D&D 5E Mage the General Caster and Spells

Looking at the lists, what happens with spells that fill two roles, like control and damage. Black tentacles, for instance.

I also think getting rid of the Divine/Arcane sacred cow would go a long way to balance things. Putting buff and healing in their own list and allowing classes to grab them would be cool. I guess it would step on the toes of bards and druids if wizards could do some light healing but, then, just don’t give wizards access to that list.

I also think having more than 3 lists is important but having a list based on ‘role’ might be too much. Maybe just one or two extra groups. Like 5.

(I would personally love 10 or 15 groups with only a few spells per level and give each class access to 2 or 3 lists)

I really didn’t think I’d have time to try this but I’m self isolating. It’s boring. So I have time now.

Joshy

Explorer
Looking at the lists, what happens with spells that fill two roles, like control and damage. Black tentacles, for instance.
I'm having problem separating them. so I just put them in the list the either feels most fitting or needs more spells. The list are temporary and I am hoping the community will go through them.

I also think getting rid of the Divine/Arcane sacred cow would go a long way to balance things. Putting buff and healing in their own list and allowing classes to grab them would be cool.
I originally had healing and buffs separate but there are way to few healing spells.

I guess it would step on the toes of bards and druids if wizards could do some light healing but, then, just don’t give wizards access to that list.
The original intention of the Mage class is to replace all other full casters.

Remove ads