys' first meeting with him. I have no major plans story wise. The ooly thing I want to follow is his utter despair, for lack of a better word, at having free will, and no purpose.

Kazun

First Post
If you are still looking for a leader, I am interested. I am new to ENWorld, somewhat experienced with PbP, and decently experienced with 4e.

I propose Kilvin Deepseam, Dwarven Runepriest from Amonti. Character sheet will be forthcoming upon approval. B-)

Dice4Hire

First Post
If you are still looking for a leader, I am interested. I am new to ENWorld, somewhat experienced with PbP, and decently experienced with 4e.

I propose Kilvin Deepseam, Dwarven Runepriest from Amonti. Character sheet will be forthcoming upon approval. B-)

Sounds good. Send him in and we can get going.

FourMonos

First Post
I may be late to the party, but I thought I would see if you had room for anymore people. Well, techinically one more person since I'm the one asking...

I'm leaning toward a dwarf rogue btw.

Remove ads