• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mageknight and Dreamblade minis for D&D?

How do these fit if I wanted to use them for D&D? I know the bases are off, and rebasing is properbly necessary. But how are the sizes compared?
Does anyone have some comparativephotos?

Thanks.

Sammael

Adventurer
Dreamblade monsters are OK. Some will work better when based on large bases, some will work better on small bases. Dreamblade humanoids, on the other hand, are huge compared to DDM's 28-32 mm humanoids. Heck, they look huge when compared to some of WotC's recent 35 mm humanoids.

MageKnight creatures work about as well as Dreamblade ones, and the humanoids are a bit more to scale with DDM (particularly the ones from recent sets).

I have about a hundred total DB and MK minis, and they are nicely matched with DDMs.

frankthedm

First Post
Some Dreamblate figs are trapped in a Twilight zone of mini size, looking like a medium mini, but being far too big to look right on a 25MM base.

Larrin

Entropic Good
Mage knight figures work nearly just as well as DND minis....as you said,their bases are a little big, and they occasionaly have arms and such that stick out too far, they might not fit perfectly especially if its tight quarters, but they have alot of the iconic figures that you'll want for a game. If you have them USE THEM, there isn't any gameplay reason you can't, the scale isn't far off, nothing you can't ignore.

frankthedm

First Post
[quote='csp kris' on reaper board]
I've cut a few off their bases (though I did slice my finger in the process).

Some were more of a pain than others, but it wasn't all that difficult - just be careful not to slip ::):

dreamblade.jpg

D&D cleric mini thrown in for scale purposes.[/quote]

Flushcutters are helpful with Mageknights and other Clix minis.

Thanks! That's a great picture and shows that Dreamblade minis indeed can be used.

Any chance of a comparative shot of a Mageknight mini?

Also, side question. Where can I get bases to use for rebasing?

Quantarum

First Post
I converted my mage knight collection by debasing them with a scraper style x-acto blade (most are easy, but some are a real pain, wear cut resistant gloves!) and gluing them to wooden bases made by Litko Aerosystems. You can get 100 3/4" bases for about ten bucks. I blackened the bases with a big permanent marker before gluing the figure on, and they look great. I'm especially fond of the 2.0 orcs.
You can get large and huge sized wooden bases, they are considerably more expensive.
http://www.litkoaero.com/

-Q.

frankthedm

First Post
Thanks! That's a great picture and shows that Dreamblade minis indeed can be used.

Any chance of a comparative shot of a Mageknight mini?

Also, side question. Where can I get bases to use for rebasing?

1/4": Metal washers

20mm: US Pennies, metal washers

25mm: Metal washers, wood disks, Brittish 2 pence coins, US Quarters Upwords Tiles, Othello disks, Mosiac tiles.

40mm: Poker chips, mosiac tiles, metal washers.

50mm: Metal washers, Mosiac tiles

75mm: Canned food lids opened with a side cutting can opener.

Or...

http://www.gf9.com/store/index.php?cPath=64&osCsid=bc622382a3fe533502b255688ef07e50

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/MINIAATURES_BASES.html

Last edited:

Ginnel

Explorer
I can't agree enough with the advice to not cut your fingers I put a nice slice lengthways on my index finger and I am not normally prone to carelessness or clumsy accident.

Remove ads