Mage: The Awakening PbP - Preludes

Tokiwong

First Post
Daniel rolls 6 dice for the attempt and gets 1 success!

Daniel pleads with Asimov. The enraged Mastigos relents slightly focusing his attention to his fellow Libertine. The addled mage speaks, “You are right brother… but these others they come to wrest my secrets! They will stop at nothing then to see our brothers scattered, I will no longer stand by and be marginalized!”

Asimov trembles, “Release me!”

Round 2, it is now Thessaly’s turn once more.

Shayuri

First Post
Thess gasps and rocks backwards, holding out a hand futilely in a gesture of self defense.

"I'm not your enemy either," she blurts. "I don't care about any secrets..."

She shakes her head, releasing her spell. The grass fibers relax, and wither away in seconds.

"I guess I just overreacted...I'm sorry..."

Aenion

First Post
Morrigan felt a bit woozy from when reality struck back at her for forcing her will on it. She shakes her head to clear the cobwebs from her mind, allowing the shadows to ebb back to where they came from with the same motion. The night seems to become brighter again as the shadows relax. She hides her knife from sight but doesn't relax her guard, ready to strike at any false move of the Obrimos. The determined look in her eyes tells that if he harms any of them again, she won't just restrain him.

Tokiwong

First Post
Asimov rubs his wrists and then blinks, “Oh Jesus… what have I done? I… damn it, I lost my way.” He stumbles back from the mages arrayed around him. He blinks as if a fog is lifting from his mind, “My god… Daniel… I am sorry.”

His voice is soft, “I lost it there. Damn it, I knew it was dangerous but I figured I could control it. I guess I… I need more time. Oh man, I really screwed up. Daniel, what day is it? I guess there is a reason… a reason why those old fogies frown on goetic practices.”

Asimov grimaces, “Oh man I really screwed up.”

Lichtenhart

First Post
Daniel checks on Thessaly, offers her a tissue for her bloody nose, then returns to Asimov.

"It's the 26th of August, Asimov. I think what you need now is a shower and a lot of sleep. This is Thessaly, she is Winnie's grand-daughter, I don't think you ever met. And this is Morrigan, she is new in town. Starbuck asked us to come check on you because she couldn't come herself and you weren't answering the phone. Asimov, she is really worried. I don't know what happened between you, but maybe you should call her. She looked sorry, and she really wanted to know if you were okay."

He sighs, checks on Thessaly again and takes a look around.

"If you don't mind, we'd better get in, before your neighbors call the police or worse. If you could let Thessaly have a glass of water, and maybe use the restroom, it would be great. Then... you don't have to tell us anything, but if you think talking would make you feel better, or if you need help for anything, I am here."

Tokiwong

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
"If you don't mind, we'd better get in, before your neighbors call the police or worse. If you could let Thessaly have a glass of water, and maybe use the restroom, it would be great. Then... you don't have to tell us anything, but if you think talking would make you feel better, or if you need help for anything, I am here."
Asimov nods, and lets the mages in. He walks to the kitchen and gets a glass of water for Thessaly and a warm towel. He heads upstairs for a few long moments. The interior is relatively clean with shelves of books lining just about every wall. There are several books on the floor by the couch, and there is no television in the living room. Two lamps light the room.

Asimov is upstairs for only a few moments before he returns, his hair wet and a towel in hand as he dries off his face. He sighs taking a seat in a chair close to the unlit fireplace. He rubs his temple with his hand and then speaks, “I plan to get some sleep tonight, and perhaps put my research aside for now. I think you have done enough to help me, I have been experiencing black outs… loss of time.”

“I was hoping to keep it under control, but I perhaps over reached,” he pauses as if thinking, “I can’t let this get out, I would owe you a great boon if you could keep this a secret for now. The Order of the Wyvern would love another reason to clamp down on our cabal… perhaps even get us chased out of town. Fascist bastards.”

“Thessaly are you okay, I am sorry if I hurt you… I owe all of you an apology,” he gestures to Morrigan as well.

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly takes the glass of water, and dabs the tissue in it before pressing it back to her nose. She nods at Asimov.

"I'm okay. I guess I was kind of asking for trouble, wrapping you up like that. I just freaked out...you looked so mad, I thought you were going to strangle someone."

She laughs a little laugh and takes a sip. "I'll think twice next time before trying to mix it up with another magician."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
"I'm okay. I guess I was kind of asking for trouble, wrapping you up like that. I just freaked out...you looked so mad, I thought you were going to strangle someone."

She laughs a little laugh and takes a sip. "I'll think twice next time before trying to mix it up with another magician."
“Under the circumstances I am not quite sure how else you could have reacted. My mind was clouded by the haze of a goetic demon, I was trying to best my inner demons and they got the best of me, causing me to act out my worst impulses. I think given the circumstances you did what you could,” the Free Council mage replies.

“Facing another mage in combat is never a simple matter,” he adds.

Aenion

First Post
Morrigan relaxes and sheaths her knife when Asimov seems to come to his senses and apologizes to them. She follows everyone inside, looking concerned at Thessaly, "Let me have a look at your nose," she offers, kneeling in front of Thessaly once she takes a seat. She performs a few quick checks to make sure she doesn't have a concussion.

She wasn't certain what spell Asimov had cast on her but she knew mind magic could seriously rattle your brain. Once she's satified Thess will be fine, she takes the towel and gently cleans the blood from her face before handing the towel to her and taking the tissue, "Here take this instead. You should be fine in a bit, just a nasty nose bleed," her thin, pale lips curve into a reassuring smile, the cold detachment seemed to fade some, "You did quite well considering our limitations. That was very quick thinking, if a tad dangerous."

She gets up again to get rid off the bloody tissue and wash her hands in the kitchen. Once back she takes a seat, taking a special mental note of the boon and the Order of the Wyvern. She isn't a politician but she recognises useful information when it arises.

Last edited:

Remove ads