maddman75's Knights of the Gran March

maddman75

First Post
Be Careful What You Wish For

Vartan looked over at Helios. "You really want to deal with this creature?"

"No, but you don't just get wishes any day."

They left the room to discuss the matter. They decided that one of them, Vartan, would go into the room to deal with the genie, coming out to discuss the wishes in between, and see if they couldn't manage to get both the rings and the wishes.

Vartan entered and said "Now, we agree that you will give us three wishes, and after the third wish is granted we will leave this dungeon and never return. Any limitation on these wishes?"

"Just that I cannot directly affect my charge, the key, the door, or any guardians."

"Very well. In that case I wish there was a four foot round hole in the wall right next to the door, large enough for us to pass through."

"As you wish."

Back in the other chamber, a hole appeared in the wall showing Helios, Rytalyn, and the others looked into the chamber beyond. Within it was a great platform with an iron box. Between it and them was a great spider with iron forelegs. It turned its head and Helios heard within his head "Come mortal. It has been long since I have tasted flesh."

He hightailed it back for the central chamber, where Vartan was ready to discuss the second wish. Helios apprised him of the situation, and they both went their seperate ways.

Vartan strolled in and said 'Genie! For my second wish, I wish that my friend Helios had within his mind the Holy Word spell and had the power to cast it once."

"As you wish."

In the room with the demon, Helios felt divine power course through his body. Just as the demon reared up to plunge its iron-shod claws into him, he uttered a Holy Word. Screaming in a flash of pure light, the foul thing was cast back into the Abyss. Ameril walked over to the box and quickly had the lock popped. Inside were eight plain iron rings. They strongly glowed of magic.

Having the rings in hand, the characters had a third wish coming. For his part, the Efreeti was glad the heroes had outsmarted the letter of his long ago summoners' orders. He bade them make their final wish.

After some discussion, it was decided that since both Helios and Vartan had tastted Nerull's touch, they should try to use the wish to regain some of their lost power. The genie warned them that meddling with such forces was certain to bring on unintended consequences, but they were determined.

After much deliberation, Vartan said "I wish that Helios and myself were brought back to life through a True Resurrection rather than a Raise Dead."

The world flashed before their eyes, the felt time unravelling. The group remembered taking the heroes not to Curate Malken, but to the imposing Ebon Tower just outside town, where a powerful cleric of Nerull ruled the surrounding graveyard. While they knew that it wasn't there before, they also remembered it being there for as long as they had been in Hookhill.

They remembered being resurrected by the Cleric, but at a high price. Both Vartan and Helios had allowed the Cleric to place special enchantments on them, allowing him to call them to his service at a point in the future.

So, with the knowledge that their actions had brought a great darkness into the town that they fought to defend, the heroes headed back. But they had the rings now, the mind flayer would get his due.

maddman75

First Post
Thanks for the bump man! I haven't been able to get on for ages, and wasn't looking forward to digging though ten pages to find it.

Randy - read Wulf's story hour. One of the characters suffers a fate strikingly similar to Ameril's. Not quite as flashy though :)

maddman75

First Post
Darkness in town

(Note: This game several players couldn't make it. Real life does interfere ocasionally. :). It was only me, Rytalyn's player, Jellyroll's player, and Warpriest, who managed to lose his character. He introduced a couple others for this game, and I sent an NPC with them at one point since they were so short handed. Still, we carried on.)

Upon returning to town, the characters had some distractions. It was a holy week for Coop's order, so he retired to the wilderness to contemplate the meaning of existence. Beltar and Ameril heard some rumors of mind flayers being spotted in the south and went to investigate. Vartan was helping Ellaria tend to her grove, and Helios had to heed the call of the Dark Cleric to retrieve a book of dark magics. Afterward, he needed to Atone for his contact with the evil magics.

Jellyroll and Rytalyn were sitting in the tavern having a few drinks, contemplating the plan of attack once the warriors returned from their tasks. They heard a lot of grumbling in town, appearantly Lord Eldrad had a new consort, and she was filling his head with all kinds of dark thoughts. He wasn't the same, and had posted some harsh new laws in the name of order. They met a newcomer to town, an elvish swordsman named Latheril. The three of them decided to go and see Lord Eldrad and find out what was going on.

The post in the center of town was decorated with a new paper descibing the laws.

- No person shall bear arms against another within the town of Hookhill, on penalty of death.
- No person may cast magics within the town of Hookhill, on penalty of death.
- All magical items possessed by citizens of Hookhill or those entering the town will be taxed 10% of the item's value each month.

Finding these laws utterly unacceptable, they went to see the Lord that they had helped so recently.

He saw them right away and seemed a bit distant. There was a raven-haired beauty right behind him the entire time. He listened to their objections and then flatly stated "Though your service is appreciated, you are not the law. I am. You will obey all the ordinances or face the consequences. Adventurers are in no way immune. Order will be kept by the new guards I've hired."

Several dark clad adventurers came out of the back room. One had the smell of brimstone about him, anothers' eyes glowed with hellfire. Apperantly the Lord now saw no problem with using tiefling mercenaries as muscle.

The beauty behind the lord smiled and stared at Rytalyn. She heard a voice in her head say 'Your priest isn't here to save you now, bitch.'

They returned to the bar to plan their next move.

Randell

First Post
Yo
It's randell just wanted to tell u and all who read this i am going to start my own story but i dont know when.

p.s. when i do get it started keep in mind that i am 15 and get sidetracked some times but for the most part i should be able to stay on track.

Ameral

Randell

First Post
Hey

I just wanted to ask when will our next game be.

oh and i found this riddle on the net and i just wanted to see if u know what it is.

This is for everone if u think u know the answer send it to my e-mail address it is Big d9612@aol.com
:D

Randell

First Post
This thing all things devours:
Birds, beast, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town,
And beats high mountain down.

that e-mail is wrong it is bigd9612@aol.com

maddman75

First Post
Next game will be on the 29th.

As far as the riddle, the answer is time. Now to see if that site told you were that riddle came from.

What have I got in my pocket?

:)

maddman75

First Post
Good guess. The answer is the One Ring, the ring to rule them all from Lord of the Rings. Its the riddling contest that Bilbo used to get the ring from Gollum. Ask Big D, I'm sure he'd let you borrow them :).

maddman75

First Post
Things in the Dark

The group needed to know what was going on. They met a young cleric of Heironeous named Jelar who was visiting Curate Malken. He agreed to help them find out what was happening. They decided to break into the Lord's offices to look for some clue. Jellyroll took to the shadows and Rytalyn planned to become invisible. Latheril and Jelar stayed a few blocks back. Far enough not to arouse suspicion, but close enough to come running if anything happened.

They were about halfway there when four town roughs came up to the two women. "Where do you ladies think you are going?"

They tried to get the ruffians to leave them be, but they were determined. Latherial managed to catch up unnoticed and grabbed one of them by the shoulder. "I beleive she told you to leave her be."

The youth spun around and hissed, revealing inch long incisors. Latherial drew his sword and plunged it into the vampire.

It was hurt, but still fighting. It locked his gaze and he felt its cold will pressing over his mind. Rytalyn called within herself for the energy, and lightning burst from her fingertips into two of the undead. They were smoking, but didn't seem overly bothered about it. Jellyroll pulled out her bow and tried to back up to get a shot, but one of them was right in her face.

Jelar was struggling to join the fray, but the cleric wasn't the fastest runner on Oerth. The fight stared going badly, with Latherial and two vampires on Rytalyn and two attacking Jellyroll.

Out of the darkness strode a figure. He pulled two silver daggers and began twisting and slicing through the undead, dropping one of them immedietly. The others broke, running for the alleyways. He locked his eyes with Latherial and overcame the vampires' charm.

"Okay, and who are you?" asked Rytalyn.

"Larkin."

"Why did you help us?"

"I hunt. I do what I can to ruin the day of his minions."

"Whose? Someone is leading these vampires?"

"The cleric in the tower. I don't like him, so I do what I can to make his life unpleasant. Little as that may be. I'll be going now."

Without a sound, the figure vanished back into the shadows. Wondering how the vampires were connected with the Lord and his new mistress (maybe she was a vampire?), the evil cleric, this vigilante vampire stalking the town, and the mind flayer was a bit too much for one night. They returned to town for some ale and some sleep.

Remove ads