Magic Items! Quick!

Pbartender

First Post
Quick!

I need four magic items -- two Level 7, one Level 5 and one Level 4 -- suitable for a party that includes a human warlord, a human fighter, a half-elf warlock, and two elf rangers.

Six hours until game time, and counting.

deadsmurf

First Post
Quick!

I need four magic items -- two Level 7, one Level 5 and one Level 4 -- suitable for a party that includes a human warlord, a human fighter, a half-elf warlock, and two elf rangers.

Hard to say since it depends on what gear they use, and what magic items they already have, and what builds of their classes they are.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
This is why you have your players make Wishlists (and make them look up each item's level)!

4th level items of general applicability:
- Tracking Dust (consumable, AV1): +7 to tracking rolls, give them 10 packets, both Rangers might like this.
- Black Iron Armor +1 (scale or plate, PHB1): resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic.
- Cloak of Distortion +1 (neck, AV1): +1 to all defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away.

5th level items which seem kinda useful:
- Healing Potions (consumable, PHB1): give like 10 of them.
- Barbed Baldric (waist, AV1): anyone grabbing you takes 1d8 damage at the start of your turn.
- Armor of Sacrifice +1 (chain, plate, scale, AV1): take save-ends effects from allies onto yourself; heal an ally with your own surge 1/day.

7th level items that caught my eye:
- Onslaught Arrows +2 (consumable, ammo, AV2): allies get a +1 item bonus to hit your target, give like 20 of these.
- Screaming Armor +2 (hide, scale, plate, AV1): bonus to Intimidate checks, great bonus encounter power.
- Dwarven Armor +2 (chain, scale, plate, PHB1): bonus to Endurance checks, daily self-healing power.
- Amulet of Double Fortune +2 (neck, AV2): when you score a critical hit, acquire a bonus saving throw.
- Duelist's Bow +2 (AV2): target suffers a penalty to ranged & area attacks.
- Defensive Weapon +2 (any weapon, AV1): additional +2 to all defenses for Second Wind or Total Defense.
- Jar of Steam (wondrous, AV1): create a zone that hurts everyone except you.

Cheers, -- N

STAT

First Post
You didn't give us a huge amount of information but here are some probably decent picks:

Quick!

Level 4: Casque of Tactics (AV 1)
Level 4: +1 Acidic Weapon (Heavy Blade, Light Blade, Spear) (AV 1)
Level 4: +1 Dark Leaf Armor (Cloth, Leather, Hide) (PHB)

Level 5: Couter of Second Chances (AV 1)
Level 5: Gauntlets of Ogre Power (PHB)
Level 5: Cape of the Mountebank +1 (AV 1)

Level 7: Dwarven Greaves (PHB)
Level 7: Flesh Seeker Weapon +2 (Any melee weapon) (AV 1)
Level 7: Dwarven Armor +2 (Chain, Scale or Plate) (PHB)
Level 7: Pinning Weapon +2 (Any melee weapon) (AV 1)
Level 7: Cloak of resistance +2 (PHB)

Pbartender

First Post
Hard to say since it depends on what gear they use, and what magic items they already have, and what builds of their classes they are.

No it doesn't, really... They're all dead, and none of those details have been specified.

This is why you have your players make Wishlists (and make them look up each item's level)!

Usually, I come up with these lists ahead of time... For each item, I pick several (and taking into account "wish lists") that could be useful to someone in the party and are also appropriate for the circumstances under which they're found. Then when the parcel is found, I have one of the players roll a die to determine the specific item found. It's a semi-random method of treasure placement.

Unfortunately, I've been busy with my father's funeral and helping my mother with the arrangements that come afterward for the last two and a half weeks, and so haven't had the time to do it.

Thanks for the list, Nifft. It's a big help.

You didn't give us a huge amount of information but here are some probably decent picks:

I know it wasn't much, but I was curious to see what people came up with.

Thanks for the help.

Remove ads