D&D 5E Magic Items for a Warlock

Esker

Hero
Despite that, I see absolutely no issue with ruling that you could perform somatic components with a hand holding a wand of the war mage specifically.

Pauln6

Hero
On this subject, my 5e Rogue / Warlock has been converted from my 2e dual-classed Thief/Shadow Mage. I had a Book of Infinite Spells and I was wondering if it might be possible to convert it to a magical version of my Book of Ancient Secrets for 5e.

I was thinking maybe when attuned +1 to attack rolls, +1DC to spells and a random spell on a page that you can cast 1/long rest. If the spell is on your class list you add it to your spells known and if it has a ritual version, you can cast it as Ritual at will. You have to make a Charisma save (DC8+ spell level) to prevent page turning. You have advantage on class spells and disadvantage on spells that are higher level than you can cast. Does that seem powerful enough for a minor artefact?

My PC also had slippers of kicking, which basically gave non monks two kick attacks for 1d6. I just went for unarmed kick attacks count as light weapon attacks for 1d4 damage (non-attuned) but should they also count as magic weapons? I would prefer them to confer a minor benefit to a monk too if possible.

Remove ads