Mage: The Awakening PbP - Preludes

Shayuri

First Post
"Hey, slow down!" Thessaly asks, actually backing up a step and holding her hands out in a forestalling gesture. "We're not going to hurt you or take anything. Really! We just wanted to make sure you're okay. And...since you are..." She starts easing down the stairs. "We'll just be on our way."

Tokiwong

First Post
Asimov makes a reflexive check versus Daniel’s scrutiny and gets 1 success. Daniel makes an Intelligence + Occult roll to scrutinize Asimov and see who has cast this possible mind spell on him. This is a secret ST roll, Daniel can identify the caster as Asimov…

Asimov blinks, his eyes going wide, “You will not steal my secrets!” Daniel focuses his third eye so to speak and tries to pick away and identify the caster of the spell that seems to currently affect Asimov. The caster is himself… a simple matter to recognize the resonance of the Free Council Mastigos currently freaking out before him.

Initiative: Thessaly 15, Morrigan 14, Asimov 12, and Daniel 8

Thessaly goes first in Round 1 of combat. Moving to combat speed since Asimov was spooked by Daniel!

Shayuri

First Post
Taken aback by the rapid descent of the conversation, Thessaly is struck with sudden terror. He was going to DO something! He was a mage, and he was going to use magic against them! The sheer variety of possible horrors involved with that drove any further desire to speak out of her. She had to stop him before this got out of hand!

Looking around, she saw that the lawn was in healthy condition and extended right up to the door. In her mind's eye, she saw the grasses near the door swaying as if under a wind nothing else could feel. Swaying, twining, growing...forming a green mass of tendrils that twists around Asimov's legs and cinches them tightly together as it climbs up his body like ivy up the side of a brick building. Growing around him until he's safely encased in a green coccoon, unable to see or move.

Fixing that in her mind, Thessaly reaches out, in a way she only barely understands herself so far. Drawing down the moon. So mote it be. A thousand benedictions in a thousand traditions all speak to one cosmic fact; this was her will, and for this moment in time, her will was Law. Superceding the lesser laws of the Fallen World; brushing them aside like the cobwebs they were.

How right she was to fear a duel between Awakened minds.

(Improvised spell, using Life 3 to create a sort of "super growth" in the grass near Asimov's door. The growth is directed in such a way as to envelop and contain him as quickly as possible. 5 dice, and I'll spend a point of Willpower too.)

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
Taken aback by the rapid descent of the conversation, Thessaly is struck with sudden terror. He was going to DO something! He was a mage, and he was going to use magic against them! The sheer variety of possible horrors involved with that drove any further desire to speak out of her. She had to stop him before this got out of hand!

Looking around, she saw that the lawn was in healthy condition and extended right up to the door. In her mind's eye, she saw the grasses near the door swaying as if under a wind nothing else could feel. Swaying, twining, growing...forming a green mass of tendrils that twists around Asimov's legs and cinches them tightly together as it climbs up his body like ivy up the side of a brick building. Growing around him until he's safely encased in a green coccoon, unable to see or move.

Fixing that in her mind, Thessaly reaches out, in a way she only barely understands herself so far. Drawing down the moon. So mote it be. A thousand benedictions in a thousand traditions all speak to one cosmic fact; this was her will, and for this moment in time, her will was Law. Superceding the lesser laws of the Fallen World; brushing them aside like the cobwebs they were.

How right she was to fear a duel between Awakened minds.

(Improvised spell, using Life 3 to create a sort of "super growth" in the grass near Asimov's door. The growth is directed in such a way as to envelop and contain him as quickly as possible. 5 dice, and I'll spend a point of Willpower too.)
Thessaly creates the Imago in her mind; first we test for Paradox since this is a vulgar spell. She gets no successes on the Paradox check. She uses a point of Willpower and gets 1 success on the Improvised Casting giving the spell a Potency of 1; Asimov needs one success on a Strength + Brawl roll to break free of the entangling grass!

Thessaly taps into her Thyrsus nature and feels the pulse of the living world. It flows through her and into the grass and by her will they reach out and enwrap around his limbs. He looks with shock, glaring at the young mage. “How dare YOU!” he shouts!

Now Morrigan’s turn.

Aenion

First Post
Why do I have the feeling Starbuck didn't tell us everything, Morrigan thought when Asimov proved to have turned into a raving lunatic, not that the fact came as a complete surprise so were the ways of the Awakened. What worried her more was the fact she knew nothing of this mage other than his Shadowname, she cursed herself for coming here unprepared. There would be time for introspection later, now she had to act or someone would get hurt. She couldn't kill him, so the weapons she carried were ill-suited. Thessaly's spell showed good improvisation if a bit crude and ... weak, too weak. She had to strenghten the hold or he would break free with little difficulty.

A vision filled her mind, tendrils of shadow enveloping the immobilized man in their dark embrace, gagging his mouth and tieing his arms and legs to his body. These shackles of dark, cold death weaving together with the green, living grass in a tapestry of life and death.

Morrigan reaches out to the abundant shadows, urging them, forcing her will on to them, she who had travelled their world was their mistress. The shadows around her seem to grow deeper as she draws on the arcanum of Death. As her spell takes form the others seem to detect movement just outside their field of vision. The pale woman seems like a spectre in the dark.

"I'd suggest you start explaining what you are working on. Or I will have to draw my answers directly from your soul," she speaks in a cold, threatening tone, as if she didn't care one bit if he were dead or alive. Her knife in her hand as she approaches the immobilized man.

ooc:
5 dice to cast improvised spell
Intimidation attempt: Presence+Intimidation 4 dice

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Morrigan rolls one dice to invoke Paradox, and she gets a success! She invokes Havoc, she has the option to use Backlash and contain the Paradox in her pattern for 1 resistant bashing damage. The spell succeeds though with only 4 dice now, she gets 1 success!

Morrigan invokes the mysteries of death; reinforcing the Life spell already in effect! Misty tendrils of ectoplasm and shadows binding the Free Council mage further fueling his madness and rage!

Aenion

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Morrigan rolls one dice to invoke Paradox, and she gets a success! She invokes Havoc, she has the option to use Backlash and contain the Paradox in her pattern for 1 resistant bashing damage. The spell succeeds though with only 4 dice now, she gets 1 success!

ooc: she will take the backlash, I'll try to write her nimbus into my post

Tokiwong

First Post
Does Daniel still intend to dispel the Mind effect on Asimov?

LOL I am dumb, Asimov goes then Daniel goes!

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Asimov rages and then forces his will to form an imago in his mind. His face focuses into a shield of hatred as he glares at Thessaly. “So this is how the dogs of the lie shall treat me! You betray me, I shall destroy you!”

Even bound the mage has power!

Asimov uses an improvised spell of Psychic Assault! He spends a Willpower point for additional effectiveness! He subtracts Thessaly’s Resolve and gets 3 successes on the roll, Thessaly suffers 3 points of bashing damage!

The mysteries of the mind are many, but to Asimov the mind is his greatest strength, a weapon he hones into a razor’s edge and assaults Thessaly’s senses with! Her mind burns as Asimov rips through her unprepared psyche with a brutal mental assault, causing a slight trickle of blood from her nose!

Lichtenhart

First Post
"No, Asimov, no!" Daniel steps in front of the mage and grabs him by the collar, so he can look at him straight in the eyes.
"Stop hurting her, she did nothing to you! Look at me! I'm Daniel, and you saw me before. We are fellow members of the Free Council. I don't work for Starbuck, and I'm not here to steal any of your secret. She asked me to come, because she was worried about you, and when I saw you, I was worried too. It's obvious that you think you have enemies, but we are not them. And if you don't believe me, look into my mind! I'm leaving myself completely open to you! Look for yourself if I'm telling the truth or not!"

This should be a social attempt,I guess. Maybe Presence+Persuasion? That would be 3 dice, but I'm throwing a willpower point at it.

Remove ads