• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M Story And Adventure ideas

Virtue

First Post
I would like to hear some other story and adventure ideas for M&M with 2nd edition coming out im a teacher so their isnt alot of prep time so i would really be thankful if someone helped me out

MulhorandSage

First Post
Well, if you don't mind rough ideas for another superhero system, check out the "from little seeds" thread on the Hero board. The seeds are mostly tailored to published Champions characters, but it shouldn't take too much work to adapt them to appropriate M&M characters.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3046&highlight=seeds

Also, search for the "What Would Your Character Do" threads. Many of them may not be immediately applicable to your game, but they are inspiring.

I wrote a book called Villainy Amok for Champions which does what you want and which has a lot of scenario ideas that can be applied to other systems. If you don't want to invest in it, at least check out the free samples:

http://www.herogames.com/Previews/VAMOK_preview.pdf
http://www.herogames.com/FreeStuff/ModulesAndAdventures/PlotGallery1AndAHalf.pdf

When Atomic Think Tank's back, it should be a little easier to get M&M specific info, but this should hold you until then:

Stormborn

Explorer
There are of course the MnM published adventures, but barring that you can go with ideas from the comics:

For a Campaign:
The PCs are all B-grade supervillans. A group of uberpowerful A-listers is martialing an army of villans and they approach the PCs, all of whom have reasons to not want to join. Now the PCs must band together to save themselves.

The PCs all come from different realities, they have been recruited by an extradiminsional entity to "fix" broken worlds. This might work particularly well if all of your players were ubercomic geeks who know all the details of one companie's universe, giving you pleanty of room to play with.

A supervillan's grand plan has almost utterly destroyed the City, most of the people have evacuated and the federal government is blockading it to keep the villan's creations from getting out. However, about 20% of the population has decided to stay for various reasons, or were unable to get out. The PCs have elected to remain, defend their city, and ultimately restore it to its former glory.

The Supervillan Prison experiances the worst break out in history. Now there are 52 of the evilist, vilest, baddest bad guys in the world roaming free. The PCs are tasked to brign them back in. Have them all start as superpowered guards at the prison, all of whom leave their post to fight off an attack that turns out to be a diversion so that the escape can take place. That way they have a more personal motive to bring the villans back.

More Generic Adventures:
-Evil dopplegangers of themselves come from the negadiminsion to wreak havoc on a new world. Or reverse it and strand them in the negadimension.

- Innocent civilians are turning into hi-tech hero hunters. The PCs have to stop the civilians w/o hurting them and find out who is behind it.

- A former world renowned champion turns out to be the scout for an alien invasion. He has gotten the drop on the World's Greatest Heroes and its up to the PCs to stop him.

- An advanced alien race gathers champions from a dozen worlds and forces them into gladitorial combat. The PCs must not only win every match, or risk an alien strike against earth, but figure out a way to free themselves and the other captives.

-The supervillan Dr. Umbra, long thought dead, is back. Unfortunately Solaris, his heroic nemesis, seems to have stayed dead. Who will stop him from covering the city in an impentrable dome of night?

-A demonic cult is working from ancient plans of the city, planting explosions to destroy buildings to form a summoning glyph for their demonic master.

Just to name a few.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
You may want to give Ronin Arts' Superline series a try. #3 is in progress (we're a little delayed as we want to make sure we get the 2e rules right) but #1 and #2 are available now in print and PDF.

Kenson

First Post
I would also recommend Ronin Arts' A Fistful of Plot Devices for M&M: packed with superheroey goodness, that one.

Plus check out new M&M Superlink products like The Zodiac Ring, Escape from Alcatraz!, and more available at RPGNow.

Threedub

First Post
I ran a 1E game a year or so again and cut down on prep time by,
1) Using a local big city. I used existing real world maps, online data of current crime rates, real politicians as my NPCs, building layouts as they already exist.
2) Making the adventures semi-topical. For example; had a Seattle like WTO riot, and one involving human smuggling in cargo containers. If you're playing in a mirror of the current world just read the paper, you'll have your adventures.
3) Used other sources for bad guys (which used to take a while in 1E to design) and just worked them into my story. Used Crooks and other people's work from the Green Ronin M&M site along with conversions from stuff like Mixed Doubles.

Virtue

First Post
Where do i order these books

Thanks alot

Fist full of plot devices and that champions books both sound like just what i want are they availble in hard back
if yes what are their order names and number so i can have my local retailer order them

Last edited:

Teflon Billy

Explorer
MulhorandSage said:
I'll third the recommendation for a Fistful of Plot Devices. Bruce is an excellent author.

I agree with that statment (and I have a review of the product up)...

But given that the poster I quoted above is the guy who wrote Villainy Amok, Champions 3D and a host of other "must haves" from the Superhero RPG genre, I'd say take his word for it:)

Virtue said:
Fist full of plot devices and that champions books both sound like just what i want are they availble in hard back
if yes what are their order names and number so i can have my local retailer order them

Here's the "buy now" page for Villainy Amok...I'm pretty sure you can find whatever info your Retailer needs there.

As for Fistful of Plot Devices, it's only in .pdf and (I think) is only available from this link at RPG.now.

Last edited:

Virtue

First Post
I thing im going to buy both these products they are just what im looking for now with atomic think tank back up it should be easy to get idea for the gaming in champions how much has the champions universe book changed since the old one monte cook helped write

Remove ads