• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M] The Unofficial Marvel Character Stats Thread

AereonBlaze

First Post
Colossus
Power Level: 12
Concept: Mutant

Str: 18 (+4)
Dex: 14 (+2)
Con: 16 (+3)
Int: 12 (+1)
Wis: 12 (+1)
Cha: 14 (+2)

Melee: +15
Ranged: +13
Initiative +2 (Dex)
Defense: +20 (+18 flat-footed)
Speed: 30

Damage Save: +3
Fortitude: +3
Reflex: +2
Will: +1

Feats
Attack Focus (Unarmed), Chokehold, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Power Attack, Stunning Attack, Takedown Attack, Immunity(Suffocation - Only in Alternate Form), Immunity(Pressure - Only in Alternate Form), Power Stunt(Alternate Form Super Strength - Lethal)

Skills
Jump +6 (+16 in alternate form), Craft(drawing) +12

Primary Attack: +12S/L (unarmed - alternate form)

Powers

Alternate Form +12 (Solid - Organic Steel):
Colossus is a mutant with the superhuman ability to convert the tissue of his entire body into an organic steel-like substance, granting him superhuman strength and a high degree of resistance to bodily harm. This substance, resembling organic steel, is of unknown composition but appears to be analogous to osmium and to carbon steel. He is able to transform into this armor-like state at will (the process is virtually instantaneous) and remain in that form for an as yet undetermined amount of time. (The longest time he has remained in armored form so far has been five days). Once in his armored form he remains so until he consciously wills himself back to normal. If he is rendered unconscious, however, he spontaneously reverts to his normal form. While in his armored state, Colossus possesses the same degree of mobility that he does in his normal form.

The process by which Colossus transforms himself to armored form and back (including his gain of additional mass from an unknown, perhaps extra-dimensional, force) remains unknown. Colossus cannot become partially or selectively armored; his body is either entirely converted or not. Even his eyes become steel-like; his eyeballs can withstand and deflect the impact of a .45 caliber bullet.

[Extra: Continous; Source: Mutation; Cost: 6pp.]

Characteristics
Height: (normal) 6 ft. 6 in. (armored) 7 ft. 5 in.Weight: 100 lbs.
Eye Color: Blue, (transformed) Silver
Hair Color: Black
First Appearance: GIANT-SIZE X-MEN #1
Final Appearance: UNCANNY X-MEN #390

Personality
Colossus was always a very determined person. An idealist at heart, his personality grew darker and more stern after the untimely demise of his sister, yet he regained his composure eventually. He was often somewhat unsure of himself, but finally found something which he knew he had to do in his self sacrifice which cured the world of the legacy virus.

History
Piotr Rasputin was born in the Soviet Union, at the collective farm called Ust-Ordynski Collective near Lake Baikal in Siberia. Manifesting his mutant powers in his adolescence, he was content to simply use them to aid other members of the collective. However, he was discovered and contacted by the mutant teacher Professor Charles Xavier, who convinced Rasputin to use his powers to aid mankind in general, after helping save his other mutant heroes, the X-Men. Rasputin agreed, and Xavier gave him the identity Colossus.

Rasputin served the X-Men for a long tenure, and with them, later helped save his sister Illyana (later, Magik) from the villain Miss Locke. He helped Illyana become a member of the X-Men's protégés, the New Mutants. About the same time, he developed a crush on the young X-Man, Shadowcat (then, Sprite) although they drifted apart after many years.

Later still, Rasputin sustained massive injuries in stopping the villains behind the so-called "Mutant Massacre." After an extended leave of absence due to medical reasons, Rasputin returned to the X-Men in time to aid them against the chaos-bringer known as the Adversary.

However, in a subsequent battle with the villainous cyborgs, the Reavers, Rasputin was driven by fellow teammate Psylocke into escaping through the so-called Siege Perilous, a mystical portal that would recreate whomever entered it. For a brief time thereafter, he maintained a happy life as a fine artist in New York, until he was used as a pawn by the telepathic Shadow King in an attempt to kill Professor Xavier. Xavier helped restore Rasputin to his former self, and he returned to the X-Men.

During another long tenure with the team, Rasputin met several personal crisis. His sister died as a result of the deadly Legacy Virus (its first victim), and his older brother Mikhail, whom he thought dead as an adolescent, returned from another dimension only to be found insane. After Mikhail seemingly took his life and the lives of the mutant outcasts, the Morlocks, Rasputin grew increasingly reserved. When offered the opportunity to join the X-Men's archenemy, Magneto, as one of his Acolytes, Rasputin accepted.

Growing quickly dissatisfied as an Acolyte of Magneto, Rasputin returned to his friends in the X-Men offshoot team, Excalibur, including Shadowcat. He then returned to join the X-Men when Excalibur dissolved, and served for another long tenure.

Rasputin's teammate Beast eventually discovered a cure for the Legacy Virus. Unfortunately, the vaccination would activate only by its host activating his mutant power, killing himself in the process. Rasputin nevertheless sacrificed himself to activate the cure, in memory of his sister.
(http://www.marvunapp.com/handbook/abcd/colossus.htm)

Colossus wasn't actually that difficult to stat. :)
The more I use the Mutants & Masterminds rules, the more I like them...very flexible and powerful.

Last edited:

tsadkiel

Legend
My comic book collection ends soon after Generation X began, so I'm not really up on recent events for Chamber. Still, I'll risk looking stupid and nit-pick anyway.

Originally posted by Neowolf Feats
Headquarters (Massachussetts Academy, X-Mansion),
The Headquarters feat represents a character having his/her own headquarters, rather than sharing team digs. (See the special note in the feat description on page 45). Batman needs to use the feat for the Batcave, but not for JLA headquarters.
Skills
Concentration +12
Drive +13

Is Chamber that good of a driver? In my mind, a professional race car driver would have around ten ranks in the skill, and I don't recall ever actually seeing Chamber drive. Still, as I said, I've missed a lot.

I'd also say that Chamber definitely qualifies for the "Disturbing" weakness, if anyone does. Even when his deformity is covered up, he's antisocial enough to still deserve the skill penalties.

From a game balance perspective, Chamber needs some sort of defensive ability. I'm not sure what, though . . .

Last edited:

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
4 ranks in any skills mean that you have *mastered* it. I would think that means in terms of driving is you are a compitent driver. I'd say a stunt driver or racer probably has 8 or 10.

AereonBlaze

First Post
Found out the general power levels for my characters were just a wee bit too high :)

I edited them down a few power levels to properly balance.

Neowolf

First Post
I may have overdone it somewhat with the ranks in Drive. Honestly, I was kind of at a loss for what skills to give him, and it seems like I remembered him driving during a chase scene at some point. Suggestions for more appropriate skills?

tsadkiel

Legend
Neowolf said:
I may have overdone it somewhat with the ranks in Drive. Honestly, I was kind of at a loss for what skills to give him, and it seems like I remembered him driving during a chase scene at some point. Suggestions for more appropriate skills?

A little bit of perform does sound appropriate. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that you don't necessarily need a lot of skills. PL 10 doesn't mean quite the same thing in Mutants and Masterminds as being 10th level does in other d20 games, since it refers directly to power level rather than a character's degree of experience. Hypothetically, you could write up both Jubilee and Nick Fury as PL 10 characters, despite Fury being vastly more experienced. Jubilee would spend a handful of points on skills (not coming close to maxing any of them out), and more points on powers, while Fury would spend nothing on powers and a lot on skills, feats, and BAB.

AereonBlaze

First Post
I was a bit iffy on the power level on this one. This seem ok?

Juggernaut
Power Level: 13
Concept: Member of the X-Men

Str: 20 (+5)
Dex: 10 (+0)
Con: 18 (+4)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 14 (+2)

Melee: +18
Ranged: +13
Initiative +0
Defense: +14 (+14 flat-footed)
Speed: 30

Damage Save: +6
Fortitude: +4
Reflex: +0
Will: +0

Primary Attack: +18S/L (Unarmed)

Feats
All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (Unarmed), Chokehold, Power Attack, Toughness, Immunity(Starvation), Immunity(Suffocation), Takedown Attack, Rapid Takedown

Skills
Intimidate +9

Powers

Super Strength +13:
The Juggernaut possesses Class 100 strength, enabling him to lift (press) over 100 tons. The Juggernaut is said to be unstoppable, and the upper limit to his strength is not known.

[Power Stunts: Lethal, Lifting; Extras: Leaping, Protection; Source: Mystical; Cost: 6pp.]

Mental Protection +13:
The Juggernaut wears a helmet fashioned from an unknown mystical metal found in the dimension of Cyttorak. Wearing this helmet, the Juggernaut is able to better resist all forms of psionic attack on his mind successfully.

[Flaw: Device; Source: Mystical/Device; Cost: 1pp.]

Immovability+12:
The Juggernaut possesses untold power, mystical in nature, which enhances his strength to an as yet unknown degree and makes him a seemingly irresistible, unstoppable being. Once he begins to walk in a certain direction, no obstacle or force on Earth has been observed to be able to stop him. Apparently, only he can stop himself. Some obstacles (many tons of rock, for example) or forces (such as plasma-discharge cannons) may slow his pace considerably, but nothing has yet stopped him permanently from advancing.

[Source: Mystical; Cost: 1pp.]

Characteristics
Height: 6’ 10”
Weight: 900 lbs.
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Red
First Appearance: X-Men #12 (1965)

Personality
Cain is a self-centered person, who is often unwilling to accept help or aid. He strongly desires power but has squandered it in the past.

History
Cain has quite a long history which, again, can be found at (The Marvel Directory)

However, one event not noted on that history is Juggernauts recent affiliation. Upon receiving aid by the X-Men from an enraged Black Tom Cassidy, Professor X once again offered sanctuary in his mansion for his half-brother. Partially a result of the heroics of a young mutant in saving his life, Cain agreed and is currently a member of the X-Men.

EDIT: Fixed Amazing Save/Protection overlapping.

Last edited:

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
I,,,MUST,,,BUY,,,THE,,,BOOK!!!

Excellent thread but you're forgetting one of the original X men. I'm sure it was an oversight that you forgot to do Hank McCoy, otherwise known as the Beast

Suggestions;
Gambit
Rogue
Shadow Cat
Psylocke
Night Crawler

Other Threads;
Marvel Characters (Captain America, Namor, Iron Man, Blade, Dr Strange)

DC Characters (BatMan, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash)

The Villains (This thread can consist of villains from both Marvel and DC comics)

I know these are a lot of suggestions but someone else can help and post characters as well. Once again, great thread:)

Remove ads