• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

\m/ The Metal \m/

Chainsaw

Banned
Banned
Anybody mention High on Fire...or Matt Pike's previous band, Sleep?

Someone mentioned Sleep. High on Fire makes a ton of sense, of course.

I met Pike a few weeks ago at a show here in Charlotte. Very nice guy. Doors opened at 8, he was there sitting at the bar at 8:15, having a beer, playing video-poker and talking to anyone who approached him. Hung in the crowd most of the evening, mingling with the fans, went backstage about 30 minutes before the show, then blew the doors off. They were great.

Of all their albums, probably Surrounded by Thieves is my favorite, but I like the new album pretty well too, though some people complain the production values are too high. Let me tell you, in concert, no one was complaining - they were headbanging. Guy next to me had a tattoo of an AK-47 on his arm, right next to a tattoo of a zombie butcher carving up a corpse. He was also about 6'3", 225 with a short mohawk. I don't think he had any concerns about the production value - nor did I, especially after multiple Jacks! Haha!

Remove ads