[M&M 3E] October 1962

tglassy

Adventurer
Gabriel followed Charlie. He seemed to know what he was doing.

“My family...” his dad would be at his practice downtown. His sisters were in school. His mom was at home. Would they see? He didn’t have time to find them.

No time to think about that now. He hiked up his pants and tried to keep up with Charlie. It wasn’t long before he was huffing and puffing with the exertion. He really needed to lose a few pounds. He held on to his burger, anyway. No idea when he’d get to eat again.

I should go get Emily. No, that's silly, she at the middle school. They would not let me leave with her. I'd have to stay there. I hope Daddy hears the sirens. He sometimes slept like the... like someone who sleeps really deeply, she thought. What am I going to do? The thought scared her as she always knew what to do.

"You're right," Jennifer says, relieved that Charlie has a plan. "Stockten will be less crowded." She joins them in their run to the shelter on Stockten. Thoughts of her sister and father running through her mind the whole time.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
New Falls, Washington/New Falls High School
Tuesday, October 23, 1962/12:010

Sofia looked up with surprise as the alert sirens went off. “Que pasa?” she asked, looked at the contrails in the sky. And then everyone around started to panic.

“My sister!” Sofia exclaimed as they piled out of the diner. She looked in the direction of the elementary school. Her mother was at Titan. She would probably be safe. But Alejandra…

But there wasn’t time. Something in Sofia knew that. So when someone grabbed her hand and dragged her along to Stockton Ave, she didn’t protest too much.

Sofia piled into the shelter with the others, falling against Gabriel as they tripped over each other. She stared at his burger in surprise.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
After the fourth student rushes through the shelter door, the doorway itself swirls shut, metal pieces sliding together to clang shut the way the iris lens of a camera shuts. In the next instant, the lights shut off, plunging the room into utter darkness.

"Please remain calm, children," a female voice says.

The darkness vibrates, grows still, vibrates again, as if something enormous is hammering on the building above the shelter. Then, the floor drops away, and everyone falls while horizontal bands of light race from floor to ceiling, one after the other, creating a strobe light effect.

OOC: Everyone please make an Acrobatics or Dexterity check versus DC 10. Failure means you fall as the room begins to descend rapidly.

OOC: Not that it really matter but Agility is usually used for balance. Dexterity for hand-eye coordination.

Dex check DC 10: 1d20 6

Before she can react, Jennifer finds herself on the floor as the room rapidly descends. "What's going on?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Before she can react, Jennifer finds herself on the floor as the room rapidly descends. "What's going on?"

"Please remain calm, children," says the female voice. "Relocation to safe zone is in progress. Telluric immanation imminent. Walls to reach minimum opacity in 10, 9...."

OOC: Forgot which game this is. Agility does make much more sense. :)

Charlie drops into a crouch at the floors sudden drop from beneath his feet. He is surprised at this fact as the disorientating strobe of the descent wash over the room. Charlie moves to help Jennifer stand, this is not out of chivalry but more an automated response as his brain processes the situation.

"What did that woman say? Something about telluric emanations, what are those?"

He knew from his Pa that rads would be almost completely blocked by 3 feet of dirt. They must be that far underground now and there was concrete and steel as well which was even better than dirt. So what the hell was this woman talking about.

OOC: DC 10 Dex Roll: 1d20+1 20 I marked it as Dex in the roller since that is what you asked to roll. However Charlie's Dex and Agi are the same so roll would be identical.

"Thank you, Charlie," Jennifer says. She looks around wildly for something that might make sense. She calls out, "Maximum wall opacity? These words make no sense. What's going on?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The walls of the room fade, becoming nearly transparent, and the rapid descent continues. Outside the room, the students see rock ripple by, as if liquid for an instant before returning to solid form above the room, the ceiling of which is now also nearly transparent.

"Telluric immanations are chthonic radiations trapped in subsurface rock structures," the voice says. "Through these immanations, you shall be prepared."

The rock outside the room gives way to magma, glowing and rolling as the shelter continues its descent. The students feel their skin start to tingle. Hairs on arms and the backs of necks stand on end. The sensation increases, progressing from tingle to itch to burning.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases