• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M: Freedom City Issue 2

Aenion

First Post
Une leaps after the gang members, trying to take down another one of them and closing the distance to the cars. If they try to escape by car I might be able to get on top of one.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Monday May 5th
The Mansion
22:35EST

bkmanis said:
Une calls in to HQ and reports the gang activity, Alice answers. "I will notify the other team members."

"Well . . . that didn't take long," Cosmo said. "Alice, let them know I'll be there for backup immediately. I'm heading to the transporter now," Cosmo replied.

maddmic

Explorer
Leech had just sat down in front of the big screen tv with his two microwave dinners, when the call came in. Son of a... And right when Sports Center was getting interesting. Leaving the dinners there, he heads up to Jack's room to make sure he got the message. Upon notifying him and making sure that his costume is in place, Leech answers the call. Ok, ok, ok. One to beam up Alice."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
In his tastefully decorated home some miles away, Dr. Ethan Monroe, also known as the Geomancer, pulls a lasagna from the oven and carries the bubbling dish to the table, placing it squarely on the pot holders laid there. There are two places set at the table: two plates, two glasses - one filled with wine, two forks, two cloth napkins.

As he sits down, Ethan looks at the empty place, and his smile fades. He pushes his plate away and picks up the glass of wine, draining it just a few gulps.

"I miss you, Emily."

Ethan doesn't realize he just spoke without rhyming. That odd psychological compulsion, gained in the same accident that transformed him and killed his wife, sometimes lapsed when Ethan was alone.

And then the calls come in. Ethan puts on a brave face, including a smile, but feels neither brave nor cheerful at the moment.

"Whether spring, summer, winter, or fall:
Geomancer stands ready to answer the call!
"

Last edited:

After being informed by Leech of the call from Alice, alerting them to trouble, Velocity suits up and prepares to be transported to the scene of the problem.

bkmanis

First Post
OOC: I'm continuing the combat even though not everyone has posted, I don't want to slow the game down too much. I will assign actions for Hell this round, if there is something else he wishes to try I can edit the post later.

Initiatives:
Une 28
Strange man 18
Hell 17
Gang Members 13

Une moves forward and catches one of the gang members, she throws a quick punch but the young man manages to duck her swing.

The strange man appears to fly up over the nearest car the gang members are trying to get into, he then falls onto the hood of the car and it crushes under him as if hit by a great weight.

Hell seeing that some of the gang members are still pointing there weapons at him and Une fires a blast at one. The blast hits the young man square in the chest, sending him flying backwards to land in the yard across the street.

Several gang members pile into a car and the engine starts. The members trying to get into the car crushed by the stranger scatter back and open fire as do several others. None of the shots hit their intended target, but Une and Hell notice that in the wild shooting some of the shots hit the houses nearby. They realize that they are in a residential neighborhood and must be careful of innocent bystanders that maybe in the nearby houses.

Alice teleports the rest of the group to the teleportation room before being able to teleport them to the combat area.

OOC: the rest of the group is in the teleporter room including Cosmo, it is quicker to teleport him down from the mansion then have him take the elevator. Next round you can be teleported to the combat area.

Actions for next round?

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
As everyone assembles in the teleporter room, Geomancer greets each hero in turn. He also recites the spell that transforms him from soft flesh to hard stone.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Wow that was quick . . ." Cosmo said as he activated his forcefield. "Looks like we've got action on opening day. Call out to me if you are injured and need assistance. I will help as I can,"

Aenion

First Post
What's he made off? But it's not a bad idea. Une thinks when she sees the strange man crashing on the car.
Une leaps up and kicks off on the gang member's back, with a flip she sails through the air to land on the hood of the second car, both her feet slamming right through into the engine.

ooc: using heroic surge,
1st half action: attack on the thug near her +8 to hit / +12 stun,
2nd half action: move towards the car
3rd half action: attack on the car's engine +8 to hit / +12 lethal (if it makes a difference)

Hell!

"Awww, crap!" Hell rushes into the nearest group of gang members and unleaches a huge pulse of plasma from his body in an attempt to end things before bystanders get hurt.

[OOC: move then use an explosive blast, he can effest up to a 50ft radius, but will restrict it as myuch as needed to aviod hitting non gang members.]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads