• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mac] The Mac Software Thread (Free and Alternative Stuff)

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Um, no. How's that? Except that the widget extension is, I believe, .widget -- NOT .wdgt. A widget file IS just a folder, one that is treated by the system as a "bundle" and run by Konfabulator.

I assume other Konfabulator widgets work okay for you?

Axegrrl

First Post
FreeDice upgrade now available

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/22744

Product Description:
Free Dice is a simple, free Mac OS X tool for rolling dice. It is intended for use with role playing games and miniatures games, but can be used whenever you need to generate random numbers.

What's new in this version (1.5):
* Uses a sophisticated random number algorithm which is statistically indistinguishable from truly random numbers rolled with real dice.
* Remembers sound and font size settings.

What's new in version 1.1:
* Makes dice sound when you roll the dice (can be disabled).
* Display font for the roll list can be resized.

Dimwhit

Explorer
Hey, I have a question...anyone write any cool D&D widgets? I did an exp calculator based on the one from the d20srd.org website (well, more stolen than based :) ), but I'm looking for some others, like initiative trackers and such. Anyone have anything?

heruca

Explorer
Got a new one for your list, Dimwhit. The link and a general description is in my sig. It runs on Mac OS X and various flavors of Windows.

Dimwhit

Explorer
Thread Necromancy!

i was bored, and since I've been researching some Office alternatives, I thought I'd update this thread.

To replace Microsoft Office at work, I think we'll be paying $50 for ThinkFree Office and $69 for Nisus Writer Express. Now ThinkFree had a Word program, but all our Word-formatted docs didn't open well with it. They worked perfectly in Nisus, and Nisus is a faster, better-looking program. However, ThinkFree's Excel program, called Calc, is FANTASTIC! The best Excel alternative out there, IMO. ThinkFree also has Show, a PowerPoint-type program, but it's not great. The advantage with TF, though, is that it works with the Office formats, rather than using its own. Nisus, however, opens and saves in Word format.

So there you have it.

Edit: I've also recently discovered the joy of GraphicConverter.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads