• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mac] The Mac Software Thread (Free and Alternative Stuff)

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
BBEdit is so NOT alternative. Heck, I know people who switched to the Mac for BBEdit.

That said, it's a thing of beauty. Still the best plain text editor created by man.

I don't use it lots since very little of my work is plain text editing -- and for me being able to navigate between files is REALLY important -- but it's a beautiful thing and deserves mention.

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
barsoomcore said:
BBEdit is so NOT alternative. Heck, I know people who switched to the Mac for BBEdit.

That said, it's a thing of beauty. Still the best plain text editor created by man.

I don't use it lots since very little of my work is plain text editing -- and for me being able to navigate between files is REALLY important -- but it's a beautiful thing and deserves mention.

Heh. I use it mainly for HTML-editting. And I still think of it as "alternative" since I'm forced to use the Gates of Borg products at work.

And speaking of HTML, just a reminder to the gadget-glazed that your little web-browsers, used intelligently, can be powerful GM tools - you just have to be willing to write the webpages first.

drnuncheon

Explorer
barsoomcore said:
Kids, you gotta get this baby:

VoodooPad

Simply the coolest organizational tool a DM EVER frickin' had. Man.

Seconded. I kept looking for something like this, and I was thinking I was going to have to write the damn thing myself.

J

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads