• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Kingdom For Sale* (*Some Assembly Required)

Xael

First Post
*Rezomael just watches others as they discuss the unnecessary list of supplies. He nods silently to nobody in particular as he agrees with the others' ideas. But when the maps are unrolled, he jerks and stops walking nervoysly around, and moves closer.*

*Peering at the maps, he mumbles to the group, using his formal voice*: "Would it make sense if we headed directly to west first, to the river, so that we minimize the chances of getting lost? I have little interest in swamps, and I don't think that it really is any place to build a city, much less anything bigger. The river is certainly on point of interest, as we will need water wherever we go. We could easily follow the river to the lake and see if there's anything of interest. From there we could just march north to the woods and mountains if we need to. Judging by a very, very quick look at this, I'd say that the north shore of the lake is about halfway to anywhere. That's my proposition at the moment at least, but I expect and hope that you have few ideas too."

OOC: *Sniff* Ishkabar stole blue. :p

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“The area northwest of the river seems well-suited from what little can be obtained from this map. Probably close to the river or lake, for a steady supply of water.”

*Drakkon's disinterest in packing disappears as soon as a map appears*

"Hmmm... Allyra speaks wisely. With so many challenges about," *Drakkon points to the areas marked 'trolls,' 'gnolls,' and 'giants,'* "...a secure supply of fresh water is a must. The merging of the river into the vaguely marked lake might be a good place... we could have water defend two of our sides."

*Ishkabar is also looking over the maps with interest, his sharper mind thinking as well*

"Placing our initial seat, or settlement in that location might be a boon further down the road of course. It is in a position for future trade... peoples from the lake and peoples from the river undoubtedly will meet there once this land has been civilized somewhat."

*Drakkon will suddenly frown, and then give a nod of agreement towards Rezomael*

"The arcane master speaks the truth. Regardless of what we do, it would be wise to head towards this river. From there, we can follow it towards the lake, or the mountains," *he'll say seriously, before adding with a grin of mischief and a peal of laughter,*"...or, if Kord has lit a fire in all your heretical bellies, towards the swamp!"

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
*Shal also looks over the map.*

"I'd make a motion that we move on the Gnolls first. If we're likely to be able to peacefully deal with any race, they'll be it. Perhaps if we struck west to the river then south to the lake..."

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“I think we should first find a suitable place for all this stuff before we go on a tour to greet our new neighbours. It's probably the easiest, to go straight for the river and either try to cross it and follow it to the lake while staying north of the river, or if that wouldn't be possible, we have to stay south of the river and surround the lake and maybe even the swamp at the end of the journey.”

OOC: Smaller, cut-out map attached.

Attachments

• MagicKingdomMap.JPG
    MagicKingdomMap.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
*Peering at the very rough map in slight consternation, Pheader does his best to send the mental equivalent of glare at Anshul, which the ghost serenely ignores.*

"It would be a good idea to try to cross the river I think." *he agrees* "That way, we can see if it's fordable or not, and how easily. That might help us determine where we want to place our settlement as well."

Xael

First Post
*Rezomael tries not to grin when he's being called an "Arcane Master", and then speaks again after hearing others*: "If we're going to build something to the north side of the river or lake, I think that we have to make a bridge anyway. So I suppose we could build a bridge over the river when we actually get there, and a very small outpost to guard it. It's just a matter of where. Easily defendable locations are always good of course, if we manage to find one."

Last edited:

"A good defense needs only a stout heart, a full belly, and a strong sword!" Drakkon will say, before adding, "Though many who might come to our new realm might not have strong swords. The blades made in Port Lylae tend to be weaker than Alban ones, I've noticed..."

*He drifts off for a second, before remembering the point he was headed towards.*

"Either way, It would be good to have a bridge. I can swim the current, be in lazy or a rapids, but I do not know if my horse or Ishkabar's steed could make it with heavy loads on their backs. If there be rapids, I doubt many of these wagons will either.

And of course, Kord's mighty strength can be very useful in building, as well as in fighting!"
Drakkon flexes.

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
*Phaeder chuckles.* "Very true, Drakkon. I've no doubt we'll have need of your mighty thews in the days to come, whether building or fighting, and there'll probably be no shortage of either. Well... no sense in worrying about that the condition of the river until we get to it." *He looks around at all of his companions,* "We are all in agreement on a rough plan? Strike west until we hit the river, look for a crossing, and settle somewhere appropriate on it or the lake's northern banks? Then, deal with the gnolls? They'll probably have noticed us by that point, anyway."

"You mean they'll probably have raided you by that point," corrects Anshul in his head. "They're not exactly renowned for their civility and warm hospitality...."

[OOC: Isida, what time of the year is it? Spring, summer, autumn....?]

Remove ads